Pavliko noted by chiryn Note Appeal

CKEY: pavliko

Admin’s CKEY: chiryn

Note Date (2022/08/10/):

Round ID: 39803

Note: Called out nightmare on common as an atmospheric technician, past notes indicate similar behavior. Please take this time off to reconsider your behavior, like I said.

Note Appeal Reason:
I decided to clear some of my notes due to recent events.

There was a nightmare in medbay breaking things and turning lights off.
As the good and honest crew member I was, I called it by name over common radio so security would deal with it since it was interacting with station lights in malicious ways.

If examining a creature and then calling it out by it’s species name over the radio is an OOC mechanic that you get banned/noted for then you should fix it not to display their actual species

heres an example

Please remove or edit the note appropriately, thanks

Additional Information:
I am sorry, I did not argue over this or appeal before because the bwoinking mod was my ooc friend

4 Likes

Wasn’t this a 1 day ban? I remember reading it on the bans page, so it’s not a note but it shows on the note page since it’s a ban, not sure if you can appeal the ban-note

1 Like

there is probably something to appeal because this was used as a justification to increase my current ban to a whole week.

My fault for not clearing this sooner I guess

3 Likes

Not gonna process this, but

The admin bwoinking you isn’t your friend, this isn’t highschool please.

Also to me it seems like you are strawmanning the issue of you calling out an antag in LRP/meta manner to have it round removed, by invoking the code.

We aren’t a company, if something should change, do it yourself GitHub - BeeStation/BeeStation-Hornet: 99.95% station. 0.05% bees

Again the issue here seems to lie more with you not roleplaying rather than what you actually did.

That’s not really how this works.

I’ll try to get some more feedback first, but currently I’m not particularly likely to accept this.

You also called it out as a ‘shadowling’, so I don’t think this argument really works here as they are sometimes called ‘shadowlings’ by players, but that’s not their actual name.

SAY: Pavliko/(Kate Garrison) "nightmare" (Medbay Central (74, 135, 2))
TCOMMS: Pavliko/(Kate Garrison) [Common] (spans: ) "Shahdddowlling in medddbay!" (language: Galactic Common) (Medbay Central (75, 134, 2))

After thinking about it a bit more I don’t see any reason to remove this note. You were asked to describe it in an IC way instead of using metaknowledge. I believe that is entirely reasonable since you were not a role that would have any knowledge of antagonist types.

Notes are not a punishment, this note is not inaccurate, it sticks.