LRP is for joke names chaotic fun

The admins are trying to get the easy way out of the divide between mrp and lrp by tightening rules instead of actually doing what matters like stopping shitters. Instead of being more strict, they should actually THINK about the repercussions of their bans. What they are doing right now with Nick Dorito is just proof of that. They think getting rid of names like that will help but in actuality, it won’t do jack shit. They need to listen to the players and adjust the rules accordingly but not to the point where shitters decide the rules like with council.
Edit: If any of you admins truly care about the player base then please listen to them.

4 Likes

Will I get a ban if name myself Chad Cock then? Both first name and last name are real in terms that they are human and existed in real life.

5 Likes

Naming conventions are the perfect example of what’s wrong with mrp. Absolutely arbitrary rules that only serve to stifle actual creativity so would be dictators can get their power fix

3 Likes

Tightening enforcement of RP on the RP server is something that has needed to happen for a while. We already have a server for non-RP shenanigans and I don’t really understand the complaint that we shouldn’t be stopping you from doing something when the goal is making you do it on the server that allows it.

Yes you will.

1 Like

Ruko did you even read the entirety of my post up there? or are you only focusing on that part.

we should also remember why hippie died as its a great example of what not to do in regards of server administration

• player input ignored for extended periods/unwanted change or no change in some regards (murderboners/tiders unhinged)

• genuine hostility and disrespect from admins to players and bans no one agreed with literally this shit

• big community members/regulars giving up hope due to hostility (this shit should be taken far more seriously imo)

• not banning people who were actual issues (futur)

if you wanna read it all for yourself there are tons of hippie posts complaining about it and admin reports against hostile and disrespectful admins that went unresolved

2 Likes

Honestly, fair.
Still I kinda play devil advocate here but It just feels like you’re trying too hard to enfore one side of RP to MRP. Naming is especially feels like HRP when aplied to something as tame as Dorito, especially when he is an established player who actually is good in terms of RP and interaction with other people around the station.
Prosecuting people with completely nutcase names is a good thing but this is aint it man.

4 Likes

I responded to the post as a whole but only quoted a part of it. Banning names does not combat shitters, but your post seems to act like banning names and banning shitters are somehow mutually exclusive.

This is part of why the name was left for so long, enforcing against it specifically felt too strict. Again, I’d like to remind you that Ung Glob was also considered a good name until this point in time.

1 Like

Ung wasn’t banned for his name tho. he was banned for separate reasons. I feel like nick should be given another chance and a note at the very least.

I’m not sure. I don’t think I saw anyone defending name Ung Glob in game or on forum though I might be mistaken. We never really got to the point when Ung was banned for the name and I really doubt it would cause same reaction as to Nicks ban. These are two completely separate cases in both playstyle/ (Ung always had LRP vibe even though I liked interacting with him) and naming.
Forcing someone to change a name after he used it for so long hurts a lot. A LOT. Especially when it’s not completely redundunt. It just feels way over the head.

He was about to be banned/warned for his name in addition to the ban for the report. I decided to make the report ban permanent for the reason stated in the report, and after discussion with admins.

Initially I was going to temp ban for report + discuss his name with him, but he was doing so much bad in the current round on top of the report and his past record that the name ban would have been moot compared to a permanent MRP ban.

1 Like

thanks for the clarity

Would you name your child Dorito?

Would you?

I’m not alone when I say MRP is more or less LRP. That’s what it is, I can’t even lie anymore. Nobody’s asking for a crazy immersive experience, just a server where you can RP without the constant threat of metagaming security, tiders and self-antaggers. Yes, antagonists will still be a thing. No, it’s not HRP. I’m not asking for HRP, I’m asking for you guys to take a step back ad look at what you’re doing. You’re rioting over a dorito. If you want names like Nick Dorito, please just go to Golden, you’ll stop both the “Golden dead” problem and actually get the Spessman fill you want.

Those of you who agree with the naming policy and actually wish to play MRP can play on Sage.

For the love of god, if you don’t like MRP, just play on LRP. It’s one different click.

1 Like

I found it humoring that you are your answer implies that removing a spaceman named Dorito will magically make server more MRP. People with casual names will only do casual shit, sure.

this quote defines state of things today. Why listen to the community when you can JUST?
Без названия (1)

1 Like

This alone makes no difference, but if the staff team does enforce the naming policy a bit more, we’ll be a bit closer to true MRP.

And yes, you know I’m right there. If you don’t like MRP, play on LRP. It’s that simple. There’s a fine line between community input and attempting to turn sage onto an LRP server.

…play on the server that already exists for the express purpose of the things that are too silly for Sage? Instead of fighting tooth and nail to continue to allow something that never should have progressed to the point it did?

As a player, Nick was fine. This was only supposed to be a fix on his name (and many others). The first of many steps to return MRP to what it was and is supposed to be.

I don’t really care LRP or MRP as long as there are people to interact with or observe. Hell, I would happily play LRP (as I miss ssethtide days dearly) but I also enjoy when there are more than 10 people online. And making me 11th won’t change things. So I play MRP and that’s why I am one of those who tries to argue the changes that don’t really make sense to me personally, on MRP.

If you go to sage and play like you’re on Golden, you’ll be banned from Sage. Simple as that.

If you want to play on golden but go to sage just because it has people, unless you’re adapting your play style, you are and have been part of the problem.

You’re partially right, alone you do not. But if everyone who had troubles with the naming policy, powergaming rules, and general RP restrictions went at once, the problem for both servers is solved.

Instead MRP has been gradually pushed further and further away from the quiet server that enjoyed greenshifts, could have everyone know who the antag is but play along with their gimmick anyway, that could actually work together on large projects led by a captain.

My playstyle is the same as it was since I joined and I had like 1 note since the last year so unless you meant your first paragraph to everyone, you’ve missed your shot. It’s not about MY playstyle that I miss, It’s about the overall chaotic atmosphere of randomness.

Big doubt that it would actually fix things but I see your point.

Edit2. I just want everyone to be happy and just enjoy the game. And it did hurt me to see the server lose a regular over something admins like @anon64574651 deem unimportant/childish, when it clearly matters to them AND a lot of people on the forums. That’s why I argue so much.