Note Ruling disagreement

CKEY:Ice Type

IC name:Catherine Brown

Admin CKEY: ?

Admin name: Not_a_Shark

Note:
Severe: Eorg prep. As the RD, brought a TTV onto the shuttle. Claimed “it’s valuable technology that my payed for” as part of their IC reason, but also admitted it was partly for “EORG fun”. Has been reminded that a head should not bring a Bomb onto the emergency shuttle unless there is a very good reason.

I’m fine with a note and all, I just think it’s too severe, due to the amount of prep involved. I already had an inert TTV in the locker I was bringing for completely in character purposes, and the only prep I did was attaching a detonator onto it. I think that, considering this prep tool no time and didn’t effect my rp whatsoever, it’d be fairer to make this a moderate note instead.

1 Like

Notes are a form of record, not punishment.

As in I think a big red !!! is a bit much.

5 Likes

Do you deny this happend?
and no, severity is not a form of punishment. It means that the admins handling your tickets should take a good look at it.
As this was a instance of powergaming, FRP, and head of staff misconduct, a red note is Valid.

FRP? I don’t know what that means. And how is it power gaming?

Worth mentioning that note severity doesn’t effect anything other than the symbol that shows up next to the note. Even when it comes to future cases we’re going to be looking at the contents of the note itself and not the severity. Assuming that the note is valid and it accurately describes what happened then there’s not really anything to appeal.

EORG prep is considered power-gaming. A big reason for that is that people tend to bring gear on the shuttle for the sake of EORG and then end up using it on the shuttle in response to something. For example say you bring a gun onto the shuttle for EORG, a traitor tries to hijack - you then end up shooting them with a gun you shouldn’t have had on you from an in character perspective.

1 Like

Hm, i though it had resolved this.
As Mentioned the severety is of no issue, and the stated events have infact transpired.
As the note is Valid i will be denying this.
Thanks for the appeal.