New Round Idea

Basically, if you listen to this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYLm5w5o10Q you know exactly what I wish someone to implement.
Everyone divides into 2 teams, Security and Prisoners.(And Captain)
If you played gulag on Civilization 13(Lebensraum) You would also know how this works.
Prisoner team: Prisoners are, either a captured Syndicate or a capital level criminal
Rounded up at a large prison.
Prisoners have jobs, chefs, miners, normal prisoners and more.
Security team: Securities are dressed with Nanotrasen security berets, instead of a helmet to show that they are actually in a place where Nanotrasen actually cares.
They are armed with batons, sprays and normal security gears.
They are given lethal weapons if possible, but it is a low grade lethal weapons(Such as a normal laser gun)
Prisoners are able to make shanks and such, normal crafting things.
The mappers are free to place anything.
Prisoners are able to kill the security at anytime, but given what they are given with, they must collaborate with either to plan a assassination.
Securities are allowed to bash the living fuck out of the prisoners if they are breaching the laws, or rules inside the prison.
(Basically its a PoW camp.)

2 Likes

This would require a map, a new ruleset, and extensive coding alterations dedicated to the round type - all of which probably aren’t in line with the vision of what BeeStation staff want to achieve, or would be beyond the scope of what one could reasonably expect the coders to accomplish.
I do like the idea of a mass versus mode, though - in the spirit of War Ops. There was an event a while ago that I was very sorry not to have participated in, where a Syndicate station had to defend against the regular station boarding it. That type of round would have to have a very small chance of occurring, though - maybe even only scheduled to occur on certain days, at specified times. It should be far from the norm.

1 Like

Even though it is maybe a impossible scale, it is a suggestion.
But I think a special round could be applied to this, I mean it is a literal prison map.
I appreciate your reply.

No worries mate - oh, and welcome to the forums.
I made a tl;dr suggestion regarding species that’s probably beyond the reasonable scope of what we could expect coders to achieve. No harm in it.
As far as specific go, though. Eh. The reason why I said “it’s not what the staff are looking for” is because this idea goes far, far beyond the scope of what one usually expects from a SS13 round. It’s also why I stated that a similar round-type would have to occur very rarely. It’s not a terrible idea, it’s just one that probably doesn’t fit in with these servers. The roleplay would certainly be very interesting.
As I stated elsewhere - good ideas come from throwing things at the wall, and seeing what sticks. Not a fan of this suggestion as written, though.
Let’s break it down.

Everyone divides into 2 teams, Security and Prisoners.(And Captain)

I don’t see anything mechanically wrong with this. There’s already a distinct divide between Security and the rest of the staff. Security are the only staff whose job it is to impede other staff, when they fuck up and break the law. Still - this inflates that dynamic to an obscene degree, far, far beyond one could expect from a “normal” round.

Prisoner team: Prisoners are, either a captured Syndicate or a capital level criminal
Rounded up at a large prison.

This would be questionable. Characters are assumed to be NT employees. This would require extensive changes to that, and discourage roleplay in traditional rounds. See the first note regarding flaunted expectations.

Prisoners have jobs, chefs, miners, normal prisoners and more.

This would also be questionable. One would remove a lot of the flexibility and freedom of having various departments if this were implemented. Again - see the note regarding flaunted expectations.

Security team: Securities are dressed with Nanotrasen security berets, instead of a helmet to show that they are actually in a place where Nanotrasen actually cares.
They are armed with batons, sprays and normal security gears.
They are given lethal weapons if possible, but it is a low grade lethal weapons(Such as a normal laser gun)

Nothing to add here. Yep, that’s how it would work. The gear is pretty much the same as what they have now.

Prisoners are able to make shanks and such, normal crafting things.

Second verse, same as the first. No code changes to crafting.

Not sure what you mean by this?

Prisoners are able to kill the security at anytime, but given what they are given with, they must collaborate with either to plan a assassination.

That’d be the heart of the gamemode, I assume. It’s also where the aforementioned interesting roleplay would come in. The primary objection of flaunted expectation arises yet again.

Securities are allowed to bash the living fuck out of the prisoners if they are breaching the laws, or rules inside the prison.
(Basically its a PoW camp.)

Finally, yes, this would establish Security as the “antagonists” that need to be overcome by the other players. Flaunted expectations, again.

tl;dr No, probably not - because coding scope, rule change scope, and most importantly - this is not in the spirit of what Bee servers currently are. Great idea for a dedicated server - but not for Bee.

Well, if someone in their free time decides to make this and becomes like a seperated server it would be cool. (Under beestation)

This means that mappers are free to add many things, such as a downgraded chem dispencer for prisoner jobs and such, many other props and machines that could “make the prisoners do something”
In order to actually act as a prison

Prisoners have jobs, chefs, miners, normal prisoners and more

What this means that prisoners, that I have proposed have a armband or something to represent the
“department” they are on, slightly making that departments unofficially exist, which makes the players
think for themselves of the armbands.

Prisoner team: Prisoners are, either a captured Syndicate or a capital level criminal Rounded up at a large prison

This can really beg to change, considering that it wont be brought up as a actual round.
(Which I am aware) It is either a NT employee with a capital crime in a prison or-
a NT employee prisoner who was secretly a syndicate(which can be changed)
maybe Im just bending things on my own, but this is how I think.