Miliviu mod application

Your CKEY (Including any alts you have):
Miliviu

Your Discord Name (Including any alts you have):
Miliviu#2187

How often are you online to help? (Timezone):
Three hours a day in the afternoon (GMT + 2)

What changes, if any, would you bring?:
From a code point of view, I don’t think I will bring a lot of “changes” just fixing things as usual and some minor features.

From an administrative point of view I don’t think I’m bringing any changes, I’m a quiet person and I’m very happy with the community and the current state of Beestation.

How old are you?:

Why do you want to be a moderator?:
Since some time ago Beestation is one of the hobbies to which I dedicate more time, I enjoy playing it and I enjoy programming in DM, and I think I am a person who has some of the attributes that a Moderator needs, and if I can improve Beestation dedicating a little more time I will do it happily!.

How long have you been playing SS13?:
Since 2018

How long have you been playing BeeStation?:
Since 2018 too!

On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you in SS13?:
I would say a 6, I know all the systems of the game, but I don’t master any of the complicated ones, I’m more of a Warden or Captain, jobs that are more focused on Roleplay.

On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you as an administrator? (this can include past games):
And I would say a 6 as well, the positive thing is that I have moderated “relatively large” communities in the past, however I don’t know most of our codebase tools dedicated to administration.

Have you ever been an admin or moderator on another server? This is not limited to SS13:
I have been a moderator in one of the biggest spanish MTA RP servers, and in a few smaller Garry’s mod (HL2RP) servers.

Do you have any alternate accounts on SS13? If so, could you provide their CKEY?:
I don’t have any!

Your strengths:
I would say that my strengths are my temperance, I am a very calm person, it is difficult to get me angry or nervous, and I would say that I am neutral, and I can put myself in the shoes of those I have in front of me and understand why they feel the way they feel!

Your weaknesses:
Although it is not easy to get me nervous, I do get stressed easily, so there are days that I just do not turn on the computer, I try not to let this affect me when I enter Beestation but there are times when I feel less enthusiastic about everything.

Is there anything that gets you really mad, real fast?:
I don’t think so, there are things I see that bother me, like discrimination, but I don’t get “angry” I just feel uncomfortable.

What do you think is the most important trait for a staff member to have?:
The most important thing is to be calm, to understand that all of us who are in Beestation are here because we want to have a good time and keeping in mind that the goal of being a member of the staff is to make Beestation a pleasant server to play on!

What makes a staff team good?:
I would say this one is obvious, communication, the staff team talking, getting along is fundamental! Because if one Admin says something and another says the opposite, it creates a not very favorable environment!

What is a staff team’s purpose?:
Maintaining a safe and entertaining environment, we all want to have a good time, but to have a good time you have to follow certain rules, and the main purpose of the staff team is being in charge of ensuring that these rules are followed

What kind of player are you?:
I am a player very focused on roleplay, I usually play captain to give orders and small tasks to assistants, or I play Warden to be watching the sensors and giving advice to the officers.

I also play Medbay a lot when I want to distract myself, it’s something more automatic that requires a little less effort for those days when I’m tired.

How do you think you will change once you become a staff member?:
Honestly I think not much, I’ll do the same just answering tickets and watching more than usual, if I think I would become more social in discord and the forum.

The clown slips the HoS and steals his gun, spacing it right after. What do you do?:
First of all I would check if the Clown is an antagonist, if not, I would look at his history, if he is a regular offender I would job ban him as a (Clown, Mime, Gimmick…), if it is his first offense I would simply write to him warning him that what he has done cannot be done and I would put a note in his profile.

After that I would return the weapon to the HoS locker.

A non-antagonist is sabotaging the Atmospherics loop and pumping plasma into the distro, along with dragging around a canister and releasing it into the atmosphere. Assuming that an admin is cleaning up the after-effects, how do you conduct the ahelp with him?:

First of all I would freeze him on the spot, I would write him a bwoink asking him what he was doing, I would look at the number of hours played after his explanation, if he is a veteran user with few notes I would ban him for a while, if he is using a new account I would ban him permanently. Sabotaging atmospherics is not something that someone just starting out knows how to do and is clearly a griefer.

A chemist who is working alone accidentally mixes an explosive mixture inside of his chem dispenser, instantly killing himself and destroying the machine, along with exposing Chemistry to space. Nobody else was injured aside from him as a result of his actions. What do you do?:

Simply look at his record, if it is something he does every round take action, if not, then do nothing, in the end these are things that happen and there is no better way of learning than screwing it up a little!

