Miliviu Mod Application (Part 2)

Your CKEY (Including any alts you have):
Miliviu

Your Discord Name (Including any alts you have):
Miliviu

How often are you online to help? (Timezone):
I play almost every other afternoon (GMT+2)

What changes, if any, would you bring?:
I’m not the type of person who brings a lot of changes. I think the Beestation Staff and the ‘workflow’ they use currently works fine, but I’d bring politeness, patience, and a good mood to the team!

How old are you?:

Why do you want to be a moderator?:
The reason is pretty similar to the last time I applied I really enjoy playing on Bee. I think it’s a project with a lot of good people involved, and I believe I would enjoy my stay here even more if I could help a bit by being a mod!

However, this time I come with the experience I gained last time. I now understand that SS13 is just a hobby, and I really don’t need to involve myself too much to be helpful.

How long have you been playing SS13?:
Since 2018

How long have you been playing BeeStation?:
It’s been a long time, but I really do not remember any other server besides TG, so, I’d say 2018 but it can be later!

On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you in SS13?:
Right now, I’d say I’m at a solid 7. I’ve definitely gotten better since my last application. I’ve picked up the basics of Engineering and Science (Mainly Toxins), stuff I wasn’t into last summer. But I’m still all about the roleplay, I enjoy playing Warden, HoP, and that kind of jobs, I’m not robust at all!

On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you as an administrator? (this can include past games):
And right now, I’d say I’m also at a 7 as an admin. I’ve got the hang of the admin tools we use in Beestation. Plus, I think I’m good with people and I’m usually pretty calmed.

Have you ever been an admin or moderator on another server? This is not limited to SS13:
Yeah, I’ve been a moderator in MTA RP servers, Garry’s mod and Beestation of course!

Do you have any alternate accounts on SS13? If so, could you provide their CKEY?:
Nope!

Your strengths:
One of my key strengths is staying calm, no matter how chaotic things get. I’m also pretty kind, which helps me come across as both neutral and approachable.

Your weaknesses:
As for my weaknesses, I think the main one is that sometimes I get too involved in things that don’t necessarily require it, leading to burnout. However, I’m actively working on managing this better

Is there anything that gets you really mad, real fast?:
I don’t think so. It’s rare to see me get angry. True, I have zero tolerance for homophobia, racism, and the like, but I’m able to keep my cool even in those situations!!

What do you think is the most important trait for a staff member to have?:
Well, I would say that the most important trait an Administrator has to have is calmness and empathy. Understand that most people who come to play on Beestation come with the intention of having fun and that if they break a rule it’s often not out of malice. It is simply a mistake that needs to be “punished” to teach that player how to improve their playstyle so that they and the rest of the people who play here have a great time.

What makes a staff team good?:
What a Staff team needs is good communication, shared vision, and good leadership that can that impart that vision.

Although each admin has their personal vision and opinions, decisions and verdicts should follow the same criteria in all the specific cases.

What is a staff team’s purpose?:
The purpose of the Staff team is to help to maintain a calmed atmosphere in the game, Discord and Forum and obviously to make sure that the rounds follow their usual flow. Checking that the rules are followed (punishing whoever breaks them) and that everything runs smoothly.

What kind of player are you?:
Well, I’m still a very Roleplay focused player playing Head of Personnel, Captain and Medic, although I’ve grown fond of playing as an engineer.

Apart from what I do in game, I also like to contribute to the Beestation code. I honestly enjoy fixing small bugs and issues.

How do you think you will change once you become a staff member?:
To be honest like last time I doubt I’ll change much, I’ll just be more active on Discord and in the game!

The clown slips the HoS and steals his gun, spacing it right after. What do you do?:
Well, let’s see, in order! First, I would check whether the Clown is an antagonist. If I see that they are not, I would bwoink them and ask, ‘Why did you do that?’ After listening to their answer, I’d tell them that you can perform pranks as a clown, and there is some leeway in doing those. However, stealing and spacing the HoS gun is definitely crossing the line.

After that, I would look at their record. If it is their first offense, I would put a note explaining the situation. If it is repeated behavior, I would ban them.

Lastly, I would return the pistol to the HoS locker

A non-antagonist is sabotaging the Atmospherics loop and pumping plasma into the distro, along with dragging around a canister and releasing it into the atmosphere. Assuming that an admin is cleaning up the after-effects, how do you conduct the ahelp with him?:
This seems like a clear case of griefing. First of all, I would freeze them to prevent further griefing. Then I’d bwoink them and explain that what they are doing is against the rules, also reminding them to read the rules.

