CKEY: SpaceButerfly

Your Discord: Space_Butterfly#5618

Offender’s CKEY: Kenny Badrige

Offender’s In-Game Name: Kenny Ridge

Server (Sage or Acacia): Sage

Date (MM-DD-YYYY): 15/04/22

Round Number: 37418

Rules Broken: 9, 1, 3?

Incident Description: Sec Officer saw there were no heads on station and so acquired captains ID from somewhere he then proceeded to set up a “military dictatorship” and act as a tyrant. He started ordering QM (me) around at which point I said I don’t respect his authority as captain as i believe it was invalid he got a little touchy about that and left. He then came back and dropped off riot shotgun bounty and asked me to order new riot shotguns which I complied with. However he didn’t like that I kept the third shotgun from him and accused me of stealing. I replied that they came from cargo budget and that I replaced the two he gave to me already. He then beat me with stun baton and stripped my headset whilst cuffing me, after this he dragged me to security to ask me where the third shotgun was. When I wouldn’t tell him he got pissed off at me and so decided to gulag me. Down on lavaland there were xenos in the hallway between the cell block and the rest of mining who had destroyed the sec bot there and when I arrived they killed me also.

Additional Information: He also killed an assistant and then told other sec officers they were a ling when they were not even an antagonist. Assistants name was Casey Edwards and their CKEY was Mick1299.

hello, kenny here. I took over as captain after hos decided to leave without giving anyone access. I made sure that power was setup and we actually gained money in the budget. To which extent i brought 2 riot shotguns for a 15k bounty. And all i requested in return is another crate to replace them. All the while you were being difficult for no reason whatsoever. You stole a shotgun, refused to tell where it is or give it back. I gulag’d you’d as a result of that and insubordination.

As for the assistant. I goof’d slightly. I wanted to do a threat to play into the gimmick. After arresting them i thought they got cuffed by my officer. After taking them in i talked to them tried to get them to stop being a rebel via coersion. When they resisted, i thought they broke they melted their cuffs as as there was ash on the ground which I later found out it was from the cigarette they we’re smoking. I apologized for that after the game. But in the round it was too late to save them.

I didnt know gulag was inffected with xenos.
And in my defense. I did roleplay, did my job. You decided to oppose it. which is fine, but you also got IC consequences.

1 Like

you didnt answer my question. I’ll just wait for an admin to take a look at this. And im pretty sure there was an admin at the time

1 Like

There were no staff online only mentors I know this because I ahelped got no response and even did an @adminhelp ping in discord to no avail.

https: //discord .com/channels/427337870844362753/801432004058939422/964509337957597184

(remove spaces around //discord)

I didn’t steal the shotgun it was purchased with cargo budget as you refused to use security budget. You gave me two shotguns and I replaced those so we were even. Cargo often buys guns from centcom and security doesn’t make trouble as long as its not excessive. As for the gun in question it was in the QM’s locker which was left unlocked and you could have even bothered looking for which you didn’t as it was still there at the end of the round.

As for insubordination you were illegitimate and had no authority so how could I be insubordinate.

don’t mean to peanut but the thing that concerns me most from this is the HOS deciding to upload a less wordy version of T.Y.R.A.N.T. to the AI

you know

the lawset that’s considered grief and is against the rules to upload due to encouraging crew to kill eachother and incentivizing the AI to help antagonists

1 Like

i assumed there was an admin i recieved a subtle pm saying “bazinga”

And yes it is stealing. cargo budget =/= cargo ownership. I even payed for it with a 15k bount while the shotgun crate cost 4k. You were being needlesly difficult, which is fine if you want to do IC rebel. But expect IC consequence.

Also just out of curiosity? Who did have the legitimate claim to captain, in your opinion?

1 Like

Hi, AI here.

You didn’t ask me to open anything. You snuck in under maints.

you opened the windoor? and then the second windoor?

1 Like

Okay, my memory might be shit. I genuinely can’t recall it either way. I definitely could have opened it and didn’t realise it was you until you took the ID. AI brain opening doors whenever they’re told is surprisingly a thing. Have to see logs for that I guess.

Anyway, there’s nothing on the wiki that says sec offs are entitled to be Captain after HOS cryos. The Quartermaster had as much of a claim due to being higher on the chain of command.

again, The qm is not higher in the chain of command.

https://wiki.beestation13.com/view/Chain_of_Command

Stop posting the game code. That is not how Chain of Command works. All heads can be captain. If they where the warden and HoS left they can become the HoS. If there is no captain they can become the captain. If there was no HoP then QM can become HoP and then captain. The HoP is next in line usually. This is not a rule however.

I wish cargo player would get it through their skull that there is no cargo budget or security budget. It’s all station money. You don’t own anything. And even if you bought it with your own money you have now committed a mayor crime. You where not accused you literally did it.

2 Likes

also as an addon to anyone else who might be reading this thread in the future.
https://wiki.beestation13.com/view/Chain_of_Command

This is not a moderated page and can not be used in IC nor OOC. Moderated pages have a note at the top saying they are.
Such as the ones on the rules

or the one on the space law wiki

2 Likes

That is exactly what I mean. It’s not a moderated page like the rule or contraband page. I will also say that the gulag is usually bad form. I know it’s allowed but it’s bugged on some maps and there is a big difference between siting in cell for 10 minutes vs being forced to play miner.

Regardless of acting Captain legitimacy, being acting Head of Security seems very straightforward to observe in this situation in the absence of any HoS/Warden.

But to be honest that’s still irrelevant because that authority isn’t needed to make an arrest for breaking Space Law. QM doesn’t have a weapon’s license and in the absence of a major threat doesn’t have a reasonable excuse for keeping a ballistic weapon.

3 Likes

It’s also against SOP to abandon prisoners during evac, which is exactly what happened in this round to the QM.

1 Like

I didn’t even leave for evac. I missed the ETA cause of crew transfer way early

1 Like

Pretty sure that code assigns the spare id safe codes in the event of a lack of cap so im pretty sure thats the chain.

Both sides have had a fair amount of input here. Thread seems to be devolving into a discussion which is only tangentially related to what happened.
This will be dealt with soon via logs.

7 Likes