឵឵PerishedFraud banned by acronad

CKEY: PerishedFraud
Admin’s CKEY: acronad
Ban Type: Global, in-game
Ban Length: Permanent
Ban Date (YYYY/MM/DD/): 2023-03-31 12:45:15
Round ID: 43368
Ban Reason: After having a disabler pointed at them when they took gloves, decided to suicide on the spot for no real reason. Was disconnected before I could bwoink. Please explain yourself on the forums.

Appeal Reason: A lot of time has passed, and I also never got to explain myself on the forums, so here it is.

Additional Information:
I took the incentive to take a massive break from ss13 after this ban, and I think I needed it. With this in mind, my memory will not be picture-perfect, but here is what I remember. Engineering was de-powered, I roamed inside, investigating, and yes, I took some gloves on the way. Some other player pointed a disabler at me because of the gloves. I think I asked him if he was serious about it, because…well, I couldn’t take his actions seriously. He was serious.

What I should’ve done: Asked him about it in LOOC, or tossed him the gloves and cryo’d.
What I did: Got fed up and suicided on the spot out of frustration and disbelief.

I got bwoinked while I was offline, because, yeah, I left immediately since this encounter soured me. So, there’s my explanation. I was incredibly fed up and didn’t have it in me to play after this, and by that I mean that I literally stopped playing the game and didn’t even bother to appeal back then. Now that I’ve collected myself, I’m appealing. I don’t think suicide is worth a permanent ban to begin with, and I’ve surely done the time it’s actually worth.

Thanks for reading.

leaving mid ticket is a instant perma ban so you are forced go explain on forums
You also will most likely be unbanned

1 Like

As antops pointed out, leaving during an admin ticket usually results in an “explain on the forums” permanent ban

Not an admin anymore but I’ll add here for the others what i recall, this wasn’t anything egregious, player joined, didnt do a whole lot but did take some gloves, they were then confronted by another player and they said “watch this” and suicided and instantly DCd,

While i cant handle this since im not an admin anymore, the intent was to have tou come explain it here so i could tell you not to do that LRP nonsense and that would have been the end of the ban there, this should be easily wrapped up by admins

Note: Up until today they were silenced on the forums and could not make a public appeal. They could have made a private appeal, but given the surrounding circumstances of their community ban it likely would have been denied at the time.

Now… For the appeal…

What I should’ve done: Asked him about it in LOOC, or tossed him the gloves and cryo’d.

If this is how you believe you should respond, I would like to express some concerns. I think it’s a bit rash and kind of toxic to react so poorly to a situation that you could actively engage with.

As the first rule of improv states, “never say no.” Even if you think the other person is overreacting, you (probably) don’t have the full story. Play out the scenario and see where it leads, I can almost guarantee that you’ll have a substantially better experience if you approach these sorts of scenarios with a more open mind. Even if it doesn’t end up going in your favor.

So long as you can promise that you’ll try to approach these types of scenarios (if they even happen again) with a more positive outlook, I’ll be more than happy to lift the ban.

2 Likes

I can make that promise easily, but there’s something important that has to be clarified.

If this is how you believe you should respond, I would like to express some concerns. I think it’s a bit rash and kind of toxic to react so poorly to a situation that you could actively engage with.

The responses suggested were given accounting for my state of mind in the situation. That is - fed up. I feel it’s very disingenous to disregard that context. I could easily say “I should have just roleplayed it out”, but I know that I would not have done so back then. Even while fed up though, I believe that I could have reacted better, and that’s what I wrote about.

If this situation occured right now, I think it would play out completely differently.

So sure. I can easily promise what you ask for.

1 Like

The context as I took it was you stating what you should have done. Ideally you’d play it out, which is what I’m getting at. You’re attempting to give us some form of reassurance and I’m simply providing feedback on the response.

This is what matters and what I’m looking for. Approved.

2 Likes