Making Voxel stuff, WHERE DEM FUGGIN SPRITES!

hey so, I’ve started work on making some Voxel models based off the sprites, Currently I’ve got a start on the explorer’s jumpsuit and a full moth head

Long term goal is: Make sprites of the three common species in Explorer, Greytide Assistant, ShitSec and Casual wear, poseable and made with special render settings in MagicaVoxel

Currently, I CAN just set the game to 1:1 for sprites and screen shot them, but that takes really fraggin long cause I’d have to make 3 or maybe even 4 characters (because IPC bros) and then perhaps even cycle through two jobs, which would probably take around an hour to do.

HOWEVER, for the sake of speed and accuracy, just having the dmi. Files to convert to PNG would be just freaking awesome because I could get more of of the sprites, expand the goal to most of the departments and species and all in all have a less monotonous experience.

CHEERS BEESTATION! I’ll see you later! Maybe even on this thread.

3 Likes

emoji
I like it

1 Like

All of our DMIs are in our github repo. However, carbon mobs are constructed piece-by-piece in the game’s overlay system, so you’d need to manually stitch together all the species in Dreammaker.

So can I get a link to that? because I am not code boi and cannot navigate that repo to save my life.

Click the big green Code button, and Download Zip.

Then, the dmis for bodyparts can be found in /icons/mob/human_parts.dmi & icons/mob/human_parts_greyscale.dmi

1 Like

Thanks!
can’t wait to tear into this and put out some models.
First, Moth miner, next, uh…
Actually I haven’t gotten that far planning wise, but I guess I’ll take requests.

1 Like

Apid Research Director

2020202020 this is a full sentence, i promise

3 Likes

^
I too support our singular resident apid player.

2 Likes

you think I could get some details? I plan on naming the model after the IC, which one works between Martin spes and Solistice?

Use Martin Buzz, as solistice is just my mimo name

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.