MrEloda Admin Application

Your CKEY (Including any alts you have): MrEloda

Your Discord Name (Including any alts you have): MrEloda#0166

How often are you online to play/admin? (Timezone): I live in France, so GMT
+2, i play anywhere from 6 in the afternoon to 4 in the morning. I’m a vampire.

What changes, if any, would you bring?: Well admins aren’t here to bring changes to the game. But maybe make the MRP server population more alert on what MRP really is since there was a big migration of LRP players to MRP.

How old are you?: 19

Why do you want to be an admin?: I always loved helping people. Someone recommended that i become an admin. I’ve though about it before but thought i didn’t have the technical knowledges to do it. After they reassured me i came here and began writing this.
Becoming an admin will not only make me able to help more but also help people enjoy the game even more. Case by case, a little divine intervention can really be fun.

How long have you been playing SS13?: I don’t remember exactly. Around 9 months to a year.

How long have you been playing BeeStation?: Well it’s trully the only server i ever played on. I’ve tried others but really prefer bee. So i have 336 hours on bee now.

On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you in SS13?: Taking knwoledge and robusting into account i would say a 6.5/10

On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you as an admin?: I’ve never been an admin before, but people that i helped always thanked me. So a 7/10 i would say ?

Have you ever been an admin on another server? This is not limited to SS13: No not really. But i think it’s interesting to say that i was a dungeon master and played with my friends for over 4 months. I think it’s a bit the same just that we don’t control the game as much as admins.

Do you have any alternate accounts on SS13? If so, could you provide their CKEY?: None

Your strengths: I don’t think it’s really a strenght but with my personality i’m naturally enclined to help. I want people to enjoy the game.
I also think a lot. I want to be just in my reflexion.

Your weaknesses: Sometimes i think everyone is like me. It has caused some problems in the past. I’ve corrected it since but it’s still ingrained in me.

Is there anything that gets you really mad, real fast?: I’ve dwelled in many shitholes and autistic gatherings. At the end it started to become fun.
I don’t get angry anymore and just laugh at how ridicule everything is.

What do you think is the most important trait for a staff member to have?: Make people enjoy the game as much as possible while staying fair, keeping the rules in mind.

What makes a staff team good?: A team implies working together. But also on an individual level, just carefully thinking about what we are doing always lead to better results.

What is a staff team’s purpose?: Well, i bit like the previous question. Make the game fun and fair.

What kind of player are you?: I like exploring the mechanics of the game. Or simply chill at the bar and roleplay a bit. Recently i’ve been playing a lot of medic since the nerf to cloning, competent medics have become really valuable. I like being able to help people and bring back a husked with 2 sticks, a bit of duck tape and some time x)

How do you think you will change once you become a staff member?: I will obviously learn more about the game and the people playing it. And be able to help people more efficiently. I don’t think i will change much personality wise, i’m a pretty down to earth guy.

The clown slips the HoS and steals his gun, spacing it right after. What do you do?: While pretty extreme i think that it’s still in the spirit of the clown. So i will resolve it IC.
I think playing as a member of centcom and notifying the warden and captain of the offense and making a manhunt would really be funny.
Once the clown is subdued or enough time has passed i would boink the clown and explain clearly why this happened. Tell him clearly that he just annoyed another player and that he shouldn’t do it again, because next time it might not be me that handle the matter, and that it might really annoy the HoS.
Depending on how he react, no ban to a small one, like a day.

A non-antagonist is sabotaging the Atmospherics loop and pumping plasma into the distro, along with dragging around a canister and releasing it into the atmosphere. Assuming that another admin is cleaning up the after-effects, how do you conduct the ahelp with him?:
He is a clear waste of time. Doing what he does brings only annoyance to everyone on a large scale. Admins and players.
Just bwoink him to let him explain himself and depending on the answer a 5 to 7 day long ban.
Or if he did that kind of things a lot i think its better for everyone to just get rid of him.

A chemist who is working alone accidentally mixes an explosive mixture inside of his chem dispenser, instantly killing himself and destroying the machine, along with exposing Chemistry to space. Nobody else was injured aside from him as a result of his actions. What do you do?: Laugh
I did that too when i started chemistry. It’s entirely IC.
Bwoink to tell him that he can continue practicing chemistry by respaning as a lavaland medic or syndi base operative. Then give him a link to the chemistry wiki page and stay stay open for his questions. Maybe informing him of the mentor feature would help since it’s really a newbie mistake.

Your leaving the chad mentors and joining the janies :flushed:

Yes but apparently bee needs more admins. My reason for becoming a mentor was just to be able to help more easily :slight_smile:

Good answers but this one should just be a perma ban, since you can’t really accidently plasmaflood distro without knowledge, unless they have a really really good answer.
+1

Being honest you would check to see if anyone has the objective to steal the HoS gun, if they do you should realistically spawn it back in the HoS locker.

