MrEloda Mentor Application 3

They were wearing combat gloves plus, which grant krav maga, a martial art which notably replaces shoves with “jabs” which give the following message when hit:
I will admit this was a particularly tough question, but I went for it because this question largely relates to the warden and nuclear operatives, both roles you are inexperienced with.

As for my vote…

• This is your third mentor app with your playtime.
  • You have already been demoted once for inactivity.
  • Your answers were overall decent at best.
  • Your recent forum conduct is questionable.

T: -0.5

Argh too bad i thought about removing clothes!

Looks like this isn’t going too well. I don’t know what was so bad about my forum conduct but this probably isn’t the place to discuss this.
Is it that bad that this is my third app and that i was demoted once for inactivity ?
Wiki says this about innactivity demotion and it doesn t look to have any effect on reapplying in the future.

You can re-apply, but that doesn’t necessarily mean we’ll give you our votes.

1 Like

questions from wueue:

1. how do i reset a cyborgs module and how do i know what wire it is?

2. how do you make an arnold palmer (drink)

1 Like

To reset a cyborg’s module you just need to cut the good wire. For that open the cyborgue by first unlocking the cover with an ID with access such as the RD or roboticist. Then open it with a crowbar and remove the battery with an empty hand. Now you just need to cut and mend the module reset wire. If you are RD you should know the wires but if you aren’t it’s ok you can easily test them by pulsing them with a multitool, when the message about the borg twitching you just pulsed the right wire. Now just need to cut it and mend it real quick. Also if the borg complains about not being able to move it’s because you may have pulsed the Lockdown wire. Try to pulse this wire once more to unlock it.

Always have the wiki for food and drinks open when playing bartender or chef. People will ask you a variety of drinks and remembering them all is tedious.
Here the you need tea and lemonade, tea might be a little hard to procure, either bother the botanist for DRIED up tea leaves, grind it with your mixer (assuming you are bartender and have access to one) and you obtain tea poder. 1u of tea powder and 5u of water gives you 5u of tea.
To better manage the tea powder reagent you can use your chemaster located in the room behind bar.

1. How I cryo as an AI

2. how the FUCK do I move

3. can I murderbone if I have the DAGD objective

Cryoing as AI is pretty hard, what you should do it wipe core, you should be able to do that by typping wipe in the command thingy on the lower right corner of your screen or by searching for it in the tabs above where OOC, Admin and Mentor widgets are. Of course do not forget to Ahelp before doing so as per silicon rules. And it is good conduct to also clearly tell command and your borgs if you wipe core. Use the :c channel for command and :b channel for your borgs.

You have many ways to move but here you’re probably just seated on the arrival shuttle’s chair. When you are sitted on a chair (by click dragging your sprite on the sprite of the chair with your mouse) you cannot move until you unbuckle yourself. Look to the right corner of the screen, you should have a little face icon, body icon, and if you look a bit up you should see a black icon with red text saying BUCKLED or something. Click on it to unbuckle yourself. Also all the icons to the right can be clicked, the face gives you your current mood, how happy you are (or not). And the body tells you how hurt you are on your body and what kind of damage it is, such as burn or brute.

Questions about rule shouldn’t be asked in Mhelp but Ahelp. But i am not sure what you mean by DAGD, could you give me the full name and not acronym ? Only thing allowing you to murderbone as a traitor is a martyrdom objective (die a glorious death) or shuttle hijack.

1. I wouldn’t say it’s pretty hard, but good answer regardless!

2. Potentially also mention typing “resist” to get out, but good.

3. DAGD is the acronym for Die A Glorious Death. You should also maybe just smack the “Ahelp” button in the mentor menu to shove the mhelp to the admins.

Answers are a bit wordy, which might scare newer players, but overall good. I’ll give you a +1 for benefit of doubt.

T: 0.5

1 Like

By order I gave you a hard medical, trick rules, easy antag and medium mining questions, lets see how you did:

This is a multiparter, since it is true, romerol DOES work with just 0.1 units under normal conditions. However, we did have a bug for a while that prevents chemicals with such low amounts to be processed, leading to some viro mains getting stinky results.
There’s also the fact that dealing with 0.1 units doesn’t work if you use it to inject it into food that takes several bites to eat, since it will only be in one of the bites (usually the first).
A good tool I was hoping you’d use for this one was running your own private server. It may seem a bit daunting, but I followed this guide: Downloading the source code - BeeStation Wiki and got it working decently easy. Learning how to use the debug equipment and debug spawn verb on a private server can usually save you an hour’s worth of wiki/code diving.

It’s good that you know that rules questions should be answered in ahelps not mhelps! However, that doesn’t change if admins aren’t online. They can be deadmined but still answer, or show up later, but most importantly, you don’t want to accidentally give wrong info, since we’re staff but can’t make rulings.

I had hoped you’d get at least this one right, it’s something that often gets asked. All heretics can make blades, no matter the path they take. Transmute a knife with a match for an ashen blade, transmute a knife and a pool of blood into a flesh blade, transmute a knife and a trash item into a rusty blade. You don’t even need to memorize all of these, the heretic wiki is pretty decent ( Heretics - BeeStation Wiki ) and you could’ve just told me to look inside the codex cicatric (the book), since it states how to make these under each path selection node.

Ah yes, the pride’s mirror, you are indeed correct on how that is the correct way to do it, however, I think it’s important to note that using it will space you into unknown space. It’s easy to get around this by having a spaceproof suit and using a fulton pack to get back, but you do need to be prepared, and sending a new miner off to get round removed like that is kinda stinky x)

I was already a bit apprehensive with some of the other things mentioned, and after reading your answers, to mine and others, I wasn’t super convinced. I believe you can apply later with much better odds with a bit more hours, maybe spreading them out on jobs/roles you’re not so familiar with right now. But for now, I’ll give you a -0.5.

T: 0

1 Like

the reset wire is marked with a star in the legend.( i think anyone can see it) and i think tea can also just be gotten from one of the two bartender machines

1 Like

Ah yes i’ve already run my own server when trying (and failing(many times)) to get toxin right.

Total vote score of 0 for some time now.
Feel free to apply in the future after you’ve gained more experience.

Application denied.