I’ll reply any additional questions happily! Thank you all in advance!

3 Likes

You are applying for moderator not coder.

ok questions

1. Round starts, small queue to HoP forms, who first of all, modifies his own ID after running somewhere, telling people to wait. Person in queue compains he’s not doing his job. How do you handle this?
  2. Person converted to rev adminhelps that he doesn’t want the antagonist. What do you do?
  3. Two people connect and you get same IP warning. Do you do anything?
  4. Cult gets revealed. Assistant gets promoted to deputy, after what rushes into armory and picks up 3 riffles and leaves brig without telling anyone. Anything wrong here?
  5. Chaplain, praising carp sie, prays to his god. What do you do?
  1. Round starts, small queue to HoP forms, who first of all, modifies his own ID after running somewhere, telling people to wait. Person in queue compains he’s not doing his job. How do you handle this?

Well, first of all I would check if there is a Captain, because if there is not I assume that now the HoP is the acting captain (He will have tu run and secure the disk before returning to the line), so I would mark the ticket as an IC issue. However if in this case there is a Captain I would look at what access he has given to himself, if he has not asked permission to the corresponding department heads/the captain I would look at his note history and then send him a bwoink asking for explanations, if the explanations are not enough I would sanction him or give him a note, depending on his previous notes/sanctions.

and I specifically believe that the HoP taking some time to reach the line is not a real issue.

1. Person converted to rev adminhelps that he doesn’t want the antagonist. What do you do?

Well, Revolution is a group game mode, and as a Rev you have the “obligation” to cooperate with the rest of the Revolutionaries to kill the Heads, so I would answer them that they must help the rest of the revolutionaries, in the end the sooner you start “fighting” the sooner you will finish the round.

In case he really had to leave because something came up IRL I would offer his body to the observers!

1. Two people connect and you get same IP warning. Do you do anything?

I think I would simply observe them during the round, if they are playing separately, having normal interactions as with the rest of the players I would simply leave an informative note and let them know that they should let know an admin before playing in the same household!

However, if the two are together all the time, doing things together and without communicating through the game chat I would bwoink both of them, I would explain them that they can’t do metacomming (leaving there a note if is the first time or a ban if it’s not), if they are one person using two accounts I would proceed to ban both ckeys.

1. Cult gets revealed. Assistant gets promoted to deputy, after what rushes into armory and picks up 3 riffles and leaves brig without telling anyone. Anything wrong here?

Well, I would say it depends a lot on the context, if the cult has just been discovered and does not pose a lethal threat to the station yes it could be Powergaming, but being Deputy they have the same responsibilities as an Officer, and I trust that this problem could be solved by the Warden or the HoS IC, they should keep an eye in the deputy making sure that they are following the SoP, in the case that the cult is not a real threat and the Warden/HoS do nothing to stop him from taking the weapons, I would give him a wake up bwoink, check his notes…

But if the cult is taking over the station, I don’t think there is anything wrong with this situation.

1. Chaplain, praising carp sie, prays to his god. What do you do?

Spawn a “sacred” Carp and give the chaplain the task of protecting it.

Acting captain always spawns with spare codes.
Answer is fine, but I’d check the access anyway since you do not have to give yourself AA to get to the disky (you get caps spare).

2 is good

Overall good but I’d personally look how they cooperate. If they seem like genuinely new players I would initiate chat, if not ban and explain.

4 depends on the context. If cult goes halo it’s fine. If not I’d reminder the person that he’s not the only one in the department and to roleplay your role.

5 is good

+1

1 Like

Hello, I’m happy you decided to apply!

I’d like to point out that Miliviu has been contributing to the github (they also have the contributor role), with a total of 7 merged PRs and 2 that are still open.

I’ll briefly go over the standard questions

Self antagonising should be punished by a game ban, not a job ban. Try issuing job bans only when you believe the issue with a player is their approach to a specific job (for example: a sec officer that keeps not following SOP)

The other replies are pretty good :+1: :muscle:

Questions:

1. You see an ashwalker on board of the station. They are currently in the engineering department and are operating machines and tools effortlessly, helping around the station. After bwoinking them, they tell you that they were teleported on board by an anomaly (true).
    What would you do?

2. A teratoma decided to delam the supermatter, nobody was able to fix it in time and it resulted in a small explosion.
    What would you do?

