Ban Type:
Permanent
Ban Length:
Foreva™

Ban Date (MM/DD/YYYY):
11/29/2020
Round ID:

Ban Reason:
“Self antag - shoving, throwing ninja stars and even shotgunning players for little reason. Already warned about powergaming earlier today. Player has been on some thin ice after being unpermad and has proven they have not really changed at all.”

Appeal Reason:
First off, I’d like to say that they didn’t get their facts straight & most of the ban reason is just pure misinformation to the point where it’d kinda just look like slander. Never once did I really get any admin PM’s for powergaming besides the one part where I was told keeping a makeshift shotgun on you for self-defense counts as ‘powergaming’- I dropped it somewhere off in maints after being told that and never continued using a shotgun again after. From that round I really don’t remember much, but some guy kept trying to murder me over harmlessly shoving them on the HOP’s table and would continuously come back trying to kill me. The ‘throwing ninja stars’ part was the two times I threw ninja stars at sec to slow them down and keep em’ off my trail, again, no real intent to murder. More like slow down/disable.

Additional Information:
:pleading_face:

First off: Ninja stars embed and are extremely lethal. Using something extremely lethal for the sake of slowing someone down is not going to be looked at as trying to slow someone down.

Second: Attacking sec as non-antag is a no-go, especially with lethal means. You were alread re-perma’d once for doing this, and it was mysteriously lifted without explanation

Finally, on to some logs

Shoving

This is start of round. These logs are filtered to include things you’ve said - notice how there’s nothing? You’re just running up to people and shoving them for the sake of it like you’re trying to pick a fight.

Detained, searched and released

Here you finally speak, to insult the captain who moves to arrest you for starting fights across the station. And what do you do when the captain releases you? Right back to picking fights.

Powergaming and first self-antag

And here’s where you teach someone how to saw off their shotgun with a circular saw. You also ask for a gun here for no particular reason and then shoot someone to crit in medbay for no reason,

And then start attacking someone else that’s there while kicking the first guy who’s in crit.

Medbay and into maints

By this point you’ve loaded the shotgun with buckshot you shouldn’t even have

Shooting a borg with buckshot

Security confiscates your shotgun that you, again, shouldn’t even have.

Attacking security

Security tries to make someone who has been going on an absolute rampage into a pacifist. You respond by aggressively attacking the brig phys.

A bit later on you are begging to be set free and… what do you do the moment someone takes the cuffs off? You immediately attack the very person who took the cuffs off.

This carries on until your death.

I very firmly disagree and the logs back me up on this.

You were unbanned on thin ice, and since then you’ve already been rebanned once almost immediately for attacking sec (and as I said above, you were mysteriously unbanned by someone who wasn’t following the appeal process), you have been trying to incite fights so you can kill other players even though you’ve already been warned against that and you completely ignored warning not to powergame.

I do not believe this ban should be lifted, and I don’t believe we should accept vouches from Matt in the future.

First off: Ninja stars embed and are extremely lethal. Using something extremely lethal for the sake of slowing someone down is not going to be looked at as trying to slow someone down.

Ninja stars are nowhere near as deadly as you’re trying to put them off to be, a single ninja star isn’t gonig to put someone in crit, let alone kill them.

Second: Attacking sec as non-antag is a no-go, especially with lethal means. You were alread re-perma’d once for doing this, and it was mysteriously lifted without explanation

There’s a big difference between using a single ninja star in a 4 minute Benny Hill chase and intentionally attacking Security, the only thing I ever did that could be counted as ‘attacking’ security was using a ninja star to slow down the 3-4 security guards (warden, etc…) who were on my bum. I ran out of my only two precious things (bananas and soap) that were keeping sec off me. All I did was slip, no lethals, nada.

You were unbanned on thin ice, and since then you’ve already been rebanned once almost immediately for attacking sec (and as I said above, you were mysteriously unbanned by someone who wasn’t following the appeal process), you have been trying to incite fights so you can kill other players even though you’ve already been warned against that and you completely ignored warning not to powergame.

