Ban Type:
Permanent
Ban Length:
Permanent
Ban Date (YYYY/MM/DD/):
(2023/12/03)
Round ID:
Ban Reason:
Be excellent to eachother. Named himself “Adolf Harten” and made their character look like Hitler. Claimed to have a german cook “gimmick”. I’m gonna play it safe for everyone and ask you to appeal in a year, with a vouch, when you’ll have hopefully matured a bit.
Appeal Reason:
I made a mistake and tried to make a stupid joke that misfired in my face, for which I can only apologise. It was a mistake to joke like that, and I did not think through consequences and did not take under account that this server is made of people with different backgrounds than me. I need to be better and more “excellent” in the future. I fully agree with that. If you decide that my action deserves a punishment then I cannot and will not object to that. I had my time to cool down and realised how stupid and immature I was even thinking about that. I do not object to the fact that I should be punished for my action. I only ask for leniency and the punishment that will not mean end to my “career” on Beestation in foreseeable future. Please give me a chance to show that this is not who I am.
Additional Information:
I started playing on this server few months ago and this is the first SS13 server I ever played on. I always did my best to respect other players both OOC and IC. I was never permanently banned in my life and on this server I was never given a single ban penalty before. I really enjoy interacting with Beestation community and I had grown quite fond of beeing James Fraser, interacting with other players as him and generally other people playing on this server. I apologise for my actions and not thinking before making this kind of joke. I never planned on “larping as hitler”. My plan was to make character with some vague references and that spoke few German words testing on low population game how it would be received. As we can all see that did not work out. In hindsight I know that before even thinking about attempting to create controversial character I should ask first. I am no Monty Python and now I know that.

Hello, banning admin here.

I’ll start off by saying that I was too rash with my decision. This should’ve simply been a permanent to the forums, not a permanent in a year with a vouch. I assumed bad faith since the reference was pretty obvious and you were kind of doing a german accent. Even in the ahelp your “gimmick” justification struck me as a bit of a bullshit excuse.

However, since your history on this server is pretty clean, you bothered to make an appeal and do seem to understand what you did wrong here and why I’m fine with making this a temporary ban.

As such, I’ll be reducing your ban to 5 days.

Updated ban reason for reference:

Appeal accepted

6 Likes