After that, I would check the number of hours they have on Beestation. If they have a new account with low hours, I’d issue a permanent ban that they can appeal on the forums. If they are a regular on the server, I would issue a long-term ban.

If a regular becomes so frustrated that they start griefing, they definitely need a break from the server

A chemist who is working alone accidentally mixes an explosive mixture inside of his chem dispenser, instantly killing himself and destroying the machine, along with exposing Chemistry to space. Nobody else was injured aside from him as a result of his actions. What do you do?:
Hmmm, this has happened to all of us. The first thing I would do is look at their playtime, examine the kind of explosion it was, assess the severity of the destruction, and review their administrative history.

If it has been an accident and nothing serious has happened at the station, I would simply leave it alone. It’s not necessary to get involved in everything.

If the round is quiet and I’m just observing as a ghost, I would keep an eye on them to see if they repeat the action or intend to explode something else.

That’d be all, thank you so much for reviewing this and I’ll happily answer some more questions!

5 Likes

Hello! Thanks for applying!

Good answer, instead of putting it in the locker I might’ve returned it to the clown’s inventory so that he can have IC consequences for his actions too.

Good answer on the new account side, but if it was really intentional griefing I would’ve issued a permaban too for the regular. With a good amount of hours, they should know better.

This is a good answer. We don’t always have to get involved in everything.

Time for some questions of my own:
1 - You get an ahelp by the mime: “Juan Ratón the officer is metacomming with the other officers they found me as soon as I killed another officer in maintenance!!!”. What do you do, if anything?
2 - An officer walks into science roundstart and makes himself some very powerful nanites, as well as augmenting himself. What do you do, if anything?
3 - After ahelping a player for griefing them, the ahelping player went on to murder said player and cremate their body. What do you do?

2 Likes

Hiii, thank you so much for your feedback and questions :smile:

Well, first of all, I would respond to the ahelp by saying to the mime: ‘Thank you very much for sending this ahelp . I’m going to look into this.’

After that, I would inspect the officers and the logs of the round. First, I would check that no one was looking at the sensors of the deceased officer and then said, ‘Hey, officer X is dying there.’ My main objective would be to find any way the officers could have found the deceased.

If, after investigating, I discover that they found the mime legitimately, I would close the ahelp by thanking the mime one last time and taking no action against the officers.

However, if I see that there is no way they could have found the mime legitimately, I would DM the deceased officer and the one who found the dead to understand how they did it. If it turns out there was a legitimate way, I would apologize for bothering them and thank them for their cooperation. However, if they admit to metacomming (or if I discover it without their admission), I would issue a ban. If they are new users still learning to play and have no administrative history, I would explain to them what they did wrong and send them the rules, leaving an informative note that they are friends and have metacommed in the past.

Let’s see, this looks like a clear case of powergaming. First of all, I think it’s important to examine the officer’s history to see if he has any previous sanctions or notes for similar behavior, or if this is truly his first offense.

If it is his first time, I would write to him explaining that this is a MRP server, not a LRP competitive one. He should not attempt to win at all costs, especially by acquiring items that are the responsibility of other departments. This would also be a good opportunity to remind him to read the server rules.

After that, I would wait for his response. If he is cooperative and agrees to remove the nanites and augments, I would leave an informative note about the situation. However, if he becomes confrontational and starts making invalid excuses, I would issue a job ban. I think this Player should try playing in other departments to better understand the spirit of the game.

If this behavior is repetitive (and not limited to the Security department), I would issue a server ban.

Ugh, this one hurts.

First of all, I would ensure that the player who sent the ahelp does not continue griefing after killing the player who originally grieffed. (If they do I’d freeze them)

Also, I honestly believe that in this case the grieffed person would leave immediately, if this happens I would permanently ban the person and ask for explanations on the forum.

If the player does not disconnect I would write to them, saying, ‘Hey, I understand this situation frustrated you, but you didn’t handle it the right way, you should have let an admin handle it. You don’t know if that player was an antag and had a Murderbone Objective (for example).’ After that I would tell them that I will investigate the initial ahelp, issuing a sanction for murdering the alleged Griefer.

Finally I would investigate that initial ahelp, if it turns out that the reported was indeed a grieffer I would issue a ban. If it is not (and their actions were justified), I would write them explaining the situation (if they are still online) and set their Antag Rep to 100.

1 Like

Might not be too related to the application, I am no admin simply a regular user. If desired, delete or ignore this comment.

What is the difference between taking four random turns into maintenace catching someone red handed and meta communicating?

