Nexendia Mod Application

Your CKEY (Including any alts you have): Nexendia

Your Discord Name (Including any alts you have): Alijah#1834

How often are you online to help? (Timezone): PST/PDT // On nearly the entire day when I dont work. 6 - 12 hrs

What changes, if any, would you bring?: None. Current status-quo is holding up really well and I dont feel I could improve upon it other than being an extra set of eyes/hands.

How old are you?: 25

Why do you want to be a moderator?: No Admins/Mods online during majority of the time I play.

How long have you been playing SS13?: Nearly a decade.

How long have you been playing BeeStation?: On and Off since 2019 - Majority since beginning of 2022

On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you in SS13?: 6 - Engineering/Silicon/Command (if thats a thing to count) Specitalty but With everything that has changed over the past 10 years I havenā€™t been able to keep up with some things.

On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you as an administrator? (this can include past games): 7 - Ive had my ups and downs however when it comes to dealing with the actual task itself I am fairly competent.

Have you ever been an admin or moderator on another server? This is not limited to SS13: HippieStation, a few MC servers years ago.

Do you have any alternate accounts on SS13? If so, could you provide their CKEY?: None.

Your strengths: Hyper attention to detail & ability to learn new skills quickly.

Your weaknesses: Im known to take emotional holidays when things get tough so just overall mental health is my weakness.

Is there anything that gets you really mad, real fast?: From SS13 not much, while I do get upset or mad over those who outright break the rules and effect my round it never gets me over the top mad where I fume.

What do you think is the most important trait for a staff member to have?: Calmness.

What makes a staff team good?: The ability to cooperate and make sure everyone is doing the right thing.

What is a staff teamā€™s purpose?: Ensuring the Servers & Discord are kept to a minimum level of sanity and removing those who break the rules.

What kind of player are you?: Cheeky RP focused ball of chaos.

How do you think you will change once you become a staff member?: I dont think much will change.

The clown slips the HoS and steals his gun, spacing it right after. What do you do?: Message the clown asking why they slipped the clown and spaced the gun, even as a prank this would be too much even for a clown and its Minor ā€˜Grief Protectionā€™, After that it would most likely turn into either a note or if they have a history of similar things I would issue a ban and how long that ban would be is dependent on history.

A non-antagonist is sabotaging the Atmospherics loop and pumping plasma into the distro, along with dragging around a canister and releasing it into the atmosphere. Assuming that an admin is cleaning up the after-effects, how do you conduct the ahelp with him?: I would ask them if they know what they were doing and why they were doing itā€¦ Regardless of the answer as there are far and few reasons you would ever do this and it be okay it would most likely turn into a Job & Server ban depending on History and impact it had on the round as a whole.

A chemist who is working alone accidentally mixes an explosive mixture inside of his chem dispenser, instantly killing himself and destroying the machine, along with exposing Chemistry to space. Nobody else was injured aside from him as a result of his actions. What do you do?: Ask them what went wrong and if they knew that mixing those chemicals would result in that explosion, if again they dont have a history of this then it would be a note outlining what had happened.

6 Likes

Thank you for deciding to apply!!! :muscle:

Donā€™t worry, if you will need to take a break from the game donā€™t hesitate, itā€™s completely understandable, mental health and IRL stuff always come before the videogame :ok_hand:

Standard questions look good, Iā€™ll ask you a couple of mine:
(they may be hard, so donā€™t worry about getting them ā€œwrongā€)

1. Two traitors team up and buy romerol. Neither one of them has a ā€œmartyrā€ objective. Both traitors are rather new-ish and claimed they didnā€™t know itā€™s not allowed. They already injected their targets with romerol, and it started slowly spreading. What would you do?
    (youā€™d be a moderator, so you wouldnā€™t have access to admin-restricted tools like ā€œcure everyoneā€)

2. A medic builds a chemical dispenser in medbay, and starts making high tier medicines with it. In the meanwhile, chemistry is staffed by two people. What would you do?

3. Xenobiologist hears thereā€™s a ninja on the station. They proceed to give sentience to two fireball carps, and tells them to kill the ninja.
    There were three sec officers at the time, and an HoS.
    The xenobiologist did not ask to any one of the heads for permission.
    The carps manage to kill the ninja, but in the process they also hurt many crewmembers, killing one. What would you do?

4. Whatā€™s your favourite music album? :notes:

1 Like
  1. I would first inform an admin of the situation so that the infection could be handled and once that is done I would contact both of them how you would any other situation involving someone doing something they shouldntā€¦ Honest mistakes happen and they would receive a note stating ā€˜Was told not to release Romerol as a non-martyr traitorā€™ After that I would politely refer them to the rules to refresh their memory of them so something like this doesnā€™t happen in the future.

2. What I would do relies on many thingsā€¦

• firstly have they been given permission by CMO or Captain?
    ā€“ I would leave them alone and continue on with my day. IC Issue.

• Are the chemists unable or unwilling to properly do their jobs?
    ā€“ I would look into the chemists and see whats up but this would generally fall into IC issue category.

If neither of these are applicable I would refer to Rules 2 & 3.

In this case I would message the person involved and ask why they have it setup, if they cannot give me a valid reason I would then let them know that they should be going to the chemists for chems rather than building their own chem dispenser as this could be seen as powergaming.

If its an honest mistake leave a note outlining the situation.

1. This would fall under both an IC issue due to them failing to get proper permission and Rule 9.

I would message the Xenobiologist and ask them why they didnā€™t ask permission to release dangerous xeno crittersā€¦ this would also include checking if they have done this previously but this would very much result in a note and possibly a 3 day jobban.

I cant decide between 3

Big Wreck
-Grace Street
-Albatross
-Ghosts

1 Like

I really like the answers!
I would really like to see you on staff! :muscle: :+1: +1

And thanks for the band reccomendation! iā€™ll check them out :ok_hand: :notes:

T: +1

EDIT:
While reading, i mistakenly read this as ban, not job-ban. Very sorry.

Self antagonism should be punished with a server ban, a job ban on its own would not be appropriate in this case.
Based on what the xenobiologist did, a 3 days server ban would be more appropriate.
Of course, based on the damages they caused and their history the punishment would escalate accordingly.
Sorry again if iā€™m writing this just now, my bad.

1 Like

Thank you for catching that :sweat_smile:

It does make more sense to give them the server ban iā€™ll make sure to keep that in he head for the future if I make it to mod!

After having read some recent logs containing some questionable RP conduct and a bit of (fairly minor all things considered) toxicity towards other players Iā€™m not entirely comfortable supporting this application at this time.

For the time being Iā€™m going with a -1, this may or may not change as the application progresses.
Good luck regardless.

2 Likes

So that brings the total to 0
T: 0
just for bookkeeping reasons

Thank you for the input, Iā€™ll make sure I shy away from anything that could be considered questionableā€¦ I am confused on the toxicity though.

I may be a little loud at times but I donā€™t feel Iā€™ve ever been toxic?

Iā€™ll make sure I clean that up though just incase.

Could I have my app closed?

Iā€™d still love to keep my application up but I have lost drive to keep up with ss13 lately.
:pray: thank you in advance.

2 Likes

aight gamer
:saluting_face:

Body is too short (minimum is 15 characters)

2 Likes