Little Beestation Gadget

Hi! Just making a post to share a little gadget I’ve created, it’s a ESP8266 Mini with a OLED Screen that reports the stats of the server

The code is pretty simple, it just does a request to the Beestation api and parses the data, showing in the screen a few details, as you can see I currently have it on a breadboard, and I’m using some foam I had laying around as a base, but I’ll get a case printed and update this post

If anyone wants to do this, here is the code: Beestation13 API little gadget · GitHub

And if you have any questions or need help, just let me know!

28 Likes

Now hook it up to your alarm clock! :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Now make beestation real pls.

This is insanely cool btw

Also pls expose keyboard because me like that look :eyes:

crunchy keyboard nice

I see some unused vars, like “int bunkered = doc[“bunkered”];” or float time_dilation_avg = doc[“time_dilation_avg”];

Do you need to pull them off the API because of a quirck, or is it something you planned to use and in the end didn’t?

I just pulled everything stats gives you before I had the screen part done lmao

1 Like

Got a case for the little Gadget, I have to glue the screen to the front but, it’s kinda done

12 Likes

Update, the gadget just died :slight_smile:

7 Likes

How!!?? :tragedy: 15chars

No idea, but unplugging it for 1 hour and plugging it back in fixed the problem!

2 Likes

Hi! I’m working on the Little Beestation Gadget V2
It now features a bigger screen 3,5" and 480X320 resolution it also has colors!

It currently checks the same information the older one did + Forum Stats, currently Player Reports that are open and Forum Unread Notifications! I’ll add some more stuff and then try to make the UI prettier

I’ll finally 3D print a new case!

There is also a progress bar (It currently shows when it will do the next api request) and the progress bar has the current Station Alarm Color!

4 Likes

Speaker that will make the green/blue/red alert sounds when?

1 Like

Thats the next step for v2 yeah

1 Like

this so actually awesome

1 Like

So… V2 wiring is done, totally out the Breadboard, i’m really a beginner with this stuff, so I struggled a bit wiring TWO cables to the same pin, but now I have a monster under a Heat Wrap and I’m printing a 3d Case for it!

I’d love some suggestions for stuff that I could display on the screen tbh, I have a lot of Real State, I currently have:

From the game:

• Map
  • Players
  • Duration
  • Admins Online
  • Security Level
  • Shuttle time

From the forums:

• Notifications
  • Player Reports open

Ban appeals open would be good too.

2 Likes

Ooc chat maybe?

That’d be cool, but I don’t think I can’t do that… :"(
It’s not something that works with the normal API, it’s a Discord integration thing

Awwww sad, very sad

1 Like

Hmm what about showing if the current round has the most amount of players that day!