3. You witness a security officer arresting a lawyer for trespassing into science on green. The reason for the arrest is absolutely valid, but the officer decides to shoot and baton the lawyer without saying a word. The officer stays quiet for the whole process of incarceration as well, despite the lawyer asking questions.
    What would you do?

good luck with the app!

1 Like

Thank you so much!
Here, my answers:

1. You see an ashwalker on board of the station. They are currently in the engineering department and are operating machines and tools effortlessly, helping around the station. After bwoinking them, they tell you that they were teleported on board by an anomaly (true).
    What would you do?

I would first look at their Note history to see if they have already been warned for doing something similar, if not, I would explain that their character should not be able to use tools or machines, as they are a Lavaland born lizard who does not know the technology of the Space Station and should not have to seek friendship with people who are not of their tribe. Honestly, as they were helping inside the station, I would simply note them as they didn’t seem to have bad intentions.

if they have done similar stuff in the past, I would ban them from Ghost Roles!

1. A teratoma decided to delam the supermatter, nobody was able to fix it in time and it resulted in a small explosion.
    What would you do?

Same as before, I would start looking at their notes to see if they have a history of Griefing, if so I would proceed to ban them for a few days, if not I would simply explain that teratomas are antags that have to annoy the crew but blowing up the SM and possibly leaving the station without power is excessive and then I would drop a little note explaining what happened.

1. You witness a security officer arresting a lawyer for trespassing into science on green. The reason for the arrest is absolutely valid, but the officer decides to shoot and baton the lawyer without saying a word. The officer stays quiet for the whole process of incarceration as well, despite the lawyer asking questions.
    What would you do?

Well, in the end Beestation is a MRP server and even if the officer had reasons to arrest the lawyer he did it without roleplaying ANYTHING, which I find unacceptable, if they have a history of shitsecurity I think the solution would be to ban them from security jobs for a bit, so
the person continues playing but in other jobs that encourage more RP. If it is his first offense in a long time I would simply give him a wake-up call.

1 Like

Alright! I like the answers, I’d love to have you on the team! :muscle: :muscle:
+1 from me
T: +2

2 Likes

Hi! Does anyone else have questions or votes? Thanks in advance! ^^

1 Like

Just a quick heads up careful with that answer.
I have seen people who don’t want to rev throw themselves at security in the hallway with bare fists because it would get them discovered and round ended faster.

I do have a semi Important question:
What are you going to bring to the fight against Milly. As your names are similar and we’ll have to have a deathmatch.

The answers look nice and thought out. +1 from me, Bonus admin question time!!

The botanist is fighting with the chef, both non-antags.
The chef is breaking into botany and uprooting plants, the botanist is shoving and hitting him with things when he comes in. Chef seems to have cooked nothing and the botanist is growing weed.
How do you choose to approach this.

1 Like

Thank you so much for the +1!

What are you going to bring to the fight against Milly. As your names are similar and we’ll have to have a deathmatch.

I think I couldn’t fight Milly T_T

The botanist is fighting with the chef, both non-antags.
The chef is breaking into botany and uprooting plants, the botanist is shoving and hitting him with things when he comes in. Chef seems to have cooked nothing and the botanist is growing weed.
How do you choose to approach this.

It depends a lot on the situation, if they are just annoying each other and generating dynamic and entertaining role-playing situations, I would leave it alone, let them solve things in an IC way, although the gimmick of planting weed is already well seen and a bit boring.
(I know the rule of doing your job, but wasting some time creating memorable situations seems positive to me)

However if they are doing it without any kind of roleplay, just being inefficient and bothering the rest of the players, I would look at their history of notes, if it is something they have done before a ban of a day or two would be what I would do and if it is the first time just send them a bwoink asking them to stop and leave an informative note of the situation and their “reaction” to the wake up call!

A traitor purchases Disco Inferno emergency shuttle, which is announced to all crew. Sometime later in the round a mob of crewmembers hunts for them and kills them. The now deceased traitor ahelps that a bunch of folks validhunted them even if they were not showing any intent to harm them.

What do you do, if anything?

2 Likes

Thank you so much for the question!

A traitor purchases Disco Inferno emergency shuttle, which is announced to all crew. Sometime later in the round a mob of crewmembers hunts for them and kills them. The now deceased traitor ahelps that a bunch of folks validhunted them even if they were not showing any intent to harm them.

