New Xeno race idea - Grod

The way i see it, it require two pairs of the same type.
You cant wear one insuls and one krav magas. (and krav magas are actually something i didnt take into account, since they are unique and there is only one pair, so this would require some creative issue solving)

Not sure what you mean with it, I think it would be cool to have more unique races.

additionally

3 Likes

I am not sure about this one. Every other race right now can wear suits etc. and it’s big part of the core game.

That would make them validhunting race. I am not great fan of balancing races by giving them better prots or hp.

Every race has to have brain because mind is stored there.

This is really interesting idea and would give genetics some more work to do.

Also I don’t think the sprite would fit in the game. It looks like some citadel race.

Thats what makes them unique. I would make sure to allow for great hat choice to replace it.

It’s only a proposition as a replacement of being unable to wear suits and hardsuits and therefore making them less vulnerable to pressure and fires. And thats also why i proposed other ways on balancing the race because i am not a balance expert and i dont want it to be overpowered/ lacking power.

their brain equivalent would be the host also stored in head.

In my opinion it’s better to make race underpowered but have cool gimmick (look at IPCs) than making them overpowered.

I kinda understand why wouldn’t they wear jumpsuits but atmos and pressure would be a huge problem. They still should wear hardsuits and such.

2 Likes

also Grodd is the name of a gorilla villain in the batman comics

1 Like

Implies IPCs are underpowered

Esword level damage from welders hurts, but still, quasi complete environmental immunity with a firesuit is insane.

Golems can’t wear jumpsuits/exosuits, so that could be used to adress that.

They are pressure proof.

True, but that makes it easier for implementing ‘no jumpsuit, no hardsuiit’

I don’t want them to have full imunnity, just for them to take a bit less damage than normally.

I guess numbers would matter.
But i am not greatest person when this comes to balance, so it was just the idea, and i cant provide specific values.

Step down from full immunity would be built in fire suit level protection from atmos conditions (pressure/temp). cant just walk into space freely as golems without burning resourses but you dont instantly die when a breach happens

one question: Is this some kind of fetish thing that I dont know about?

1 Like

Wait someone thinks that IPCs are underpowered? They’re the overall most powerful race we have!

This is the real question I should have asked before oozelings - I somehow missed the entire slimegirl thing. I just wanted to make a humanoid race that followed similar weaknesses to slimes because a weakness to something as common as water would be a really interesting thing to play around.

Among the stuff posted, I don’t think extra base HP is a bad idea, but I do like the concept as a unique race.

2 Likes

anyone who’s into oozelings for ‘i want to be slimed’ needs to suck on radioactive sludge

1 Like

That kinda sounds good dam. Haha. Thems sludge

Everything is a fetish

2 Likes

puts 1u uranium into plasma beaker
Nothing personal.

This looks like a fun race

Only issue I can foresee is people holding multiple two handed weapons for a cheese combo (shotgun, swap to other shotgun for a rapid burst attack)