Meta grudging as a golem who had allready had someone break icly rules before them and instead of fair treatment for doing this other person only got off with a warning yet i got full on ban

CKEY:Higiro

Admin’s CKEY: Bloons3

Is this for both servers or just one? If so, which one: mrp

Ban Type: can’t play ghost roles

Ban Length: 2020-03-09 04:01 - 2020-03-14 04:01

Ban Date (MM/DD/YYYY):

Round ID:

Ban Reason: Metagruding as golem

Appeal Reason: as told the trail admin the person who had killed me had broke rules themselves by attacking me over the golem disk which I had allready put down and even had not attacked them in any way before they did this I had simply talked to them it’s not like I had even tried running and even afterward I’m told they only got a notice basically a slap on the wrist and yet I get a full on ban instead of a fair even treatment to the said person who had this wrist slap.

Additional Information:

During that round, I got two ahelps about the situation.

One ahelp was from a golem that killed a miner for stealing the golem creation disk. The miner gave the disk back, but the golems killed them afterwards.

The other ahelp was from the miner the golems killed, Higiro.

While I was working on the ticket, Higiro spawned as a golem and attacked the golems, which is a very clear metagrudge. I banned Higiro for metagruding the golems as a new golem.

The golem from earlier was given a note since they were quick to escalate.

but 5 days job ban yet they slap on wrist? seems a bit over top exsecive compared to one anouther.

The golem from earlier was given a note since they were quick to escalate.

Golems & Free Golems: Follow lavaland escalation. People may follow lavaland escalation against golems

Lavaland escalation is essentially an excuse to overescalate any conflict that occurs to lethal, as long as you werent the beginning initiator.

Golem didn’t even deserve a note if the miner gave any reason to escalate at all (theft is a reason) and didn’t break any rules to begin with. even if they had you don’t get a free pass to blatantly break the rules yourself

Breaking the rules to get back at someone else who is breaking the rules is not the way to go - you reported it, admin dealt with it, if you disagree with admin you post it on the forums. A 5-day ghost role ban is also just a slap on the wrist itself.

if i use your escuse for lavaland golem escalation then golems could just make anything up no reason even if ooc related and wouldn’t matter they make up excuse that it is icly pertaning though.

also litterally picking up disk talking to them about it then putting it down after loading it into machine becuase had been asked to put back is considered theft?

if i use your excuse again then if someone picks up a tool when on station i have every right to beat them to bloody pulp escalaitng it

They need an IC reason, not an OOC reason and they can’t just make something up and call it a reason. You stole from them, and that’s a valid reason.

That’s not the focus of this thread though - the focus is you broke the rules blatantly and your best excuse is ‘but they didn’t get in trouble’. You went out of your way to grief another player that had already been dealt with.

also litterally picking up disk talking to them about it then putting it down after loading it into machine becuase had been asked to put back is considered theft?

No if that’s what happened, and then the note is valid on the other player.

if i use your excuse again then if someone picks up a tool when on station i have every right to beat them to bloody pulp escalaitng it

No because lavaland escalation doesn’t apply to your fellow crew. Read more about it here: New Rulings

that is what happened exactly i picked up tslked about it cause they asked put down and not take i told them id bring it back after gave scince a quick dip of it so could make golems but they said no they move it alot i said is dumb but relaented taking it when saw guy messing machines and tried loading it then i dropped it and litterally as soon as did they jumpped me kiling me even though saw i didnt have it and escalated it so reported it but being use ti=o admins i know who didnt give three snits about said things i attacked them cause they didnt care if did it that much

but beuing gone long did loads new mods here
and rules and such

Are you looking for a reduction in the ban length?

Are you disputing that you metagrudged?

i may be looknig lower time then 5 days bescuase it seems bit over top in comparison but not disputing that i let anger take me becuase im use to old bee where that stuff was normal and didnt know of all these changes so acted like same old bee cause i got fed up with other mods and all they did and only now came back cause of reasons

but it’s not like i instently came back thouse hours day ago and just simply started going on rampage using any excuse it was only after the other person had broke a rule that was setup by how i know it that i got pissed after reported it

becuase admins i know just laugh it off and then say just deal with it we don’t care sso what if they did?

Meta grudging is a tad more serious offence for a couple of reasons. Not only did over escalate a situation, like they did, but you did so using OOC reasons. They recieved a punishment for it but it’s less serious than what you did. This is pretty justified in all honesty.

Closing this as the ban has run its length.