Kitkatzz banned by winterdarkraven

Law 3- protect yourself by any means necessary while still following first two laws. Zane was only crew.

It’s not that hard admemes. He was literally following laws and acting as he should of

2 Likes

Plasmaflooding the station without direct orders to has a good chance (or at least confirming it with your subverter) has a good chance to harm your subverter.

While true, it wasn’t even directly their fault. This is like banning atmos when other people break the windows used to hold fusion

2 Likes

zane was fine. and i knew he would be. he had a space suit and was mostly chillin in space with 2 of my borgs

if he was fine why plasmaflood without orders to? Did you have assassination laws or protection laws?

i had the law to protect zane from danger therefore sec who knew that he was a heretic and where gunning for him considering he was the last heretic left.
i had the law to pretect myself and therefore zane from sec who at this point surely knew i was malf
and i had a command to kill 2 sec officers located in hevily populated brig.
3 birds 1 stone.

3 Likes

No. This is like banning an atmos tech that released fusion to kill three people.

I have to add that I was a ghosting this round(After a failed BSA attack on the AI),
And I did notice that AI only targeted specific people and didn’t shock or bolt doors

HOLD ON I WAS INFORMED THAT THIS WAS A JOB BAN NOT A SERVER BAN.
i am banned from sage.

1 Like

per crewsimov or asimov, your goal isn’t to achieve the path of least harm. your goal is to do nothing that would cause harm to the crew through action or inaction. if crew get harmed either way, then you start picking ways to get them to safety (such as dragging a person in crit through a breached area if you think you can get them treated before they bleed out).

by laws, i think this is okay. AI had borgs around Zane to track him and make sure he could sac targets just by them bringing corpses to him, so Zane did not have to be subjected to any burning areas. plasma is one of the only good options the AI has to defend Zane, itself, and its borgs, so it can afford to circumvent law 2 due to law 1 priorities to eliminate his enemies.

problem comes when you consider server rules, not AI laws. this is like purge-lawed AI’s killing people who haven’t done anything to them, it’s not proper escalation at all. if you’d restricted your plasmaburn to security (which is already hard to do b/c of how distro works), it would’ve been fine. flooding west hallway, also fine since it was by zane’s request. flooding science just in case people tried to access the RD office, though, plus flooding other unrelated areas is not fine.

theese are in fact the only areas i actively flooded. i had no interest/reason/spare plasma to waste on anything else.

so, let me tell you how distro works.

most vents around the station are set, by default, to ~101kPa, external mode. that means that when they detect the air around them is below 101kPa, they push out whatever is in their pipe into the air until it reaches 101kPa, then they shut off. even if you only intentionally fiddled with the air alarms around those areas, plasma would still be going to areas with below 101kPa, such as places that got a bit cold or breached or what-have-you. this is why plasmaflooding is a terribly unselective method, especially on a long round where there would be plenty of atmos fluctuations: you just can’t control it from doing collateral damage, and unless you seriously restrict the amount of plasma flowing into the distro loop, there will be enough to seriously damage random zones.

it’s just bad business to be doing as an AI without explicit “murder everyone” orders. i recommend using CO2 first, because all scrubbers around the station are naturally set to scrub CO2, most people don’t notice it, it has higher heat capacity, and it’s infinitely more subtle. your collateral damage will shoot way down, and if it’s not enough, you can try a selective plasma burn with the knowledge that the CO2 will help choke fires in areas you’re not targeting.

initaly i wasnt even going to atmos flood i was going to holoflood. using the holodeck a selective sec only flood. but the plasma didnt go as far as usual and i had to plasmaflood in a panic because 90% of angry sec remained 100% sure i was malf and HOS was giving the ION cannon some funny looks. and then everything else happened in a blur.

You had both, you got a longer job ban and a shorter server ban
(Bans are public at, BeeStation - Bans, https://centcom.melonmesa.com/, and by doing ?centcom [ckey] on the discord)

Ban is over later today and I’m pretty sure this ban appeal isn’t going anywhere… denied?

That isn’t for you to decide.

2 Likes

well. the ban IS over

Yes but you can still get the note removed.