2 Likes

Hi! Thank you so much for answering
I honestly like your question :>

Coincidences exist obviously, yeah! But it’s possible to catch to people metacomming, they stay together, do not use chat at all, I’d only sanction them if it was clear they /are/ metacomming

Again! Dw at all for being a regular user I appreciate the question anyways!

3 Likes

Good ticket conduct. Let’s say you don’t find any evidence of metacomms, and close the ticket as IC, but he reopens it accusing you of being friends with said security players. WYD?

Good answer

Fair enough, this is a good response.

Good followup

1 Like

Thank you so much for the feedback <3

Well, I would tell them once that I’m not their friend, if he still is angry and thinking I’m friends with the security players I would tell them: “I’ll close the Ticket, if you still think think I’m in the wrong and not being fair I invite you to fill a Staff Report (Staff Reports - BeeStation) I hope you enjoy the rest of the shift.”

If he starts opening more tickets and getting angry I would ask him to stop misusing the AHelp if he does not stop I would warn him and then if he finally doesn’t stop I’d sanction him.

This is a good response, better to keep your cool with these kinds of players. Overall your answers are good and you’ve already been staff on here, you have my +1

T: +1

3 Likes

From what I’ve observed of you in and out of game you’re a really good person, and I think (especially as ex-staff) that you would fit in well.

As for questions…

1. ‘John McGreyshit is griefing, please ban them.’ - Said player (John McGreyshit) is a brand new account with 8 hours on the game, he seems to just be shoving sec and causing a ruckus standing outside of brig.

2. ‘V.I.E.W is doing xenobiology and refuses to roleplay with anyone’ - From observing and checking logs, V.I.E.W has very little saylogs (typically one word) and has been doing xenobio for two hours. The player reporting this is an antagonist who has been spamming the xenobio bell trying to get V.I.E.W to give them powerful items, but is being ignored.

3. ‘Valid hunter’ - The reporting player is a heretic who just killed four people in the brig (mostly security). Upon asking them for any more information they reply ‘idk’.

4. ‘shitsec didn’t have a warrant to search me on green they do this all the time’

5. If you had to choose between the two for dinner, would a meat pie or sausage roll be better? Please use APA 7th referencing for this question.

1 Like

Hiii, thank you so much Marshmellow <3
Let’s see this questions!

Let’s see, just by the name alone the player looks bad, but first of all, I would look at his Player Panel, checking that he is not an antag, because if he is, he could be making a Gimmick that I really don’t like but it’s fair enough.

If he is not, I would look at his administrative history, I imagine he has no notes or bans as he is a new account. So I would write to him, “Hey, Beestation is a MRP server, where you have to roleplay and there are a set of rules, I imagine you didn’t know this, here Rules - BeeStation Wiki, read this and then get back to playing.” After that I would wait for a response.

If he responds nicely and gets around to reading the rules (and stops bothering security) I would leave a note explaining the situation. However if he ignores me or says yes but doesn’t stop bothering security I would issue a temporary ban asking him to read the rules again.

Oh, and I would also ask him to change his last name, it does not comply with the name policy.

Agh, oki.

Well, first of all, I would reply to the person who created the ticket thanking them for reporting this and that I will be taking care of it.

Subsequently, I would examine the administrative records of V.I.E.W to determine if this behavior is typical. Finally, I would check if the individual is an antagonist (perhaps they are acquiring those powerful items for themselves and have plans for later actions).

If this is not their usual behavior (for instance, it might be their first time playing Xenobiology, and they are consulting the wiki, unaware that someone is calling them), I would send a subtle message implying that roleplaying is mandatory.

If the subtle message doesn’t work, I would contact them directly, explaining that one of the rules is ‘You must roleplay’. Even though the Science department can be quite isolating, this does not exempt them from roleplaying. After conveying this, I would wish them a good day and continue to observe them to see if they begin roleplaying."

Finally I would thank the original player and close the report, and creating a note in V.I.E.W history.

If the person does not provide additional information, I will need to review the logs. Before doing so, I will ask them a second time to please clarify the situation for me (pointing out that they don’t need to go into too much detail) and explain why they created the ticket. If the user still fails to provide information, I will access the player panel and examine their attack logs to understand what occurred.

Upon reviewing the attack and later the say logs, including those of the user and other involved individuals, I will attempt to comprehend the situation. If I see that someone in the Brig, who was not a Security Officer, attacked the Heretic, I will contact them for a clear explanation of the events.

Once I establish whether there has been any Valid Hunting or not, I will engage with the involved parties and apply the appropriate sanctions. I will thank the Heretic for creating the ticket, but I will also advise them to provide more context in future tickets otherwise they might not be responded to.

