Nutskeet Admin Application

Your CKEY (Including any alts you have): nutskeet

Your Discord Name (Including any alts you have): maverick#1706

How often are you online to play/admin? (Timezone): Several hours during the day, mostly 11pm to 7am Eastern time.

What changes, if any, would you bring?: I wouldn’t change much. Maybe answer the prayers more often and be interactive with the crew. Not adminbussy thought.

How old are you?: 32

Why do you want to be an admin?: I’ve played for nearly 700 hours and believe I can be a great help to the community and staff. I have experience to offer and am willing to learn so much more.

How long have you been playing SS13?: Several months now, came on with the ssethtide. Don’t judge plz.

How long have you been playing BeeStation?: See above.

On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you in SS13?: I’d say 7. I am robust and know most of the mechanics but still have room to learn and improve.

On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you as an admin?: 7 I would say. I have used private servers and tinkered with many commands. As always, I could always use training and am willing to improve to become a master.

Have you ever been an admin on another server? This is not limited to SS13: I have been admin on a few private WoW servers, as well as a few gmod servers.

Do you have any alternate accounts on SS13? If so, could you provide their CKEY?: No

Your strengths: I am not judgemental and I meet problems with fair criticism. Never approach a problem angry or take sides.

Your weaknesses: I still have room for improvement overall, that with help from an admin trainer, I could go above and beyond for the staff here.

Is there anything that gets you really mad, real fast?: griefers, self antagging. Legit cases, not just “ree im dead ban he”. I mean legit people ruining other peoples games because they’re bored. Also captain’s that rush shuttle call ASAP just because they’re bored even though theres no antags surfaced yet.

What do you think is the most important trait for a staff member to have?: A calm, fair, unbiased demeanor when approaching issues. Entering a ticket with someone when you have your own ideas about them will result in poor judgement.

What makes a staff team good?: Cooperation, communication, good fair fun.

What is a staff team’s purpose?: To uphold the rules and ensure everyone who took the time to play with us is having a great and fair experience.

What kind of player are you?: Very relaxed. I don’t often go after antags actively unless it’s some form of round ending antag that the station needs to work together to beat. I pick up whoever I see dead on the floor to heal and will drop what I’m doing to do so. I normally experiment with the game’s many mechanics and items on my own, then share them with crew mates. Even as an antag, I try to put a twist on my objectives and do things unique, not just “dunga kill gib me aa unga”

How do you think you will change once you become a staff member?: I will grow wiser with time, become more experienced, and be glad to show and help those in need. Especially the newbies. I do that already in game to the best of my abilities, but with adminship, I would have even more tools to help newbies learn and make their first experience great.

The clown slips the HoS and steals his gun, spacing it right after. What do you do?: Make sure it isn’t an antag objective first. If it is, I port it back into SEC and maybe give the HOS some private incoming message from Centcom like “Hey these things aren’t cheap! Bluespace delivery inbound, check your office. Don’t lose this one!”

A non-antagonist is sabotaging the Atmospherics loop and pumping plasma into the distro, along with dragging around a canister and releasing it into the atmosphere. Assuming that another admin is cleaning up the after-effects, how do you conduct the ahelp with him?: Toss them in admin prison IMMEDIATELY. Use fixair command with 3x3 range on the mix room in atmos to stop the flood. Check the players time played as atmos and check for any previous notes. If the player is brand new and doing this exactly, they must have some prior knowledge from another station and are here to grief. Ban and tell to appeal on forums. If they are genuinely just being griefy but don’t have any prior notes for such things, 1 week or more atmos/engi/CE ban, warn them that this behavior is unacceptable and will warrant harsher punishemtn in future issues.

A chemist who is working alone accidentally mixes an explosive mixture inside of his chem dispenser, instantly killing himself and destroying the machine, along with exposing Chemistry to space. Nobody else was injured aside from him as a result of his actions. What do you do?: If it is indeed confirmed an accident, that’s an IC issue. Chem machines are replaceable, ship is repairable, and chemists are replaceable as well. Maybe bwoink him to just ask him why (if the damage is significant, hull breach, deadly to others that may pass by, etc) and if he’s new, refer him to a chem guide from the wiki.

1 Like

5 Pages of Notes, just a note

1 Like

Sometimes the people who make mistakes learn the most and end up being the most valuable asset through their experience :slight_smile:

1 Like

Uhhhh arent you like a big bad mean valid hunter who yes kills the entire cult but all the civis in the area as well?

No that’s not me. Probably thinking of Alfred or Bob.

me when unironically murder someone who comes up to cult base, immediatelly wields his fireaxe and tries to run up to me so I do the ol’ JIHAD WITH SHARPENED FIREAXE

1 Like

me when i maxcap the antags, but the bomb was too big so one department is gone aswell.

1 Like

Look mate, just because bee’s in an uproar doesn’t mean shits gonna get through the cracks

-2. I know this guy. He aint suitable to be an admin

He’s a based cuck
Nuff said

mfw zesko just compared this guy to shit trying to get through the cracks.

mfw zesko “-2 i don’t like him”

refer to " “I know this man, admin he” brings zero value and is not allowed. "

Can you at least please expand on your “-2, fuck this guy” if you’re going to call him shit?

He’s immature and his actions and ahelps point to him not knowing the rules well.

This man not only has 5 pages of notes, but doesn’t properly understand the rules. Dealing with him is a pain, which I wish onto no one. God help us if this man gets admin. -2.

1 Like

Going to have to -2 this application.

Realistically bass and zesk have pointed a few points.

• You do have over 5 pages of notes.
  • You can act a little immature in ahelps.
  • Gets banned for repeated behavior.

To be perfectly honest with you nutskeet, if you were to apply for the Administrator role I’d strongly advise changing certain behaviors.

• Try to get into the least amount of trouble as best as you can.
  • Try to actively help people as much as possible.
  • Try to be understanding to game Admins as much as possible.

This will honestly help you in the long run if this gets denied and you do want to apply in the future.

For everyone pretty much saying I’m an asshole, remember I did give away one of my antag token willingly to a poor spess man who was valid hunted and killed on here say.

The community here has a mixed opinion of me, some admins like the fun I can bring to rounds, others not so much. Not every note I have on my pages of notes is a negative note. I’m willing to bet my last dollar that no admin here is perfect and has plenty of notes against them as well for some form of adminbus or otherwise. I’ve personally seen the admins replying to this application so far do some pretty shitty things and get away with it.

Sadly, several of the admins that quit due to the slur ban uprising, would have +2’d me.

Waaait a minute you’re the guy who convinced oneplusone to give you a super whetstone and proceeded to gib the entire crew

R.I.P oneplusone

Fuck 20

Unbased
me when convince joe into giving me super whetstone because I am 200 iq

1 Like

I didn’t really convince him or change his mind in anyway. I just opened an ahelp to offer a tc trade like a lot of people do, I said “tc trade?” And he said “what do you want?” And I said super whetstone. Then he spawned like 4 on the ground, didn’t take my TC, and logged out immediately afterwards. I figured it was some kinda adminbus round at that point, like when does that ever happen, ya know?

Another incident occurred not to long ago which also has a player report about you in which during a wizard round in which you named yourself the most based thing a man can do (I HAVE AN NWORD PASS) you did a very unbased thing. The announcement a captain has joined rings over and you dash to the shuttle. Before he can even leave the shuttle bam you gib him. Very unbased and cringe.

That arrivals camping means I’m gonna have to -2.