Offender’s CKEY: killermankey

Offender’s In-Game Name: Robert McSteel

Server (Sage or Acacia): Sage

Date (MM-DD-YYYY): 12/14/2022

Round Number: 41807

Rules Broken: R1, You must Roleplay, R12 Head of Staff Conduct, R14 Metagaming

Incident Description: As Acting CE, did the following things:

1. R14 / ICKy OCKy
  2. Fully staffed security department, plus RD, plus robo. Ended up resyncing both borgs in engineering.

1. To be fair, the SM bug is annoying, but this is a different level.

Surprise surprise, the SM did not go singulo because it didn’t have enough mols to do so.

R1, Tesla construction started right about the crew transfer vote. Wanted to turn it on before EORG I believe, but was disabled by the sillycons, both the end and the Engineering APC.

4 Likes

I don’t believe Head of Staff Conduct applies here since he was promoted, but still is not excuse for trying to release a tesla, even a clown can be ban for releasing the tesla.
Wait he wanted to release after the shuttle leave, then I think it is fine.

1 Like

I’m decently sure he sought out Acting CE status, because I saw them book it to the HoP line, so I feel like that’s like late joining CE. I believe they have a currently active Head of Staff ban on Bee currently.

I get wanting to release the Tesla after round end, but this was not after round end. The shuttle had just docked at the point of the screenshot. The SM chamber was mostly destroyed due to the SM explosion, so there was space in there to build it in a “secure” location, and not obviously in the lobby. If they had built the PA in the SM chamber, and then went “whelp, can’t finish this, Tesloose”, fine, whatever, but this was obviously constructed in a way that doesn’t fit R1:

"You must roleplay. You're a professional working for a major corporation. Act like you want to keep your job. Roleplaying insanity or any other mental illness as an excuse to bypass this is not allowed. Nanotrasen would not have hired you in the first place."

There was not an attempt to clear enough space to fit the field gens, coils and rods in the area, so this was obviously constructed purely for EORG, which I believe has been called under powergaming in the past, but I wouldn’t call this powergaming.

If you want to tesloose after EORG, just build the tesla normally, turn off the emitters and unsecure a few coils/rods. It’ll go quite quickly.

2 Likes

EORG does not begin when the shuttle leaves. It begins when the round ends.

3 Likes

SM singulo has been disabled temporarily due to the instability. It probably would’ve gone singulo if the bug actually caused the delam.

Taking a role’s title and access would ICly give you their responsibility as well.

Just as a head renaming themselves to “Acting Captain” has to follow the appropriate role intricacies of captain, an acting engineer taking the role of “Acting Chief Engineer” must do the same for their mantle.

6 Likes

Right so I just saw this. Better give my side of the story.

1. Yeah. Icky ocky.

2. I was told earlier that the damn robo was unsyncing the borgs, 1 borg even talked about the robo not locking his cover when I was doing it. I was under the suspicion that robo was doing bad stuff to the borgs. why the fuck would I go ask the robo to reset them? They were right next to me so mind as well do it then instead of letting them have the chance to escape.

3.1? (going with that) whats wrong with that? I saw him get kidnapped infront of my eyes by abductors.

3.2 When I saw the SM magicaly gaining oxygen I assumed it was the bug occuring. Thats how it happened the last 2 times. and literaly spacing and flushing the sm wasnt working.

3.R1. and going into marvin’s quote of “There was not an attempt to clear enough space to fit the field gens, coils and rods in the area, so this was obviously constructed purely for EORG, which I believe has been called under powergaming in the past, but I wouldn’t call this powergaming.” in the comments.

I was going to get the Tesla up as a backup power generator. I was disasembling the remains of the sm chamber after it exploded if you checked the logs. On a side note I didnt even turn it on after shuttle had left. I was trying to time it for the shuttle to be mostly there by the time it spawned. Which technicaly is still before EORG but at the same time would have cause minimal problems since it was only 10 or so seconds. Yeah I put the PA in a stupid spot but At that point in the round I knew nobody else was in engineering spare the borg which I told multiple times to leave so they wont kill themselves.

I hate that I dont get emails or anything for reports. First being falsly accused as round ruiner and now this.

Edit. Changed abit in my part about the tesloose grief

1 Like

Because you’re not a roboticist? How exactly does an engineer know how the innerworkings of cyborgs work?

Okay? Once again, unless you saw them drop their disguise, how did you know it was Abductors as an engineer? Also ‘fucking butt fucking’ isn’t the best way to phrase that.

For 3.2 I’d say that was actually a pretty good way of handling things ICly.

That’s still EORG prep, doesn’t make sense ICly for you to prepare for the station to be destroyed for no reason.

1 Like

I saw them drop their disguise cause I caught both scientist and other guy (forgot name) on the ground trying to kidnap my atmos tech. Yeah I’ll have to admit it was pretty much eorg prep.

1 Like

There’s currently another report open here if you’d like to respond.

Alrighty, sorry for the delay.

Your behavior here demonstrates a lack of roleplay that seems to have a problem in the past for you as well. You even recognize that you were specifically performing actions that would absolutely be against our rules.
I’d really like to see you work on this if you’d like to keep playing here.

I will be escalating this ban due to your most recent ban for LRP behavior.
I hope that your mindset has improved when you return.

Report accepted.