Nutskeet Admin App

Your CKEY (Including any alts you have): nutskeet

Your Discord Name (Including any alts you have): MarkR#1706

How often are you online to play/admin? (Timezone): I play 11pm - 6am EST, 5 days a week, Sun-Wed-Thurs-Fri-Sat. Monday and Tuesday I log on randomly when I have time.

What changes, if any, would you bring?: There actually being a dedicated admin only during twilight hours.

How old are you?: 32

Why do you want to be an admin?: I’ve always wanted to help people out and be there when there isn’t anyone. Been many of rounds I’m playing where people are literally begging in OOC for an admin to log on, then have to go on discord and wake people up to log on cause grief.

How long have you been playing SS13?: 1 1/2years.

How long have you been playing BeeStation?: 1 1/2 years.

On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you in SS13?: 8

On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you as an admin?: 8

Have you ever been an admin on another server? This is not limited to SS13: I was once admin on a GTA V rp server, trialed on a Minecraft server for a bit but stopped playing, I DM occasionally on Roll20 if that counts.

Do you have any alternate accounts on SS13? If so, could you provide their CKEY?: No

Your strengths: Quick eye for grief. I can usually tell its grief before it happens. Fair but firm judgement.

Your weaknesses: I can sometimes be a shitter as well. We all have bad times from time to time. But I like to think I’ve mellowed out lately. Somewhat anyways. I deny nothing in my past.

Is there anything that gets you really mad, real fast?: Not really. Lying if I had to pick one.

What do you think is the most important trait for a staff member to have?: Being active, being a part of the community. I think admins are crucial to round progression, just as antags are. I’m not saying you have to intervene in rounds directly, but just your presence can make rounds flow better.

What makes a staff team good?: Communication and level heads.

What is a staff team’s purpose?: To keep control and enpower a fair, fun, and growing community of gamers.

What kind of player are you?: I used to be a power gamer. Now I’m just a mad scientist / experimenter. I love seeing how things interact with one another and trying new stuff.

How do you think you will change once you become a staff member?: With great power comes great responsibility. I think I would actually play less and observe more, being a beacon of hope in the night when the tide comes out.

The clown slips the HoS and steals his gun, spacing it right after. What do you do?: IC issue mostly, but I would replace the gun and centcom message (a voice crackles in your headset type of message) the HOS telling them that these things are expensive to replace and not to be brandishing it so foolishly unless there is a threat. HoS gun is a traitor objective after all. leaving it spaced would red text someone potentially. Even if there isn’t a roundstart traitor with that objective, its possible to roll midround traitor with that objective.

A non-antagonist is sabotaging the Atmospherics loop and pumping plasma into the distro, along with dragging around a canister and releasing it into the atmosphere. Assuming that another admin is cleaning up the after-effects, how do you conduct the ahelp with him?: I would immediately adminprison the offender so no further grief can come about and make clean up easier for the other admin. Then I would question them why they would ever think its a good idea to do such a thing. Then I would slap a ban on and tell them to appeal it on the forums with a really good reason so that all the admins can debate what should happen to them ultimately.

A chemist who is working alone accidentally mixes an explosive mixture inside of his chem dispenser, instantly killing himself and destroying the machine, along with exposing Chemistry to space. Nobody else was injured aside from him as a result of his actions. What do you do?: These things happen from time to time, I have seen really good chem mains blow themselves up on accident. I would bwoink them and ask them what happened and why it happened. If it was malicious, I would slap a job ban on them for a while. If it was accidently, I would leave it as an IC issue, as the damage can be fixed easily and the death can be reversed, also chem boards aren’t unique. If the offense is repeated constantly, job ban and tell them to refer to the wiki and learn more about chemical reactions before playing chem again.

Off Notes I know I have a lot of notes, and it will probably end up being what ultimately denies me the position, I still wanted to apply though since it was encouraged for us all to apply to MBGA. For what it’s worth, I’ve mellowed out some and really just want to observe and help.

1 Like

i mean im not an admin but these answers are fucking terrible, just look at the chemist one damn

2 Likes

You didn’t say why they’re bad, these are actually pretty good & fair.

-2 8 pages of notes
With this many notes and bans I am supprised you haven’t been permabanned yet in all honesty, but this leads me to believe you are probably not ready to be in a staff position.

The best teacher is failure. Maybe I learned much from my bwoinks. Maybe I am ready to do the bwoinking.

There is no evidence you have learnt from your mistakes, considering your last note was 3 days ago

I concur, -2 for the same reason bro.

-1 for massive amount of notes
T: -5

T: -7
Clean up the act, keep your record clean, try again in a couple of months.

society hate old man

Denying at a -7.

You may re-apply in the future.