Not a Shark Moderation Application

Questions time.

1: You get a ticket from a traitor that says “Detective just arrested me for no reason”. Upon further investigation, you see the detective is also using a syndicate encryption key in their headset. What, if anything, would you do?

2: You observe a 2 hour player who picked up a posibrain ghost role, and gets put into a cyborg. They take the engineering module, bee-line it to Engineering and start unwrenching pipes that affect the SM’s stability. What would you do?

3: You’re adminned while playing, and as the acting captain, assist security in making an arrest after seeing somebody commit a crime. That same person then ahelps that the captain is validhunting. How do you handle this ticket?

Easiest First

3: You’re adminned while playing, and as the acting captain, assist security in making an arrest after seeing somebody commit a crime. That same person then ahelps that the captain is validhunting. How do you handle this ticket?

Have a Look, but quite certaily do nothing. The (accting) Captain is permitted to make arrests and aid security as they a crime being commited or security is overburdend
Id Explain this to the Ahelper, wish then good luck, and mark it as IC.
(do keep an eye out if theres grevious cap-curity happening, llke stalking maints one green or doing random searches while they ignore the station goal)

1: You get a ticket from a traitor that says “Detective just arrested me for no reason”. Upon further investigation, you see the detective is also using a syndicate encryption key in their headset. What, if anything, would you do?

While security is not meant to use syndicate items (unless theres a VERY good cause to), the encryption key is usually exists in a grey area, and is regularly used by the Hos or captain to monitor for syndicate communications.
Wait for the Detective to finish the arrest, possibly use this time to see if there are active officers, then PM them so they may explain 3 things to me
a) Why did they make a arrest?
If there are active officers the detective has no buisness arresting people, This is a SOP breach and at least warants a possible note as well as IC consequeses
b) Why are they in possesion of the syndicate encryption key?
While security is usually prohibited from making use of traitor items, the encryption key is usually an execption as it allows the Hos or Captian to monitor for syndicate comunications (especially if there is a incursion team). Unless the Hos or Captain authorized the detective to make use of this key, (which they normaly never do) this is a clear breach of Space Law and a case of power gaming.
c) With the no reason is assume this means the Dect. ran up the the traitor and wordlessly batoned them.
The dect should be reminded of the “you must RP” rule, and wordless arrest are usually seen as very poor form. The Dect should at least tell them that they are about to be arrested (unless they pose an active danger)

seeig how they answer, i would resolve it as such,
Theres little to no sec and they are authorized to the key? All clear, but ,maybe ensure that whoever authorized it that said key should stay in the hands of command as it allows one to monitor all station channels
The Key is not authorized, but theres sec? explain to them how contraband is suppposed to be handled, add a minor powergaming note. make sure they hand in that key!
Otherway around? If there are no notes to remind them of SOP (add a possible not) or, if there are give them a stern warning, maybe a short job ban id there more notes about this than resonable.
Key is not authorized and there are officers?
Sigh, and make sure they understand that they broke booth SOP and Server Rules. Ill explain to them that sec is held to a higherstandart and is expected to follow their SOP a little more closely. Also make sure they know unless authorized, or incase of immient danger, Sec should not use.
As multiple rules have been broken (do your job/no powergaming) Leave a not on the first offense, a short job or a very short server ban to igce them time to read the rules again

2: You observe a 2 hour player who picked up a posibrain ghost role, and gets put into a cyborg. They take the engineering module, bee-line it to Engineering and start unwrenching pipes that affect the SM’s stability. What would you do?

Observe for a bit, are they only changing the Sm set up? fixing an error the engis made? or just dismantling the entire setup.
Bwoink them, if they dont respond and keep dismantling it, a-jail them, then send the CE ot a SE a headset PM that the SM has been sabotaged.
The borg wil be questioned in in the a-jail, though the outcome will most likely be the same
they, as a 2 hour account, knew how to control a borg and work its interface, have enough knowledge of enginering to effectively distabalize the SM. All this points to either an Evader or griefer.
Unless they they make a very good case for them self in the ticket, consult with and an admin before issuing a permanent ban/server ban.

ERRRRRRRp
You activated his trap card
Since the ticket is about you, you dont get to handle it at all and have to call a diffrent admin over

Teeeeeeeechnically, they should have deadminned when promoted to acting captain

1 Like

eh i mean that part’s the scenarios fault, not theirs.
But yea, shouldnt even be admiend as a head, HA!

Overlooked the “as”. My bad
this is what i get for doing this at 2 am
: /

A) why was i not deadminned already? (Also invi replied while i way typing this) de-admin as playing sec and command requires this
B)Wait for another admin to handle said ticket, as self-ticketing is a breach of admin confuct.

edited this to make it more readable
Good night

Answers time (2 days late edition, been slacking, I know :cry:)

Good

As was said by llol, trick question. You shouldn’t have been adminned in the first place, much less have handled a ticket about yourself, though this is handled by auto-deadmin as head/sec/silicon/antag to begin with.

First off, the encryption key no longer exists in a grey area, and should be put into the evidence locker alongside all other contraband, regardless of being able to monitor comms or not. Sec should NEVER be using syndicate equipment unless it’s an absolute emergency, i.e. nuke ops, for example.

Other parts are fine, though note history of a player should also be strongly considered before issuing notes/bans.

Considering question 2 was sort of moot, as you would’ve been deadminned anyway, I think I’d like to see how you’d do as a moderator.

+1

T: +3

• While adminning and playing in the round as an unimportant role you Aghost to investigate a ticket. Upon returning to your body you find that your head has been chopped off and your brain deep fried. After figuring out who killed you and orbiting them you see them running through medbay killing people on sight and spamming various filter bypasses. They are not an antagonist. Their account is also brand new with roughly twenty minutes on the server.

What do you do if anything?

All this points to an evader
-bypasses means knowledge of the filtered words
-they are obvoiusly experinced with the game and combat inside it
-reckless grief without any atempt at stealth

Ill qoute this from the conduct page

• Do not handle issues involving your character in-game without explicit approval by a Senior admin. (Exceptions will be made for players blatantly griefing the server)

After seeing if there are other staff members online that could take the ticket (for this question ill assume im alone) ill notify senior staff members of the incident on discord, then take action.
As this is blatant grief, ajail, maybe gib (or bread them if we ever get that feature) and then bwoink them so they may explain.
In the unlikely case they did not disconnect, Ask they what hell they thought they where doing.
But regardless, looking at their action they are assured a permanent ban: (do tell them they can appeal in a year, and that they need a vouch)
After this permanent ban has been created, alert the admins, make a short report about what happend and that a permanent ban has been created, then close the ticket

2 Likes

Good.

Auth isn’t required for job bans even if it exceeds 3 days.

You’re going to be dealing with this a lot, better get used to it.

I’ll give this a +0.5. Answers, activity, notes/ban history all look good although I do agree with fighter that your understanding of English is a bit lacking although in my opinion that’s not a deal breaker. Either way I’d like to see how you do as a mod. Good luck.
T: +3.5

2 Likes

Accepting at +3.5

1 Like