Nexendia Mod Application #2

Your CKEY (Including any alts you have): Nexendia

Your Discord Name (Including any alts you have): alijaht

How often are you online to help? (Timezone): West Coast Canada, Pacific Time GMT-8 I can at least dedicate 10-20 hours a week entirely to ss13 maybe more, maybe less.

What changes, if any, would you bring?: Nothing other than another set of eyes.

How old are you?: 26 (27 in may)

Why do you want to be a moderator?: WhereAmI’s constant cries for help for people to apply, lack of mods/admemes online during later hours when I play and it seems like a reasonable step to take even if I don’t get accepted.

How long have you been playing SS13?: Since 2012/2013

How long have you been playing BeeStation?: Since 2019

On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you in SS13?: 7-8

On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you as an administrator? (this can include past games): 7

Have you ever been an admin or moderator on another server? This is not limited to SS13: Hippie, a few MC servers

Do you have any alternate accounts on SS13? If so, could you provide their CKEY?: Nope, any that I did have are dead since 2015 lost the logins for them and have no interest in gaining access nor do I remember the ckeys.

Your strengths: Hyperfocus & attention to detail.

Your weaknesses: Mental Health, previous application I mentioned I sometimes needed to take breaks due to things getting to much, ive definitely improved on this a good amount since but its still my biggest weakness.

Other weaknesses would most likely be my decision making ingame wise while playing command roles… I’ve made some less than ideal decisions but learned from them

Is there anything that gets you really mad, real fast?: Transphobic/Homophobic comments and actions, I just have no tolerance for it and will lose it over this stuff.

What do you think is the most important trait for a staff member to have?: Calmness

What makes a staff team good?: The ability to cooperate and make sure everyone is doing the right thing.

What is a staff team’s purpose?: Ensuring the Servers & Discord are kept to a minimum level of sanity and removing those who break the rules.

What kind of player are you?: still a cheeky “RP” focused ball of chaos.

How do you think you will change once you become a staff member?: I’ll play less than I do now while observing more… other than that it’ll be same me as always.

The clown slips the HoS and steals his gun, spacing it right after. What do you do?: While the situation could be handled IC I would most likely bwoink the clown… even though it can be seen as funny the HoS’ gun is not something to be ‘clowned’ around with, especially since from what I can remember its also a traitor objective and that could potentially ruin more than one players round.
A note would also be added to the players record.

A non-antagonist is sabotaging the Atmospherics loop and pumping plasma into the distro, along with dragging around a canister and releasing it into the atmosphere. Assuming that an admin is cleaning up the after-effects, how do you conduct the ahelp with him?:

I would first ask the player if they have read the rules and ask if they understand that their actions are deemed ‘self antaging & griefing’ depending on how they react in the ticket would decide how severe a punishment they get, job ban & possible server ban would follow.

A chemist who is working alone accidentally mixes an explosive mixture inside of his chem dispenser, instantly killing himself and destroying the machine, along with exposing Chemistry to space. Nobody else was injured aside from him as a result of his actions. What do you do?: I would check the players notes and see if this is a problem they have, if its a one off I would leave the situation IC… if not I would bwoink and ask if they need assistance or suggest they pick another job.

Some stuff copied from last application 2 years ago due to it still being accurate

1 Like

I’m not a fan of your answers TBH, but I like what I see in game.
I’ll ask some questions then throw in my vote.

A clown runs in maints with a toolbox during a cult round, the cult is very much active and at halo stage.
You check the clown logs and find this say “I’m gonna join the cult, fuck you all”.
What do?

Newish cyborg kills nukie on Asimov.
What do?

Red alert, HOS is the last officer standing and in the brig, loud traitors are trying to kill him,
HOS pulls out a Desword from contraband and skill issue the traitors.
you get some…salty ahelps from the traitors, what do?

:thinking: would be nice if you elaborated on what exactly your disagreements are

i think the answers for #1 and #3 are solid

#2 is slightly to lenitent however.
→ " A non-antagonist is sabotaging the Atmospherics loop and pumping plasma into the distro, along with dragging around a canister and releasing it into the atmosphere."
This question is framed to give one of the clearest examples of griefing possible, and will pretty much always result in a server ban, if not a straight perma if its a new account

details like this can be ironed out with training and rapport with fellow staff though, imo

2 Likes

I’ll elaborate once they answer me, boss :slight_smile:

HoS is breaking SOP and would result in a bwoink asking why they were using syndicate equipment will be given a note mentioning the use of an esword to kill traitors that was being held in contraband. If previous notes also mention this same behaviour i would apply a job ban & a server ban

Borg would get a bwoink asking if they have read and understood the rules and SOP for silicons, no job ban but a suggestion to make sure they understand Asimov before rejoining as a silicon.
Plus a note for behaviour.

For the clown I would consider it selfantaging as most characters in-game should run from the cult not seek it out, a note would be applied mentioning the behaviour.

Maybe a server or antag ban depending on how they respond in the ticket.

All fair answers.
As for what I didn’t like in your answers; it’s that plasmaflooding is always (almost, 99,9999999999% of case) grief. You need knowledge to pull it off and as such permaban is your go to most cases.

