Melee balance

You seem to think beating someone to death with a crude weapon should be anything but, slow, brutal, and painful for all parties involved.

Because believe it or not if you’re not a role that starts with a weapon you’re typically not expected kill people. There is more to this game than hobo combat.

15 damage is seven hits, and if you really want to talk about “crude” talk to a veteran police officer about baseball bats and what they do to skulls. healthy human bone is about as strong as iron btw. milk does a body good.

This is slowly becoming less and less serious and I don’t have anything to say other than what I’ve already said.

mm.

apples can make a wonderful pie. be sure to add cinnamon. added a lower set of damage values on the main post.

Any team antag would be literally unstoppable and you’d see blood brothers murderboning the entire station with regularity. What is this suggestion even

you aren’t wrong victor ; -; useless unrobost server. the poor guys. please just look at the lowered numbers on the original post. please just bump damage up a little. the game needs that. I just don’t understand how this is ok to anyone. why would anything hit like a whiffle ball bat ?

5 hits for a fireaxe . . .

No weapon should be so strong that it kills someone quicker than they can type into chat for help.

Also I strongly believe that anything that takes time and effort to create/ learn should be lightyears ahead of stuff that you pick up at roundstart. Even if an item takes only 2-3 minutes to get ahold of, it actually gives players some incentive to learn and play this game outside of just fucking rushing a spear and a bar of soap at the beginning of the game.

If you rebalanced melee weapons to be this strong, you’d never see people making deathmixes in chemistry, non-transmitable benneficial diseases in viro, hulk and Xray in genetics, maxcaps, stabilized slime extracts, mechsuits, fusion canisters, and maintinence makeshift weapons like stunprods and shotguns.

Literally like 80% of the fun of this game is spending 5-10 rounds working away at something fun like a deathmix and testing it on yourself/monkeys over and over again until you get something you find perfect and procede to finally roll traitor and then clear the server with it.

gonna mention these numbers come from the stun baton

dude. Go build a stunprod in maint if you want to 2 shot someone so bad.
screwdriver + crowbar a space heater to pop out the power cell.

This seems like one of THE MOST FLAWED suggestion I have seen here.

20 damage shanks. would be good.

That’s enough to force open a locker. Nah

you would need two people to really shank someone quickly . . .

what is dual wielding ?

lower numbers :
7 unarmed
10 for unarmed perk (if it still exists)
15 everything else that would do something
17 heavie objects / kitchen knife
20 dangerous/ robust/ cleavers/ hatchets/ shanks
25 combat knife
35 Swords, dedicated melee
15/40 Axe/Hammer/Pickaxe
15/25 spear 35 thrown

So you are saying that I can kill someone by stabbing them 5 times with a piece of glass on a rod of metal? And you are also making that a GLASS SHARD with cable coil wrapped around it can break a locker? If balance is what you are going for this is the worst way of doing it.

add additional effectiveness of armor against shanks and spears.

Just to throw off a cliff . two iron rods, three wood ; makes six spears. not glass, needs welder

35 bullet/laser/disabler damage, all guns. have armor or work together. 10 iron “Iron Armor” would be nice. but expensive. a five iron shield and a five iron sword . . . costs too much, by five iron. rambling a bit now but with a bow that costs 5 wood and can make 5 arrows with a rod (or 20 arrows with a rod and 5 wood), 10 iron for armor and 5 iron for a sword your are doing ok. spending 15 iron on equipping a guy means three equipped at 45 iron. not bad.

Why would that be any good?
The difference in stats between guns lead to more depth in ranged combat. That the sec auto rifle does 20 brute and the revolver does 60 gives extra depth to ranged combat as the revolver has 7 shoots and the auto rifle has something like 30 shoots so in combat one of them requires more acruacy but rewards it with that hitting 2 shots downs your target but the other one let’s you shoot a lot giving you a ability to shoot the at the enemy and not get punished for being trigger happy and allowing for suppressive fire.

Almost all ranged weapons have a place and if they all had the same damage it would just be about how big the magazines are when you are to pick a gun. As it is right now some guns sacrifice things such as damage, acruacy, size or magazine size for utility, ease of acquisition or better stats in other areas. Thus equalizing the damage stats would be really shit

35 damage is a good baseline damage for a projectile, get armor is the answer. 6 shots at 35 is really good when you can jam the gun into a pocket. armor is why military rifles have 20 shots, and because you don’t want to reload. what I would want is for the energy gun to be buffed to have 50 disable/25 laser, with the laser gun having now 30 shots to the auto guns 20. the lack of ammo that laser guns have will leave you at a disadvantage. that said 30 is a lot. maybe not for something a military would use. saw energy guns being bought during war round, and this really is a thought for consideration.