Marhmellow10 Report

In-game misconduct: I, as security officer, was chasing a heretic down a hallway. Due to my unrobustness, said heretic succeeded in incapacitating me. It was at this time that Icelita Uruma, chief engineer arrives. I fully die from critical, and the CE stares on as the heretic begins to behead my corpse. The CE takes issue with my beheading, and here is a short transcript of what was said between the CE and the heretic:

Icelita Uruma flutters, “Hey.”
Icelita Uruma flutters, “Sooooo.”
Icelita Uruma flutters, “Like.”
Icelita Uruma flutters, “Their just doing their job yknow.”

Haum Duke (Visibly bloody and armed heretic) says, “So am I.”

Haum Duke tears you in the head with the rusted blade!

Icelita Uruma flutters, “Yeah but.”
Icelita Uruma flutters, “Beheading them.”
Icelita Uruma flutters, “Seems a bit overkill.”

As I was dead at the time, I could not see the CE reporting my death and subsequent beheading to security at all, no warning of any kind left the CE’s mouth to warn the station, until AFTER the heretic had dragged me away into maint. This whole thing lasted about a minute and a half to two.

I reported this to admins, as surely a head of staff failing to report a dying security officer over the radio, especially one still in the process of dying on their arrival to the scene, might warrant some kind of looking into the issue?

Unfortunately the admin did not take my side at all on this, and kept on saying a number of factually incorrect things to try and shut me down as quickly as possible. It honestly felt like I was arguing with the CE, and not the admin.

I’d go into greater detail (especially if asked) but it’s 1am and I have plans tomorrow.

I did not record the admin says that were sent to me, but I do have the round ID

RoundID 47430

CKEY: darkfnc

Your Discord: darkfnc#4083

Offender’s CKEY: Marshmellow10

Offender’s In-Game Name (if relevant): unknown if CE was the admin

Date (YYYY-MM-DD): 21/01/2024

Round Number: 47430

1 Like

Important to note that from what I saw the CE was attempting to talk down the heretic from murdering and round removing you.

They also informed people of what was happening before you were taken into maintenance.

Not to mention they even later apologised for not getting involved, if I remember correctly telling you something along the lines of they were scared or it wasnt worth it.

I completely understand the frustration of someone seeing you getting murdered, but not only were they roleplaying with the killer and trying to reasonably get them to spare you, they also called for help.

Also, for the record, the CE was not the admin. I was observing.

8 Likes

The CE made no attempt to talk down the heretic from murder, though your point on round removal is likely what he was trying.

Him warning security about me being dead, before being dragged into maint, is a bit if an oversell there. The heretic and my corpse were a few seconds from entering the door to maint before the CE said absolutely anything about my situation over the radio. This was far too much time after the CE spotted me being killed.

The CE also only began pleading for my life AFTER I was dead, and the only thing he was doing was lightly asking the heretic to stop beheading me.

All I wanted was for the CE, as a head of station, to be asked not to just stand there and watch a security officer dying / being beheaded, but maybe get on the radio in the first instance to report an armed and dangerous man commiting murder in the halls. This staff report exists because of how how quickly you shut me down, while using simply untrue facts to justify closing the ticket.

I don’t know how to go through round logs, if someone could give me pointers on how to do that it would be great, otherwise, could someone go through these logs on my behalf?

Also, did you communicate with the CE in question… at all? Because from the way you were talking to me in the ticket, I felt that I was just getting brushed off.

Also, just to reiterate, not worried about the CE not wading in to save me, they are OK to not get physically involved, I was just wanting them to use their radio.

Yes, because from what I observed on my end while Marsh was doing the ticket, you were just plain wrong here.

But we could tell from how you were expressing yourself in the ticket that you would never ever let this go.

In what ways was I plain wrong?

Could you also back your points up with logs?

Would be happy to back up mine with logs too if I could be shown how to access round logs

Also, a quick “We’ve talked to them and decided that while he may have been able to use radio sooner, his actions were justifiable”

Or I don’t know maybe a:

“I’ve mentioned to him he could have used his radio a bit earlier, I consider this matter closed”

Would have been more than sufficient to close the adminhelp.

Instead what I received was something along the lines of
“I can’t see how anything you’re saying is valid, bye”

:confused:

Alrighty, now this report is extremely minor.

But, I agree with what DarkFNC is saying here. It is extremely frustrating to be killed in a public hallways all the while people that witness it or stand around just do nothing.

As a security officer your death at the hands of an antagonist gives said antagonist a pretty sizeable advantage.
The CE did call out the murder, but only after the antagonist had already disappeared into maintenance with the dead secoff.

I wouldn’t have noted/bonked the CE, but told them that telling at least someone that a security officer is just being murdered would be the sensible and right thing to do.
The antag willingly takes the risk of being called out by murdering someone in the public hallways.

Again, this is extremely minor but as it stands, I agree with the point of the report. The CE should’ve acted instead of waiting until the heretic had already disappeared into maintenance with the body.

Thank you for the report!