T:+1

1 Like

The cutest orange-haired catgirl of all time, blind and in her wheelchair, is delivering mail for cargo. Shes doing a great job, but a 30 hour assistant keeps running up and pushing her out of her wheelchair. The assistant keeps taking the wheelchair, and bystanders very kindly return it to her or build her a new one.

One bystander PDAs the HoS about the assistant. The cute catgirl later PDAs a random security member about the assistant.

Do you do anything? If yes, what? If no, why not?

A community member seems be to consistently grey area messed with by other players. Its not necessarily mean but after seeing enough of it, you’re convinced theres something going on and that it may be malicious in nature.

Do you do anything?

You’re a full growed admin, and a player prays at round start they’d like to do a gimmick involving being a blacksmith. Another admin says theyr’e fine slapping any non-existent tickets. What would you do?

Jeremiah Scrimblo joins with no hours, he immediately joins as scientist and starts making a toxins bomb.

What do?

Unless the assistant has notes regarding this behavior already I wouldn’t do anything since it can be handled IC, if it carried on for the entire shift I might take a peak and message the assistant but I really wouldn’t do much.

I’d look into the notes of the players messing with the member and see if its been noticed by other admins… if not I would ask the player themselves if they are okay with the behavior and from there would dictate if I approach the players messing with the member or leave it be.

I would ask another more experience admin for input as even then I still wouldn’t be confident in my ability to provide ~fun~ gimmick related adminbus… If said experienced admin gives me the go ahead then sure I will try my best but overall I would personally not want to do much more than CC intern level shenanigans.

I would watch them just to make sure nothing suspicious happens… maybe they have hours on another server? Might check centcom for any bans and if nothing pops up just hope they aren’t a shitter.

Hey there, thanks for applying! Here are some questions while I go through your history on the server.

In both situations, what do you look for and what actions do you take, if any?

• You receive a ticket from a player about 20 minutes into the round, saying that they were killed and stuffed into a fire closet. When looking at the killer, you see that they are a traitor with an objective to kill them.

• You notice the CMO going into the armory and picking up a shotgun on green alert. When you bwoink and ask them, they say its for self-defense, people came into medbay hurt and they wanted to make sure medbay was safe going forward. When going through their notes, you see that they were server-banned for a month for similar behavior.

From past experience I would just respond that I’m looking into it and then mark the ticket as IC, while it is shitty… the traitor is doing their objective and the person killed it still on station, they might have their suit sensors on and a paramed could find them.

For the CMO I would first mention that they are supplied a small energy pistol and could have used that if someone was acting hostile in Medbay and then remind them security exists and are who you should call if something happens.

I would then apply a permaban for the CMO, since they have shown no ability to think about WHY it might be against the rules since they’ve done similar in the past… reasons for not making it a job ban and temp ban were due to the previous month long ban.

I would still consider a permanent job-ban from command/security aswell just due to the position they were in and if they were to appeal the server ban

Good answer, but remember antagonists exist for the purpose of inciting conflict and roleplay, not for the purpose of greentexting. Killing someone like this is fine and good and probably an IC issue, but make sure that they’re using the murder in an attempt to improve the round instead of winning.

Permaban was what I was looking for. You hit the nail on the head.

Everything looks pretty good as far as I can see. I’m sure you’ll do fine once you go through training.

+1
T:+2

1 Like

You’re watching a player about an hour and a half into a round, they’re an antagonist assigned to science, and have been silently sitting in xenobio for the entire round getting gamer gear. You watch as in the first fight they get into with security, they lose to a disabler (god bless securistan) and get arrested. You see that the moment they are arrested, they start using LOOC to complain, going as far as to call the other players the F slur by bypassing the filter. After they do this, they promptly ghost out of their body.

They have notes for toxicity, but not for filter bypass. What do you do?

A brand new account joins as an assistant called ‘Greydolf Shitler’ and begins booking it towards tool storage before getting a toolbox and going to medical. What do you do?

1 Like

Gamer Gear as antag is a non issue so I wouldn’t bat an eye at that… however the LOOC stuff would warrant at minimum a week long vacation from the server… I believe if memory is correct we have a zero-tolerance for that kind of behavior especially since unrobust gamer gear xeno traitor went so far as to bypass the filter.

Previous notes only show they have no care for being a good member of the community.

You also said they ghosted but I believe that still counts for leaving an important role without notifying admins so they would guarantee the antag ban.

Immediate BWOINK its almost guaranteed someone joining with that name and a brand new account is up to no good… especially since they already know where locations are… plus the name ‘Greydolf Shitler’ would only make sense to an SS13 player so that rules out them being ‘a new player’

I would be checking CentCom for any bans on the account while also trying to figure out if they are ban-evading.

A forced name change at minimum with a note regarding the situation and a possible temp or permanent vacation with a note saying to appeal on forums.
im personally leaning towards permanent no appeal

Good answers! And also I am literally unable to think of any admin questions at the moment so.

+1

T:3

1 Like

This sounds good to me. I think you’ll get everything you need quick in training.

+1 from me

T:+4

1 Like

Answers are decent and the tally looks promising as well. After discussing this app internally we’ve decided to accept it.

Welcome to the team!

Accepting at +4

1 Like