Did you read the appeal? It was a bloodied-up detective dragging a screaming bartender into maint, context is important. I go even further into it and expain the small small details, but the appeal does that for you.

Context, context. All the evidence you listed doesn’t have anywhere near the proper context or explanation for what was happening in that scenario. Why was my previous appeal accepted? Context. Why am I appealing this? Context. (I was being lobotomized by the Brig Physician and attempting to resist that makes sense, right?)

The only times I hurt security was when I was literally fighting against being lobotomized/killed, yet you show that off as one of your main arguments of me attacking security, beacuse that’s the only real time I ever attacked security.

I do not believe this ban should be lifted, and I don’t believe we should accept vouches from Matt in the future.

I was vouched for by the admins over at AuStation, not Matt… :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

He was making you a pacifist, not killing you, harming or doing anything like that. But you still shot a borg down to 5hp and some random person in medbay into crit. and several others with a shotgun you should not have had. I think you should take a break

Looking at your ban page how does one get 7 perma bans. Just from your bans alone it’s very clear your a power gamer and griefer. and you have dced in the middle of tickets several times, AND you have been banned from the discord before.

Making me a pacifist? I was already made a pacifist, they kidnapped me and wanted to do god knows what with me. Also the ‘random’ person in medbay was a ling I think? Each time I fought back I had honest intentions, nothing more nothing less.

A majority of those are from two years back, plus each minor infraction = perma ban no matter how small that certain thing was. I was banned from the discord two years ago back in early-mid 2018 and haven’t done anything bad on there since.

This still does not explain why you had a shotgun, why you had lethal rounds. Killing someone who MAY have been a ling and other shitter things like almost killing a borg or shotguning someone in the hallway

Again, I had good intentions. The only time I can say where I really messed up was shotgunning the borg, since borg speed isn’t affected whatsoever by their health as all I wanted to do was get them off my tail. Should I have used slugs instead of buckshot for this? Definitely yes, using buckshot was a terrible idea and I should’ve had slugs on me, but at that moment I didn’t and it was the only thing I thought I could use to get out of that situation. The shotgun & buckshot were for a worst-case scenario and I didn’t make slugs, because why use slugs on a traitor/wiz? I mean, I shouldn’t have even made the shotgun in the first place and I threw it away ASAP after an admin PMed me that I shouldn’t have it.

I agree with no more recommendations from Matt and to keep this ban in place indefinitely.

Ninja stars do a lot of damage upfront and have a very rapid bleed tied to them thanks to a 100% embed chance. Someone hit with a ninja star enters crit within roughly 30-40 seconds. You hit someone with two.

See above. Ninja stars are extremely lethal. If you run out of slips against sec, then you’re SoL. Resorting to lethal force is out of the question as a non-antag unless you have reason to believe sec is compromised.

what appeal? There is no appeal for it anywhere unless you posted it with a second account and it was also deleted. I checked your only deleted posts and they are not an appeal for that ban, just a couple of shitposts from the first perma appeal.

That’s not what your ban appeal for the two year ban has in it.

You clearly weren’t or you wouldn’t have been able to continue fighting back.

You have a fundamental lack of understanding for “Don’t power game with a shotgun” if your take from this is that you should have used slugs instead of buckshot. You are an assistant, not security, not a valid-hunter.

You’re also playing on an RP server, not Hippie. You do not have the right to lethal force just because someone is bothering you, even if it’s the only thing you have. You do not have a right to self defense against security as a non-antagonist - you shouldn’t even be doing things to the degree you were to be causing all of security to chase you down.

Context is important as you say, and the context is you completely ignored the warning about shotguns and opted to go for hardcore valid-hunting, and then tried to call lethal force self-defense. If this is suitable self-defense for you, you aren’t going to be a fit here.

You may have improved, but you are not up to the standards we expect from players, and your appeal shows that pretty well.