Wouldn’t do it for 7 days, would bwoink and perma ban the fella as his intentions are clear to grief.

Overall I’d like to give you a shot +1

Recommended the application in the first place because of something I found while working through the backlog.

[2020-05-17 09:44:05.325] SAY: MrEloda/(Tamez Eloda) (DEAD) “i m just running the game background in case someone needs a mentor” (Brig Control (102, 172, 2))

Ran the background and you had over 300 hours with only two notes. Between the record and genuine good intentions I’d be willing to see you trialed and think we can work out any issues you may have.

May add/remove based on further questions when/if they get posted, but for now take my +1

+1
T: +3

Good app and answers
I think they may be valuable to the team
+1
T:+4

Based. I’m here to make the game as fun as possible for people.

Also based.

+1

T: +5

How about some questions:

1: The round is one hour in on MRP. Revolutionaries have killed most of the heads of staff except the CE, who is camping in space with his hardsuit. Large numbers of people are dead and the CE isn’t going to be found soon. What, if anything, do you do?

2: A new player is chilling in botany when an assistant runs in and starts to fire a foam dart gun at everyone. The new player then kills the assistant with a hatchet. What do you do?

3: Two chemists spend all round refusing to make medical supplies and instead make drugs and explosives. The CMO has had enough and charges in, baton drawn, and starts to stun one of the pair. The second chemist draws a syringe gun and shoots the CMO with choral hydrate before taking his ID and flushing him down disposals. The CMO returns and kills the chemist. Any rules broken on either side? What if it’s on LRP? What if it’s on MRP?

1: So it’s MRP. I think whispering to him with god voice that he should be more courageous and blaber some patriotic stuff or something.
Then give him a custom objective with brainwashing like:
After thinking alone in space you find this comportment unacceptable. Both your cowardice and the insolence of the revolutionaries began fuelling a desire to end this nonsence.
-Return on the station and put an end to the revolution, through battle or democracy.

I specifically say that he needs to return to the station. If he stays in space eating him with a buffed space carp would be fun. A bwoink saying that he can’t delay the round like that and that it’s not fun for anyone involved. And a little note.

2: This hits at home.
I’ve killed someone firing a cap gun, thinking that it was the real thing.
I was bwoinked and apologized.
So here too, just a bwoink, explain the situation. It’s probably a newbie mistake so look at their past notes and play time to see if he’s just playing dumb and wanted to kill that guy. Either way i will make a note specifying if he knew or not that it wasn’t a lethal weapon. A 1 day ban if it wasn’t justified properly. But if he is REALLY new then i will just lecture him a bit and give him a link to the rules. A little note and it’s done.

3: Chemist refusing to work is IC so the CMO should have done something about it. But make a note to see if it’s constantly like that bwoink them and warn them that they may get job banned if it continues on MRP but LRP it’s not a problem as long as they don’t kill people with it.
Stun battoning is pretty rough on MRP but only IC offence of assault, on LRP it’s an appropriate punishment.
On LRP using chloral hydrate against your superior and stealing his ID is meh but acceptable, not on MRP where the IC security should really get involed, a note and if this kind of beahvior is pilling up a 2 days ban.

The real offence is the CMO killing the chemist, theft and assault are IC problems but killing them is not ok. On MRP a bwoink and i inform them of this. Hear what they have to tell. Depending on how they react and their past note a temporary or permanent job ban, not a game ban since it’s just a problem of temper and not an actual attempt to grief except if past notes say otherwise.
If it’s LRP i think it’s pretty tyrannical and in the spirit so it’s fine there. He was in a position of power, they weren’t. Just a little note to keep track of behaviors like that.

1 Like

note: on mrp the cmo had all the rigth to kill them they made themselves valid by stealing his id and using semi-lethal drugs. (blue sleepy juice kills after X cycles)

edit:lrp not mrp on mrp is overscalation.

2 Likes

I like the answers. Though I disagree that stunning is rough, since demotion of maliciously insubordinating personnel is the primary reason heads do get their telebatons.
You have my +1

1 Like

Prepare to that that really put to the test.
+1

T:7

I forgot to give my +1 after the answers.

The answers are pretty okay, some subtle things that can be adjusted but not expected for players to pick up on.

Like Ruko said though

These two things are the qualities I like most. That said, there still has to be a good level of confidence and tough love with rule breaking, but nothing in the app suggests the opposite.

+2
T: +10

Accepting, setting you up with discord access now. Ping “admin trainer” on the discord to get a crash course and perms.