Server (Sage or Acacia): Sage

Date (MM-DD-YYYY): 05-09-2022

Round Number: 37980

Rules Broken:
R1 - You must RP.
R7 - Be excellent to each other.
R9 - Don’t self-antag.
R8 - Don’t grief.

Incident Description: As a non-antag, a geneticist with LRP behavior trespassed six times back to back, acquired hulk and smashed open the kitchen and destroyed our shutters when I tried to de-escalate. I believe their intention was just to grief and be a bother. Their justification was it was all to deepfry themself. :roll_eyes:

I late-joined as chef. The existing chef already had counters worth of food available. I asked what the plan was, he suggested since he was doing burger I find an extra thing for the kitchen.

So I went and got some rarer ingredients, watched the court session a few times, and headed back. Other chef was actually delivering food with the cart which was cool.

When back in the kitchen I was alone at the time. I was in crafting menu trying to make the rare food. A geneticist named Rouge Rascal hopped the table. I grabbed and threw him out without any damage. He did it again, I threw him out again.

I closed the shutters and he just went around to the bar, hopped the bartender table to enter the kitchen.

The next two times I used CQC brute damage and stuns to throw him out. I called security, and one time called for a medic to take him as he was severely injured with brute. Security did not deal with the issue for some reason. The AI was following Asimov and didn’t have to listen to me that shift.

Rouge then took all of the counter food and said he won’t return it until I do what he says. He finally said he had “important business” and that it was to deep-fry himself.

It was obviously someone RP-ing a crazy person so on trespass #5 I went pure harm CQC and threw him out again. At this point I have had a solid 15 minutes of my time dealing with this guy and unable to make new food.

The sixth time he returned right after, Rouge was a hulk and smashed the kitchen walls and shutters preventing all possible de-escalation. You cannot replace shutters. I tried rebuilding the walls, he smashed them again. My co-worker came back then and we had no idea WTF was going on. I was convinced this was a revolution or something.

This is when Uland the roboticist, another non-antag showed up. Uland started hopping the counter demanding food. Again, didn’t communicate until after I had to shove him out.

Uland screeches over comms that the chefs are shit and don’t make food. Generally just being toxic. He then used his toolkit to welder our walls open and deconstruct so he could help himself.

At this point I’m done. This is just LRP grief. I told them to go ahead and do whatever because I no longer wanted to keep playing. The dumbass geneticist strips down and realizes he can’t deepfry himself and asks me for help.

I went and cryo-ed. This was so distracting I didn’t even notice the shuttle had arrived and left. Geneticist and roboticist didn’t even bother evacuating and I didn’t get to make a single item of food.

Additional Information: No admins to respond to ahelp at the time.

This is a frequent experience for me as chef. Please consider harsher punishments for this sort of behavior regardless of ban escalation policies. I’m tired of being ban-baited by shitters.

And to paraphrase Ruko, you do not have to kill someone to self-antag. Nor do you have to swing on someone to grief.

7 Likes

Latejoin CMO from that round here: From what I recall from the glimpses I saw, I noticed Rouge hopped the table at least twice, got beaten up both times, and when I dragged them to medical for a quick brute treatment I noted that they looked like they had an organic space suit on (but it could have been something else as far as I know, as I didn’t check round report for if they were ling)
I also recall them mentioning they wanted to be beat up, though I played a few shifts after this so I can’t check chat for that.

I went and checked our genetics, and both consoles were empty with no disks in aside from a single chav mutation, which leads me to believe that if they were non-antag they only did their job enough to get Hulk and then fuck around.

From the recent CMO shifts i’ve been in, which isn’t that many as I only just started, Rouge can be a little bit LRP at times. There was one case that I feel was a bit of LRP but at the same time they had good cause and it was honestly good roleplay in hindsight so I never reported it.

Just my two cents. Hope it helps

Lemme start by saying yeah it was me.

While there is some hyperbole, the basis of the report is correct, I will admit I went over the line when I pulled out the hulk, and I did return the food shortly after. While it was in the last few minutes of the round, I had done extremely LRP behaviour, and I have been toe’d the LRP line for the past week but I did go over the line this time.

As for doing my job, I almost allways 100% genetics minus chromosomes or fire breath, But I keep disks on me or hidden nearby just due to paranoia I usually give them at request apart from maybe asking for shoes as a late fee. The chav thing was just a last moment addition at the request of the HoS who wanted it.

As for Uland. I cant speak on his behalf, but if I recall correctly, He was involved in a lengthly court session, Paired with several virus’s and I think Appendicitis.

As a general note, I do try to stay within the rules on this server more so than others but since I returned, Golden got removed so its been a bumpy adjusting period.

Edits: Removed things that I consider irrelevant to the report / appeared disrespectful to admins potential decision

5 Likes

Cheers for posting and being honest. Always love to see it.

I should have worded my part about your genetics a little better. I think you’re a very good geneticist and I once recall you having SA up in about 20 ish minutes. Always good to find a fellow geneticist that enjoys it as much as I

3 Likes

At first I commended your honesty. However this comes off as disingenuous after re-reading it.

Kudos that you owned up to it. :handshake:
But you’ve downplayed it in the same sentence.

Requesting your own ban time pre-emptively after grief, when it would likely be longer, and hoping an admin is too busy to pursue further (the job’s done, aint it?) sets a dangerous precedent for rulings.

2 Likes

I cant figure out how accurately quote people so forgive me for that.

The intent was never to downplay the report. It was just an attempt to say that. While the general course of events listed are entirely accurate things like it lasting a full 15 minutes is an exaggeration, The intent behind it was essentially to say that, That the rules listed were in fact broken, the conflict isn’t as extreme as it was made out to be

As for the last paragraph, I, I never really considered that. It was a guilty conscious combined with the fear that if I didnt take a break it would potentionally lead into a worse offense, I never considered that it could inspire or be percieved as a malicious pre play until you pointed it out.

I make a point of remaining entirely honest with admins, bwoinks, and forums as I consider it an extremely important thing to maintain, so when im told that something i’ve done is perceived as dishonest, I try to explain it, and so in this case i’d like to apologise for how you interpreted that action, I wont pretend to know ban lengths or how you measure punishments. Its just, a week is a normal amount of time to take a break from something for me and was not intended to try and admin my own ban time.

If I could undo that request I would, but I dont want to muddy the waters anymore. I’ve removed mention of the request in the original response but will keep it here for clarification and as a response to what you pointed out. It should appear in the pre edit thingies, So if anyone is reading this, check that if your curious. Edits 4-5, and 5-6

To avoid walls of text and to avoid looking like a masochist for punishment. I’ll shut up now, if you need me to further clarify anything about my part in the player report or my own stupidity, Please ask.

4 Likes

This was pretty open and shut.
You really should work on the LRP behavior if you want to play here. I’m sorry that Golden is gone, but that’s no excuse to ruin the game for other people.

The second offender in this report is already permanently banned.

Report Processed.

1 Like