Moderator Application for fishytheflopping

Your CKEY (Including any alts you have): Fishytheflopping

Your Discord Name (Including any alts you have): Shoob#2320

How often are you online to help? (Timezone): GMT-1 (Northern Ireland time zone)

What changes, if any, would you bring?: Due to me being a moderator and a new one at that- I believe I would be able to enforce laws and be there when other moderators cannot.

How old are you?: 18

Why do you want to be a moderator?: I want to be a moderator so that I can enforce community rules and ensure a unique experience amongst players by implementing gimmicks and acting as admin only ghost roles such as central command, so that players aren’t just throwing their time into making a prayer or calling central regarding a problem with command- I wish to make this a memorable experience.

How long have you been playing SS13?: Roughly 5-6 months.

How long have you been playing BeeStation?: A month or two with 220.2 hours recorded as of making this application

On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you in SS13?: 6, I tend to lack in more combative experiences but am good at maintaining knowledge such as space law and wiki information.

On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you as an administrator? (this can include past games): 5 due to my ability to maintain knowledge I believe I’d be skilled in the field. I did moderate for a few non ss13 servers about a year ago.

Have you ever been an admin or moderator on another server? This is not limited to SS13: I moderated a few years ago on some roblox RP servers and a roblox game but other than that I lack in this feild.

Do you have any alternate accounts on SS13? If so, could you provide their CKEY?: N/A

Your strengths: I maintain knowledge easily & I am patient.

Your weaknesses: I can get stressed when multiple things are thrown at me (Metaphorically), I have exams due to me still being in school.

Is there anything that gets you really mad, real fast?: People who try and walk all over me- I was raised to not let people walk over you there for people who try that tend to set me off.

What do you think is the most important trait for a staff member to have?: Above all else a knowledge of the rules and its insides and outsides.

What makes a staff team good?: Cooperation, a staff team that can work in unison and has removed bias is the best kind of staff team there is.

What is a staff team’s purpose?: To ensure the server runs well by A. Enforcing the rules. B. Assisting players with questions that aren’t game play related. C. Working together to make events that makes the time your players play memorable.

What kind of player are you?: I am a high RP kind of player so my mood depends on the character I play- although I aint too serious as a person and like to think I’m laid back and just wanna chat to people regarding lore and stuff.

How do you think you will change once you become a staff member?: I don’t think I’ll change very much, I from my time doing moderator work I haven’t changed much and I usually just wanna have a good time helping others.

The clown slips the HoS and steals his gun, spacing it right after. What do you do?: By stealing the HOS’ gun and spacing him- there has been 2 capital crimes committed (Grand Larceny & Prime Murder.) these crimes are generally exclusive to antags and should stay with antags- assuming I have the ability to, I’d check the clowns antag status. If the clown is for example traitor and their objective was to steal the HOS’ gun, I’d leave em be due to the fact despite he killed him as the HOS is a major threat especially if you steal off them although on the other hand if the clown was just clowning about I’d Bwoink them and ask why they did that if I can get to the bottom of it with very little hassle and they are being respectful I’d leave them with a warning or possibly use something thats non lethal such as a stun but if they are rude, disrespectful and have a bad history I’d most likely contact some fellow moderator for some assistance for a ban.

A non-antagonist is sabotaging the Atmospherics loop and pumping plasma into the distro, along with dragging around a canister and releasing it into the atmosphere. Assuming that an admin is cleaning up the after-effects, how do you conduct the ahelp with him?: Firstly- bwoink him and check if he’s an antag- when I discover he’s not I’ll address him politely and try and find out why he did it- depending on his history in the server and their attitude they may be warned and gibbed or banned. (if possible).

A chemist who is working alone accidentally mixes an explosive mixture inside of his chem dispenser, instantly killing himself and destroying the machine, along with exposing Chemistry to space. Nobody else was injured aside from him as a result of his actions. What do you do?: Bwoink him and check his play time, if he’s new I’ll ask how much he knows about chemistry in ss13 and if he doesnt know much direct him to the mentors for assistance. Although if he’s a veteran or semi vet player, I’ll still ask how much he knows regarding chemistry if he says he knows chemistry I’ll likely warn him and move on with my life if not direct him to the mentors.

Hello, your responses are mixing with question bold formatting, which is making it a bit hard to distinguish, can you separate them please? (I don’t have any authority here, its just for the sake of my eyes)

Like so:

Why do you want to be a moderator?:
I want to be a moderator so that I can enforce community rules and ensure a unique experience amongst players by implementing gimmicks and acting as admin only ghost roles such as central command, so that players aren’t just throwing their time into making a prayer or calling central regarding a problem with command- I wish to make this a memorable experience.

It will make it more legible for voting admins to read.

Hi, I’ll keep this short and to the point here. While your answers above don’t look terrible overall and could certainly be improved woth experience, I’m not confident in your recent history. You seem to have a history of doing things that you know you shouldn’t or you know are outright against the rules. I’m not confident you would be able to enforce rules properly if you yourself think it’s okay to break them when you want.

I’m gonna have to go with a -1

T: -1

Your recent history on the server contradicts many of your statements, mainly regarding you claiming to be “high RP kind of player”.

The app looks good otherwise, but sadly I can’t give my vote of confidence here.
You need a recent record clean of serious incidents to prove you can be trusted with admin perms.

T:-2

1 Like

Okay answers, but I’ll have to side with Acronad and Haliris here.

T: -3

Same as above here.
Your answers are decent, and could be improved with experience, but with your recent history its going to be a no from me

T: -4

I do not trust that you would make a good admin given some of your past conduct, unfortunately that means it’s going to be a -1 from me as well.

T: -5

1 Like

sorry for posting here
but your first question, the clown slipping HoS, the clown spaced the gun and not HoS himself. I get that not everyone understands english, I have a small bit of dyslexia myself, but it was worth pointing it out.
again, admemes, terribly sorry for posting here. Needed to shed a bit of light on that.

Denied at score of -5

Main point of contention seems to be you getting into trouble, so if you get your behaviour cleaned up feel free to reapply in some months.