Nickro99 “forum explanation” banned by Ro5490

CKEY: Nickro99

Admin’s CKEY: Ro5490

Is this for both servers or just one? If so, which one: Both

Ban Type: Permanent

Ban Length: Forever

Ban Date(MM/DD/YYYY):10/25/2022

Round ID: 41030

Ban Reason: "Deliberate disconnection mid ticket has escalated this to a forums explanation ban.
Using the name “John A.W Smith” and refusal to change to a name that follows our guidelines.

Appeal Reason: I honestly do not know where to begin with writing this. I could, for one, say how this is one of the most moronic rules/guidelines I have ever seen in my life on any server. On a server where the average player cannot roleplay properly to save their life, on a server where I have seen people named “Innocent Rose” or “Misty Spaghetti” (to clarify, these people were not clown players), I am suddenly targeted for this. I, a veteran player of this server who has been here likely before the admin who even banned me, likely before the majority of connected players right now, am being persecuted for such a minor thing when I have seen trucklouds upon trucklouds of other people have far worse/sillier names. Newsflash: People in real life have middle names! Second newsflash: Not a single person in that server was complaining about me having an “A.W”, in my name. I assure that you could have interviewed every single individual in that round and they would have either been apathetic to it or have thought it was neat, simply because it was different.

The only part which I do apologize for is the disconnection. I was honestly so bewildered that this server STILL cared so much about such a frivolous restriction, and that I was being talked to in this way about it, as if it was some serious thing, that I honestly just caved in to my sleep deprivation and put myself in cryo and left.

To be quite honest with you, I don’t even care that much about not being able to have an A.W in my name. What I do care so much about is this server, this server which I still love so much sees it as such an important thing to specifically target people at random about this, but the second an admin isn’t present/is lazy, this “issue” becomes incredibly widespread and can be observed multiple times in one round.

tl;dr sorry for dc’ing, stop caring so much about names in a silly spaceman fart game

I’ll stop using the name if you truly will not bend on how stupid this specific rule is. Feel free to give me some sort of day to week ban for DC’ing mid ticket. Carpe diem.

Additional Information: It was like 11:00PM or some shit, I was tired and wasn’t thinking super logically. Probably doesn’t mean anything to you.

5 Likes

Its still one of our guidelines that players need to follow.

Always report naming guideline violations

Again, report any rule/guideline violations. If there are no admins online, make a player report.

Again, Its still a guideline that players need to follow, Even if nobody has reported it.

All this shows is that your appeal isnt in good faith, and you dont see the main issue.

For a third time, report any issues. If nobody is online just make a player report.

In conclusion, I dont think this appeal was made with the intention of actually appealing, rather it was made to vent your frustrations with our naming guidelines and rant about it all.

I’ll be waiting for some other input from the @GameAdmin team before making a decison here.

4 Likes

Must I crawl before you and beg forgiveness as if this is a serious offense? If I hadn’t have disconnected this would have been a minor punishment at best.

I will comply with this server’s silly naming restrictions, for however much they are barely enforced. I never said in my initial appeal that I would not comply with naming restrictions in the future.
“I’ll stop using the name if you truly will not bend on how stupid this specific rule is.”

Clearly, the administration of this server is not going to bend. So, as I said, I will agree to using a different, and rule compliant name. I do not need to act as if I am sorry for some sort of great sin, when it is a rather trivial issue in the first place.

4 Likes

After getting some feedback and prompting, I’ve decided to change this to a short apperence ban.
Please understand that even if you dont like a rule, it is still a rule you need to follow.
And deliberately disconnecting mid-ticket is a surefire way to end up perma’d to forums.

Appeal Accepted.