MaskedCrash Admin Application

Your CKEY (Including any alts you have): MaskedCrash

Your Discord Name (Including any alts you have): Crash#7740

How often are you online to play/admin? (Timezone): Somewhat intermittent, generally 10pm-1am pst.

What changes, if any, would you bring?: None. Frankly, I’m just signing up because there’s a need and I’ve seen enough posts about it that I figure “what’s the worst that can happen”.

How old are you?: 22

Why do you want to be an admin?: MRP has a bad case of absence of admins.

How long have you been playing SS13?: Played a while ago, but on my latest steak of playing the game, 2 months and change.

How long have you been playing BeeStation?: 2 months and change.

On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you in SS13?: 5. Maybe? Not the most robust, and I have weaknesses (Mostly engineering) but I do pick up stuff fast.

On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you as an admin?: 1.

Have you ever been an admin on another server? This is not limited to SS13: I do not think so.

Do you have any alternate accounts on SS13? If so, could you provide their CKEY?: N/A

Your strengths: Generally being reserved
Ability to separate myself from a situation
Don’t actually really want power.

Your weaknesses: Generally meh hours, somewhat biased against general powergamey/validhunty behavior.
Solely for MRP.

Is there anything that gets you really mad, real fast?: Random murder I guess? Short of allcapping in deathchat, don’t actually do much to get mad. Well, that and general overly dickish behavior.

What do you think is the most important trait for a staff member to have?: Patience. No rushing.

What makes a staff team good?: Actually maintaining a healthy server?

What is a staff team’s purpose?: Generally to maintain the server population. Admin events and the like are secondary.

What kind of player are you?: Slow, patient, preparing. Also, armies of borgs are fun.

How do you think you will change once you become a staff member?: Hopefully, not at all. Just generally want to deter the worst behavior on MRP.

The clown slips the HoS and steals his gun, spacing it right after. What do you do?: If it’s a disabler, IC issue. If it’s THE HoS gun, tele it back to the locker, and maybe bwoink the clown and explain why it’s bad, with a small note as to what happened.

A non-antagonist is sabotaging the Atmospherics loop and pumping plasma into the distro, along with dragging around a canister and releasing it into the atmosphere. Assuming that another admin is cleaning up the after-effects, how do you conduct the ahelp with him?: Self Antagging clear and simple, talk to him, and maybe jobban him or tempban him, depending on previous behaviors/notes.

A chemist who is working alone accidentally mixes an explosive mixture inside of his chem dispenser, instantly killing himself and destroying the machine, along with exposing Chemistry to space. Nobody else was injured aside from him as a result of his actions. What do you do?: IC issue, and let’s be frank, everyone’s done something like that.

solid choice for administration

Are you suddenly endorsing new MRP regulars for administration, Oga? I smell some Metal Gear Rising coup d’etat coming.

I’m a little surprised you say that, given our general… Antagonism is too strong a word, I guess general ehness?

Yare yare. 2 months, yet ya look solid. Question time.
And yes, I know, you would only admin on MRP, but bear with me. It’s to see your judgement with any admin issue.

• MRP. Assistant wears the classy grey jumpsuit, gas mask, insulated gloves and toolbelt, but do nothing besides sitting at the bar and drink. Security spots them, arrests them and throws them into brig for 10 minutes under “suspicion of break and entering”. IC? Valid? Not valid? Rules?

• LRP. Captain constantly uses every method of admin communication (Praying, Comms Console) to try and get the admins to spawn a Marauder, a combat mech. A fellow admin, after the 7th time Cap uses the Comms Console to demand his mech, decides to gib Captain. Valid? Not valid? Should you report said admin?

• MRP. Bartender decides to go play laser tag with Chef. Accidentally shoots HOS with his laser tag, hitting him once, which flips HOS out, pulls his laser rifle, and kills Bartender. wat do?

