CKEY: Smujge

Your Discord: Smujge#8907

Offender’s CKEY: Not_a_Shark, Megaddd

Offender’s In-Game Name (if relevant): N/A

Date (MM-DD-YYYY): 11/25/2022

Round Number: 41493

Rules Broken (if relevant): Rule 1, Rule 2, Rule 14

Part of Admin/Mentor Conduct Broken (if relevant): N/A

Incident Description: I ahelped two players, Mikael Mines who was a station engineer, and Roy Chester who was a virologist. I reported Mikael Mines for breaking rule 1 and rule 14, he called out a blob by just screaming “BLOBBBBBBBBBBBBBB” over comms (more clarification on this later since obviously calling out a blob isn’t bad on it’s own), and I reported Roy Chester for breaking Rule 2, he had become virtually unkillable via normal means through the power of virology, and as far as I could tell the shift was pretty bog standard up until the blob showed up, I have no idea why he would need that sort of power to do his job.

Ultimately both Not_a_Shark and Megaddd concluded it was an IC issue. While the ticket was handled by Not_a_Shark for the most part, Megaddd chimed in at some point with his own bwoink so I think it’s appropriate to include both of them.

Additional Information: I am disagreeing with the ruling here based on how the rules are intented, along with Bee’s general goal of providing a conductive environment for roleplay. So in the case of Mikael Mines I’m not reporting him because he sighted a blob and reported it over comms, but I am reporting the way in which he did it. I strongly doubt he was considering how his character would even act upon seeing something like that, he instead conducted his “character” in a way that was more typical of someone who was reporting an antag based entirely on meta/game info.

Station Engineers aren’t even supposed to know what the various antagonists are as they’re not relevant to an engineer’s job, and immediately calling out an antag by name like that implies it’s something that his character has seen before. I think it would have been more appropriate for him to even just get a reminder or possibly a note to focus more on playing a character than prioritising being the first person to call out the antag bad man.

Relevant screenshot:

As for Roy Chester, I’ve already provided all of the relevant information I have in regards to his powergaming in the incident description, but to reiterate, he was (seemingly) nigh unkillable with his virology magic, here is another relevant screenshot:
I think this level of power definitely falls under “do not powergame”, and that’s not even mentioning the space adaptation he has as well.

5 Likes

Alrighty. So, I have looked into the logs and overall I would argue that the “blob” scream was rather shitty, but more or less acceptable. I would’ve told them to tone it down a little bit and sound more serious though.

I disagree with the decision taken in regards to the virologist. The virologist injected himself with said viruses before the blob was even announced or had even spawned. It is fine to experiment with viruses. It is also fine to create the most deadly disease as long as it doesn’t get out. But injecting yourself with a trifecta of maxed out healing diseases for absolutely no IC reason is powergaming. @Not_a_Shark has been made aware of that now.

A note will be applied to the virologists account. Thank you for the report!