First of all, I would tell the user that I understand their frustration. I completely get that being arrested and found with contraband during Code Green can be discouraging, but, in the security SoP, it is never mentioned that a Warrant is necessary. What is required is that there be reasonable evidence/suspicion that they have committed a crime.

After that, I would verify that the officers had some sort of evidence and that it wasn’t a random search. Then, I would thank them for the ticket and wish them an enjoyable rest of the Shift.

CHOOSING BETWEEN MEAT PIE OR SAUSSAGE ROLL

The Question: Meat Pie or Sausage Roll
                                    Miliviu

This is a hard question, choosing between a Meat Pie or a Sausage Roll not only depends on dietary needs and nutritional content but also in Personal Taste.

• Meat Pie: Offers a cool variety of flavors with meat and vegetable fillings, and has a crumbly crust (which I personally love). Nutritionally, it can be high in calories and fat but also provides protein and nutrients from the meat and vegetables.

• sausage Roll: Features seasoned sausage meat wrapped in puff pastry, I really like it and it’s been a REALLY long time since I’ve eat it. It’s calorie-dense and high in fats and sodium, with protein being the main nutritional benefit.

After this quick analysis I would choose the Meat Pie

Ruiz-Cano D, Pérez-Llamas F, López-Jiménez JÁ, González-Silvera D, Frutos MJ, Zamora S. Caracterización y valor nutritivo de un alimento artesanal; el pastel de carne de Murcia [Characterization and nutritional value of a food artisan: the meat pie of Murcia]. Nutr Hosp. 2013 Jul-Aug;28(4):1300-5. Spanish. doi: 10.3305/nh.2013.28.4.6520. PMID: 23889656.

Oke, Kehinde & Idowu, Michael & Adeola, Abiodun & Abiola, Temitope & Adeniji, Ibrahim. (2020). Evaluation and storage studies of sausage roll produced from wheat-tigernut flour blends. Hrvatski časopis za prehrambenu tehnologiju, biotehnologiju i nutricionizam. 14. 82-90. 10.31895/hcptbn.14.3-4.5.

If someone shows that they don’t intend to follow our rules or play to our standards (in this case by ignoring you), just send them to the forums. They shouldn’t be playing here if they refuse the rules.

Fair enough.

Lets say you find out it was a chef who was delivering donuts, they explain that they witnessed four security officers die in the meeting room and in close proximity to the attacker decided to arm themselves with a knife and fight the attacker.

Also, pretend you received that exact ahelp again, except this time for some reason you could not access logs of the event. How would you conduct the ahelp?

:sunglasses: glory to securistan

The… meat pie… of… what?..
Screenshot_2

1 Like

You are right, got it!

Well, the seriousness of the matter depends on two situations. First, the cook is, as the name implies, a cook, not a Security Officer, HoS, Warden, etc. In risky situations, they should flee or defend themselves just enough to escape, not go out to kill the Antagonist.

If the Heretic has ascended, the cook ignoring the escalation policy is not so severe, despite having done Valid Hunting. I would explain that to them, I honestly think they would understand it, after that I’d issue a note (If it’s their first time), they do not seem malicius…

If the heretic has not ascended, besides having done Valid Hunting, the cook has ignored the escalation policy, so I’d add that to my note and explanation to them.

If there really are no logs, I would tell the heretic that I really need their cooperation. Obviously, I want to resolve this problem, but if they don’t explain at least the basics of what happened, I won’t be able to solve it, so I would reject the ticket.

Thank you for the feedback and questions!

I’m sure you know but one of the important ways of finding information without logs is simply asking people. You would be surprised how many people (especially in a situation like this) will be honest and tell you what happened even if they are in the wrong. It never hurts to ask.

Once again, I believe you have exemplary behaviour and would fit in well, so you have my +1 all the way. Good luck with your application!

T: +2

1 Like

Your responses are so detailed that I honestly don’t think I need to ask any questions, very good answers! Plus you’re ex-staff, know what tools we are dealing with, etc. get in here!

+1

T:+3

Wait ew you picked meat pie instead of sausage roll??

2 Likes

From what I recall you were a pretty good Admin and left on fine terms.
I have no questions of my own, I think you’ll do fine.

Just try not to burn out again, yeah?

+1

T:+4

1 Like

Yeah, what Bird said.

Get back in here.
+1

T: +5

2 Likes

After discussing this app internally we have decided to accept it. Be more careful with burnout this time.
Welcome back to the team!!

Accepting at +5