Oo7craigmc Moderator Application

While playing you Aghost to handle a ticket only to come back to your character dead. After figuring out who killed you and observing them you can see them killing multiple people unprovoked and spamming filter bypasses, they are not an antagonist and their account has less than an hour on the server. What do you do?

I would AHelp because I’m not supposed to handle issues involving myself.
However, if there isn’t anyone else available and this is just a clear case of griefing, I will step in and handle it because this rule is excepted in specifically these kinds of cases.

I would say ban them first, fix up their mess and maybe ping headmins asking if you can revive yourself.
You gotta act quick with stuff like that.

1 Like

Just for the record. This can be very hard to judge from the logs alone. Keep that in mind.

It’s okay to maxcap medbay if your target is the CMO. As long as you hit the CMO with the explosion. Same goes for if the warden is your target. Maxcapping the brig is fine in that case. Just maxcapping the brig to eliminate security for being security wouldn’t be though. Keep that in mind. This is mostly an IC problem as long as they didn’t go out of their way to bomb more stuff.

So… what do you tell him? Just not respond to the ahelp? (That guy is probably a new player, hence the question regarding the roleplay, thus it might be a good idea to direct them to our rules/give them some good advice…)

This was a hard question so i don’t really fault you for not catching it especially because questions like these are always hard to put in words without giving it away. Basically, below -100 means that they sucumbed/ghosted while in critical condition. In this example that would mean that there was a fight with normal escalation into crit. Then the assistant tried saving the guy but he sucumbed. Then ahelped saying that they “got killed for no reason”. This is ban baiting. They did not get killed. Make sure you keep an eye out for cases like that. It really doesn’t happen often but when it does you better catch it!

Good answer here overall. A word of advice. Don’t jump too quick to assumptions especially regarding new players/griefers. If you have to ban a new player make sure that he understands why, what he did was wrong and against the rules. Otherwise he will just make the same mistakes again. This is super important!

1 Like

Just giving this a little bump because it’s been a few days since I last got questions.

Ah I forgot to vote.

+1, I look forward to seeing how you do as a moderator.

T:+3

1 Like

Accapted, welcome to the team.

Ping a senior/headmin to train you when you have the time

1 Like