Ninjas prison

Going to be honest, either have it kill us or send us back like contractors. there isn’t even any cryos even though your round removed

11 Likes

Personally I really enjoy ninja prison since it has a load of fun goodies like moonlight gs, wand of flying, fight ring, kitchen, bar, and the list goes on. But that’s just me.

people trash on abductors, but ninja just exists to round remove. Its honestly way more annoying to be captured by a ninja. just have the capture kill people, its the same thing.

3 Likes

already made an appeal to improve it in the past by turning it into a ghost spawner and improving the general layout. People can join you in this enclosed area and the only way out is death or ghost.

Only one thing to add I guess and that would be contractor targets… Would need to make sure we dont brick the objective or have the target return with something they shouldnt. otherwise. all of that ^

Please just remove the objective. This isn’t even a feature, it’s just fluffy round removal.

2 Likes

I like the ‘‘concept’’ of that ninja dojo but yeah, it’s not fun to be round-removed, at the very least you should be able to get back or have other commodities so you don’t get bored to death, in fact even not having a cryopod is an issue already

Last time i got sent to ninja prison i was a ling (at that point i didn’t know you could resist/attack the net) and me and another captured ling decided to spare everyone from being stuck there by killing them, i think that ninja captured SEVENTEEN people, the picture is on screenshot thread.

Since we’re having a /TG/ space-dragon rework on the works, i think another good project would be to port their ninja, iirc they have some more interesting objectives from what i’ve seen on youtube.

1 Like

Seriously, please change the ninja capture objective. If you don’t remove it, rework it. Do SOMETHING.

Right now, the number of life forms it has you capture is obscenely high - randomized anywhere between 5 and 10.

First, consider that capturing is done with an energy net. Then, consider that people can break out of an energy net. Lastly, realize that people can’t break out of an energy net if they’re beat into crit.

Logically, this means the ninja is literally incentivized to beat the shit out of people while they’re in the net so they meet their goal.

This leads to an objective that is, fundamentally and by fucking design, a borderline murderbone pass.

"Why not just lower the number of life forms the ninja needs then?"

The design of the ninja prison as well as the objective itself shows that it was designed to hold a lot of people. With that in mind, the only thing worse than being round removed to Ninja prison is being round removed to an empty ninja prison.

"But the ninja doesn't need to capture live people!"

Dead people are worth 0.5. Monkeys are worth 0.1. You want the ninja to capture 100 monkeys or 20 corpses?

(Xenos are worth 2 and Queens are worth 3, but this will never happen. If a ninja ever captures an antagonistic, player controlled Xeno Queen in a real round after this post, I will personally ship them a trophy.)

Really this is objective, and almost the entire antag, is a relic from other genres of SS13 that hasn’t seen a major update in several years. As far as I can tell, ninja has had nearly zero targeted updates that aren’t sweeping code QoL or UI fixes. This objective wasn’t made for an RP server and the sheer number of complaints about it makes it obvious. Please please please change ninja prison.

just make it so if ninja dies people are released

10 Likes

Just make it so the ninja’s capture works like contractor where they come back after a while

2 Likes

Challenge accepted

3 Likes

hahahaha. So yeah… Round removal :^)

i was that ninja

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.