Makes certain jobs les slikely to be antag

I am talkign about the detective , brig physician , shaft miner and explorer.
what do you think about this?

4 Likes

If you do that you’ll probably see miner and explo pop drop a lot, since miners and explo are the most likely to be big gamers

1 Like

they are also msotly off station and if people only play a job to get antag in it thats kinda bad isnt it?

3 Likes

I only play det to be an antag with sec gear.

antag is decided before job anyways, so this would be easier said than done

I’d encourage Command who are always non-antag fucking do their job and keep tabs on people! Someone does jackshite? Give 'em an warning and fire 'em if they keep doing!

2 Likes

I don’t know what this is supposed to accomplish. Either a job can roll antag or it can’t. It wont stop people from antag rolling even if the chance is lowered. Instead of this bandaid solution we can try instead to balance them so they aren’t as OP as antags (like not letting dets print at the seclathe).

1 Like

my intend is more for the off station roles to still be able to be antag but less likely so because wlel they are not where most of the palyers are and for the security thats they are not fully “safe” but still a possible threat but not as often (cough det cough)
and yes it is sorta a bandaid solution in theory , but we lack the coding power to in a reasonable timeframe make these roles not as you discribed op

1 Like

And it is annoyingly obvious antag behaviour to be on the station as a miner or explorer. ESPECIALLY WHEN HALF THE STATION IS SCREAMING AT THE MINERS TO MINE FASTER! lol

Detective is the only job I think it shouldn’t roll antag.

At least as explorer the solution is simply to get your desired amount of explo gamer loot then team up with an assassin target to fake a sabotage of the shuttle and then “can’t do missions if shuttles toast”. Miner I guess you could do similar with megafauna to mining base or something if you had an escape plan.

1 Like

You could also just reassign yourself. I’ve walked up to HoP once and said “I had some paper work issues with CC and was wrongly made an Explorer, I was meant to work here as an RD.”, HoP gave me RD and didn’t even specify acting. :wink:

Easy cultist round. :stuck_out_tongue:

That too if you want the RD access, I just enjoy vortex rifles too much to give up the explo job

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.