Murdered by warden for following laws

Even if the person was dead, warden killed the borg for no reason, he could just explain this to him.

2 Likes

The person was dead, Asimov but for crew instead of human.

One of the jobs of playing borg is that you have to follow your laws, I was simply following mine.

2 Likes

Looking at it now, yea, he shouldnt have kust destroyed you. Thats an issue, I dont play silicon much so sorry for my bad input. Wish you all the best. :smile:

1 Like

You too, glad I could clear it up.

1 Like

Dead people/crew cannot be harmed

I agree that he should have let him do it since it was a body, and he was in the wrong for not letting him. But the warden should have clarified and tried to explain it. Bludgeoning him to to death a baton is completely uncalled for.

yeah I hate it when I’m burning and slowly turning into husk and mediborgs go “haha he’s not being harmed we gucci”

2 Likes

unless the body is completely destroyed or being destroyed

That’s just because borgs are assholes

There are no forum rules, Wiki Silicon Policy rules, or explicit Rule-Page rules which states that dead bodies are protected under Law 2. That said, there’s nothing that explicitly states that they aren’t.

Silicons are expected to follow Law 2, unless it conflicts with Law 1. I’d personally argue that the above situation does not, since “harm” is generally defined throughout the above three documents as relating to immediate, or self-evidently imminent harm. In the case of a corpse - the harm has already been done. Past-tense.

Silicons are robots - they act purely on an input/output basis, depending on their laws. Instead of asking what was up, it would likely have been better to just give a buzz, and state something like “Processing Potential Law 2 Conflict”. It’s up to organics to input a query or provide supporting logic, it’s not the place of a silicon to directly question orders. That’s just my opinion, though.

The person who killed you - if not an antagonist - was definitely in the wrong. If there is an issue with a silicon which doesn’t present an immediate, clear, and present danger to oneself (if one is not Security) or the crew (if one is Security) - the favored method should be a lockdown and examination of the silicon’s laws.

Additionally, given the ambiguity of the situation above, a ruling regarding Crewsimov Law 2 relating to corpses would be appreciated. It seems like a common enough happenstance to warrant a ruling.

Destroying a revivalable person seems harmful to me, so I figured it wasn’t right to let him create that dude.

1 Like

Waiting on that ruling, really. I don’t think you should be punished for a rule that doesn’t exist yet - I was just raising the issue. Dude was definitely in the wrong for ganking you.

“Since they are dead they cannot be harmed unless the body is destroyed” seems like it fits pretty well for this scenario

2 Likes

Yes, but that applies to zombies - not corpses. The key word is explicit rule. I’d still love a ruling on this.

1 Like

I’ve always taken it to mean “you can’t harm the dead unless you absolutely destroy the body or otherwise prevent cloning and/or revival”

1 Like

That’s a reasonable interpretation - which the OP of the thread falls in line with. I still stand by my desire for a general clarification. That’s the only thing worth discussing further ITT, in my opinion - since I stand by:

The person who killed you - if not an antagonist - was definitely in the wrong. If there is an issue with a silicon which doesn’t present an immediate, clear, and present danger to oneself (if one is not Security) or the crew (if one is Security) - the favored method should be a lockdown and examination of the silicon’s laws.

1 Like

Closing due to excess age.

This topic was automatically closed after 4 days. New replies are no longer allowed.