I am unable to answer these fully immediately. I will be responding to these after this rush at work ends. Snap judgments, though-
Do the Sec’s have a reason? Either way, 10 minutes is WAY too long for suspicion. In addition, do they question the bartender? MRP in theory should involve a lot more detective/inspection work.

Uncertain. Probably ask higher admins. On the other hand, it is said that misuse will respond in termination. If the captain had received a message from the gods/centcomm to the measure of “Cut it out” then I feel like it’s legit. But I admit to not being certain about this.

Overescalation is in full effect here. But first, wait to see what happens. HOS realizes his mistake, apologizes, clones, and considers it a lesson learned? A light bwoink. Make sure they’re dead? A pretty heavier bwoink. Although, the fact that it’s going to take a lot of shots for a kill, depending on the weapon, maybe makes this less justified. Either way, the murder was not valid. How the HOS responds to this determines serverity of punishment.

Oi, no rush. Answer this when ya are free to answer’em in a more definite way instead of rushing it. Or you want me to judge them with the answers you just gave?

SOMEDAY WE’LL GET ROBUST DETECTIVES THAT INVESTIGATE STUFF.

SOMEDAY.

1 Like

someday we’ll get detectives in general

5 Likes

I should be able to generate more thorough answers in about an hour and a half. But I don’t know if it’s admin policy to have the rules open when judging. Currently, I don’t have them open for the aforementioned reasons. I will let you decide on how to judge em.

I fully admit that I don’t know all that much about adminning, but I like to think I’m a quick study.

Also, Ogan, I think dets would be more willing to Det if you didn’t yoink the forensics scanner and did their job before they could do it.

as in, you having the rules open while judging these questions? That’s completely fine. Hell, it’s what you should be doing since you’ll be enforcing them together with your judgement in different situations.

Don’t worry, I didn’t know jackshit either. I did use to mod in some chatrooms and even a small minecraft server but t’s all.

Tbh we need more MRP based Admins but a few of your awnsers werent so good imo, I will give a +0,5 more questions could change this though.

Again, will do more advanced answers when I’m at a keyboard. I would ask what you didn’t like, but I wanna write the full answers before I get the “Correct” answers.

i’ll keep my 2 cents to myself until you make the full answers, then

Situation 1.
Space law dictates that the punishment for breaking and entering is about 2 minutes as a guideline. In addition, beyond the classic tider gear, do they have any reason to suspect the Assistant? If they IMMEDIATELY arrest and brig em without question, that’s very questionable. Truthfully, it’s technically IC, but very borderline. We should hold sec to a moderately higher standard. If, however, the bartender lies and he was effectively framed, then it’s IC.

Situation 2.
Gibbing is WAY too strong a punishment. It may be justified to have a centcomm message telling the cap to cut it the hell out, or maybe sending an Inspector or whatever. But the permanence of gibbing is way, WAY too strong.

Situation 3. It’s definitely a kinda boinkable offense, due to the time it takes and the fact that heads should be held to a higher standard than a random sec officer. I maintain that the actions afterward should determine the severity, but maybe a temp headban might be in order.

These are my final answers.
(edit: Feel free to tell me why I’m wrong.)

I just realized I should have listed the above as a reply to you. I think. I am unsure.

Hmmst.

Well;

1 is fine. It’s up to what they do with him. If they were to perma him for no reason then that’s a * bwoink * “what r u doin”.

2 is where it gets tricky. If you pray or use the comms console, you consent to adminbus, whether good or bad.
Personally I don’t flex that ‘rule’ too often, but I could see an admin gettin tired of Cap’s behavior and gibbing them. It would be valid. Also remember that when you use comms console to contact CC, there’s a warning about termination.

3 is fine, though a secban would be more appropiate rather than flat out headban imo.

Solid answers, I slap a +2

I see those answers fitting. +1

I was thinking more head of sec, but a general secban DOES seem to be better.

Changing my vote to +1.5 we need more mrp admins and the awnsers are solid. We really need people in mrp doe…

Going to throw a +1.5 because good answers.