Name Guidance: Oozelings!

Back again, been a while! I’m here to talk about oozelings and names, a few "do"s, "don’t"s and reference pages!

First Names

So the biggest issue with names, is the first name. You’ll get bwoinked for “Brick” “Laser-Lemon” or “Braun” (the last one being the german word for brown), but you don’t want to stick with say, “Red” “Blue” “Green” “Yellow”, etc. As fun as it would be having oozelings stand together to look like an xbox controller’s buttons, you chose this race to be one of the showiest snowflakes.

A quick google search will yield many, many colors, ranging from colors based on objects (Brick is a shade of red associated with you guessed it, bricks, and Laser-Lemon is a crayola color), to the classic ones you see on every kindergarden classroom’s decor of a rainbow and a cloud.

There’s no one GOOD site for these names but thus far my favorite is this one alphabetizing it. Alphabetical Color List A - Z :: Color-ize, Inc. { Graphic and Web Design : Storm Lake, Iowa

Obviously some names will flop, I would avoid “Asparagus” “Fire Brick”, et cetera. Aparagus because the first thing you think of is a vegetable, not a color, and Fire Brick because two-word colors aren’t allowed like “Dark Blue”, nor are hyphenated colors (The aforementioned Laser-Lemon). Personal favorite name ideas for me include:

“Amaranth” (color named after the flower like orange being named after the fruit) image

“Cerise” (Said to be from the french word for Cherry) image

“Xanthic” (Looks like a very electrifying shade of yellow!) image

“Periwinkle” (Another one based on a flower, I should add these in-game) image

Saffron (This is a somewhat less electrifying yellow, good for those who saw xanthic as too bright) image

Surnames

So, due to a now not-quite recent discusson, oozeling surnames got a nice update! Names ending in -son or -dottir (dotter I guess if you don’t like the more norse-spelt name) are accepted! (Just not made official yet, also the wiki needs an update)

What do those mean? -son is for the son of someone, obviously. Jameson is a whiskey as a surname would be just that, the son of James. Gerald Jameson, or Gerald, son of James.

-dottir on the other hand is for a daughter, for example, Astrid Andersdottir, is Astrid, daughter of Andrew. -dottir in real life is primarily out of use unless you live in Iceland, I believe, but would fit considering these oozelings are considered “sons” and “daughters” to the scientists creating them. I gave just a few examples here, but with enough searching and a little creativity, you can have your own unique surname!

Finally a thread where I can know exactly how shit of a name “Azure Addison” is.

1 Like

That one would work I believe! I’ve been told from the big man himself the first thing you need to think of when you hear the word is a color, and I think of a color when I hear “Azure” ^u^ And Addison does end in -son so it’d probably be a just fine name!

Black Johnson
:speak_no_evil:

11 Likes

I meant shit as in Azure is a very generic name.

2 Likes

It’s an order of magnitude better than “blue”

1 Like

Debatable

1 Like

Cerise is my favourite out of these it’s kinda pretty OuO

Also @Ruko how’d I do on the guide, anything I need to change?

Someone could poke @llol111 and/or @Autistic to actually make the change official before I can really say anything on it. The wiki page isn’t updated with any new naming policy yet.

You did seem to gloss over the fact that only single-word colors would be acceptable under the new policy, at least as it was worded when I last got to see it. This would exclude first names such as “Dark Blue”, and hyphenated color names.

I’m no longer in the discord server, so if an announcement went out I haven’t seen it.

I figured it was implied after “I wouldn’t go with a name like aparagus” to use your head a little but I’ll edit it to clarify, thanks!

wait huh, we didnt put it into the actual wiki? Shidd
Also imagine leaving the server fully instead of just hanging with the retireeys

me when Black Johnson :speak_no_evil: (20 seconds in)