What I do first is to really check what has happened, although there are serious cases of Validhunt, I am surprised that a group of people have gathered to kill a traitor who also does not respond in a lethal way. If the traitor who has made the ahelp was telling the truth and a group of players have gathered to hunt him I would proceed to look at the history and hours played of the group of validhunters, if they are new accounts I would assume that it is a group of ban evaders and I would talk to an administrator to see if he thinks the same as me, if so, I would ban them permanently.

However if they are not new accounts and are regular players I would take into account the context to see how to respond, if it is a lowpop round and there was no security I would understand more what they did, even if it is wrong and against the rules I would put a note informing what happened (if any of them has notes regarding validhunt I would ban them), however if it was a highpop round with a populated security department I would ban them for a few days, reminding them to read the rules.

It is important to remember that in combat situations with antagonists, unless you are a security officer ideally you should run away, just the opposite of what this group did trying to find and kill an antagonist who didn’t try to attack them!

2 Likes

it is difficult to get me angry or nervous

• It’s a 2+hr round with the shuttle coming in a couple minutes, there’s 15+ open tickets with various levels of investigation required, a bunch of people are mad about it in dchat having a flame war and yelling at eachother for several people breaking the rules, several of the key people related to multiple tickets have already long since died and disconnected, new ahelps are coming in asking about the same issues or starting new minor vague disputes with minimal information such as “is x validhunting?” and you’re the only person online. How do you handle this situation?

• Malf AI plasmafloods with two murder objectives 15min in without being discovered, wdyd?

• Clown grabs a polymorph staff from a wizard and turns a bunch of people into xenos / dragons / butterflies. WDYD if anything?

• Captain is jetpacking around the station shooting people who he thinks are definitely up to no good, he has 300+hrs and many notes for bad head behavior, WDYD?

3 Likes

Thank you so much for the questions!

• It’s a 2+hr round with the shuttle coming in a couple minutes, there’s 15+ open tickets with various levels of investigation required, a bunch of people are mad about it in dchat having a flame war and yelling at eachother for several people breaking the rules, several of the key people related to multiple tickets have already long since died and disconnected, new ahelps are coming in asking about the same issues or starting new minor vague disputes with minimal information such as “is x validhunting?” and you’re the only person online. How do you handle this situation?

First of all, I would write a calming message in dchat saying that there is only me on right now and that everything will be solved as soon as possible, I would write through the administration channel if someone can connect to give me some support, if no one can, I would take note of every individual incident people have reported in the ahelps, once the escape pod arrives at Centcom I would start a round of CTF and begin to investigate as quickly as possible, if there is evidence that people who have already disconnected have done things that are against the rules, I would ban them and advise them to appeal in the forum to get their explanation of the issue. Once a couple of CTF rounds have passed, I would tell the remaining tickets to report on the forums, and thank them for waiting. After that, I would restart the round.

• Malf AI plasmafloods with two murder objectives 15min in without being discovered, wdyd?

It depends a lot, if the AI has plasmaflooded a room where the two targets were, leaving the rest of the station fine, then I would do nothing, if the AI has changed the air distro and the whole station is on fire now, then I would ban them from Antagonists for a long time, and from the server for a few days.

• Clown grabs a polymorph staff from a wizard and turns a bunch of people into xenos / dragons / butterflies. WDYD if anything?

First I would check if the clown is an antagonist with a Murderbone objective, if so, I would leave it alone, if not, I would send him a bwoink clarifying that although being a clown gives you a little room to make jokes and annoy people, what he is doing is way over the line, if he responds well, understands what he has done wrong, and does not have a history of self-antag, I would simply leave a note reporting what has happened, however if he responds without understanding why he can not do that, or has a history of self-antag I would ban him for a few days.

• Captain is jetpacking around the station shooting people who he thinks are definitely up to no good, he has 300+hrs and many notes for bad head behavior, WDYD?

Well, let’s see, the captain is not the vigilante of the station, he should not be patrolling the station with the jetpack to hunt all the antagonists he can, honestly if it is a normal round, with security, without crazy antagonists as a cult with halos, I would job-ban him from heads for a few weeks, let him play other roles, so he stops having the Play to Win mindset!

3 Likes

+1 for having a strat to avoid a mental breakdown.
We need more amicable mindsets like yours without being worried about punishing repeat bad actors harsher, get in here!

T: +4

3 Likes

App reads good over all, goodish answers, hours, v good history
:slight_smile:

Welcome to the team.
Accepting at +4

2 Likes