Ban Type:
Note
Ban Length:
Infinite
Ban Date (YYYY/MM/DD/):
09-04-2021
Round ID:
Ban Reason:
As botanist, wordlessly re-arranged the botanical department and pointedly ignored their coworkers’ protests (and also just ignored them entirely). Minimal attempts to RP were made and this prompted their coworker to attack them.
Appeal Reason:
The note distorts the events and paints me as the aggressor, is untrue and attempts to justify the rule-breaking behavior of other players towards me.
Additional Information:
The only IC chat communication between the 3 people involved (2 wordlessly cooperating same-dressed botanists) was one of them screaming at me twice prior to a murder attempt. I am not at fault for not talking to someone that doesn’t initiate talking with me. There were no protests of rearrengement that I’ve seen, 2 botanical trays were moved into a different position.

None of the above is a valid prompt for attack.

All of this could have been avoided if I had simply not been shown this false retelling, as it lead me to believe I had broken some game rule and the situation was my fault. Since admin conduct says that notes about player behavior that break rules should be made visible.

4 Likes

The botanists in question were investigated and their actions were handled. Yes, they overescalated.
You still made very little effort to roleplay that round and I believe the note should remain.
The note does not somehow justify another player’s behavior.

Notes exist as a form of recordkeeping, not as a punishment.

Denied.