NotAnAlt2 banned by Inithis

CKEY:
NotAnAlt2
Admin’s CKEY:
Inithis
Is this for both servers or just one? If so, which one:
Does not state such information in the ban message.
Which server did the ban happen on?
Beestation Sage MRP
Ban Type:
Doesn’t say in the ban message, but it says I’m banned from all security roles so… Security role ban?
Ban Length:
7 days
Ban Date (MM/DD/YYYY):
05/18/2021
Round ID:
Ban Reason:
Killed a player because they were unable to arrest them.
Appeal Reason:
All of security had standing orders from the captain to execute and borg the terratomas. (We were in maint, me, two terratomas, a security officer and a medical doctor) If I had the capability to arrest the medical doctor instead of killing them I would have done so but I don’t think doing so was unjustified. The terratomas and medical doctor all attacked me multiple times, and I had handcuffed all of them atleast once, the officer with me walked away without helping and I was left trying to repeatedly handcuff all of them, and then one of them would unhandcuff the others, until eventually they managed to get the majority of my equipment off me. I had no non-lethal weapons left, I tried to put them in critical condition and then arrest them but because of the new soft crit mechanics I did too much damage and they died, I don’t really have much else to say other than that it was a genuine accident caused by the new pr and my mistake.

In an ideal scenario I would have handcuffed all three, had the terratomas executed and informed the captain he should make a decision on what to do with the remaining capital crime prisoner. But I’m not a good enough player to take on three people at once in a maintenance tunnel.
Additional Information:
I called for backup over the radio and nobody turned up, the three of them were trying to kill me and also had a plasma canister they were trying to drag out of maint.

5 Likes

Im not a mentor or anything, but just from that side of the story it sounds like he followed standard lethal force procedure
" Multiple Hostiles - it can be extremely difficult to detain multiple hostiles. As a last resort if you are being mobbed you may deploy your baton in a harmful manner to thin the crowd. Generally it is better to retreat and regroup than stand your ground"
And I would personally consider dragging around a plasma tank to be “armed”
" Armed and Dangerous - if a suspect is in possession of weapons, including stun weapons, and you have reasonable suspicion that they will use these against you, lethal force is permitted. Although in the majority of cases it is still preferable to attempt to detain them non-lethally."

1 Like

Ban expired, stale appeal. If you wish to proceed with a note appeal that should be expressly stated here.

also @Inithis I found another.