Lavaland Migration Events

You know how lavaland is static, boring and nothing really changes? What if we had events specific to lavaland that would spice things up?

There should be 3 types of events split in different categories. Maybe, each necrotendril increases the chance of these occurrences, and killing bosses/ashlander tendrils and blowing up the syndie base could incrase the rate they occur and the threat.

Regular Events (most common ones that provide moderate threat and plenty of loot)

• Goliath Migration - a few goliath herds (and babies) appear on lavaland
  • Legion Roars - a terrific roar that calls nearby legions to aid Legion. Spawns some legion mobs
  • Ocular Anomaly - a bunch of Watchers spawn. And eye organs appear all across lavaland
  • Dragonhoard - spawns an ash drake on top of a lot of gold/diamonds
  • Slime Rain - a somewhat rare event that causes some T0-T2 slimes to spawn in lavaland and a few T3+ ones as well

Hazardous Events (rarer spawns with more mobs or shitty loot)

• Blood Screams - spawns a few drunk miners on lavaland. People on lavaland hear something like “a sinister scream echoes off the stone walls”.
  • Jungle Takeover - a kudzu core guarded by maneaters spawn somewhere on lavaland
  • Arctic Breeze - the air in lavaland becomes a bit cool and a bunch Undead Eskimos spawn in lavaland
  • Syndicate Reinforcement - a lot of hostile syndie mobs spawn on lavaland

Bizzare Occurences (ultra rare memespawns)

• Clowns - clown mobs and honkmother spawns flood lavaland
  • Spatial Anomaly - Spawns random xenobio mobs, like animated crates, pinetrees, geese, poles, etc.
  • Russian Invasion - Russian mobs and combat bears spawn in lavaland.
  • Planet of the Apes - a large number of monkeys spawn in habitable tiles in lavaland.
4 Likes

this sounds pretty cool, espieaclly the dragon hoard one

More lavaland stuff is always pog. But what would be even better is if the ai disk actually spawns >:(

I love this idea! If the migrations happen frequently then that might also solve the problem I’m having as an Ashwalker regarding the lack of resources for the tribe.
I do have some problems with the idea like the amount of hostile mobs that spawn. How will Ashwalkers, doctors and hermits move around the wastes when it gets invaded by syndies, kudzu or other stuff?

I feel like a base should be set up somewhere rather than having hostiles dotting the landscape
Maybe have the dragon land on rocks and it carves out a den so that it doesn’t land on top of a base. or the only path out of a lava island that a Lavaland role happens to be on.

I do like the ideas though!

You mean the combat upgrade disk? That’s in the Ashwalker’s storage area.

simple, make it so it only spawns in lavaland wastes, one can simply make a new area using sandstone doors so bases dont get comprimised, and possibly make it so that it cant spawn near a base?

1 Like

And also maybe checks if it’s near a player so it doesn’t drop on top of him or in it’s line of sight.

yeah and also checks if theres already too many? like if no goliaths got killed no goliath migration? and stuff like that?

also if kudzu can break trough rock it will be op

yeah I meant the ashwalkers very rarely seem to spawn so there’s never a disk

Keep in mind that stuff like syndie mobs or clowns will die to the first ashstorm that comes their way

Still works; you can wait out dangerous mobs out.