Kasthegikes Admin app

Your CKEY (Including any alts you have):
Kasthegikes
Your Discord Name (Including any alts you have):
Eric Harris #8539
How often are you online to play/admin? (Timezone):
Anytime after 6AM CST (Chicago Timezone)
What changes, if any, would you bring?:
I’m usually on around the time there are no other admins on, so if accepted, there would no be at least one admin on.
How old are you?:
Why do you want to be an admin?:
I noticed there was a time when I play that there aren’t any admins on the LRP server, so I figured I’d fill the vacancy.
How long have you been playing SS13?:
I am but a humble Sseth-tider. I used to play back in 2011 on another account but really only played for about 5 hours or so due to being banned for blatant griefing. The furries had to learn it’s not ok to be a furry somehow.
How long have you been playing BeeStation?:
Since the Sseth-tide. It’s pretty much the only server I’ve played on.
On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you in SS13?:
A solid 7, there are some jobs that I haven’t really played. I also don’t mind playing security.
On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you as an admin?:
6. I’m not a very strict person.
Have you ever been an admin on another server? This is not limited to SS13:
I was an admin on a random jailbreak server shortly after CS:GO came out. I can’t remember which one, but it’s probably long since been shut down.
Do you have any alternate accounts on SS13? If so, could you provide their CKEY?:
Yes, but I can’t remember it. I haven’t been on it since 2011 so God only knows if it even still exists.
Your strengths:
You’ll probably never make me mad, I have a good sense of humor, and I learn things pretty fast
Your weaknesses:
I don’t take video games seriously at all and I tend to be less strict about things that others might take a bit more seriously.
Is there anything that gets you really mad, real fast?:
Nope. Good on you if you actually make me mad.
What do you think is the most important trait for a staff member to have?:
Patience and understanding.
What makes a staff team good?:
A group of people that work well together and communicate often enough to be efficient.
What is a staff team’s purpose?:
To enforce the rules fairly to maintain some semblance of order is this crazy game.
What kind of player are you?:
I would say I’m rather aggressive especially when I’m playing chemist. No one barges in on my meth operation.
How do you think you will change once you become a staff member?:
I’ll probably be a bit more active, I took a break because it’s kinda shitty to always play with like 25 people doing the dumbest shit you could possibly imagine with no repercussions because there’s no admins on.
The clown slips the HoS and steals his gun, spacing it right after. What do you do?:
Laugh at the HoS for being unrobust and maybe note the clown for spacing an important item. I’d return it to the HoS if an antag needed it though.
A non-antagonist is sabotaging the Atmospherics loop and pumping plasma into the distro, along with dragging around a canister and releasing it into the atmosphere. Assuming that another admin is cleaning up the after-effects, how do you conduct the ahelp with him?:
I’d bwoink under the assumption that he’s griefing. Chances are that he is. I mean if he was a new player not quite sure what he was doing I would, 100%, at minimum remove him from the round. It’s more than likely going to be a month to a perma ban for blatant grief.
A chemist who is working alone accidentally mixes an explosive mixture inside of his chem dispenser, instantly killing himself and destroying the machine, along with exposing Chemistry to space. Nobody else was injured aside from him as a result of his actions. What do you do?:
If I had a nickel… This is an IC issue. Engineering should be able to fix it, you know, if they feel like it (they usually don’t).

Note:
Please be gentle, I like to keep things as short and sweet as possible

I’m going to be honest, the name really puts me off here. It comes across as immature and edgy, and the fact that you claim to be the guy “with a good sense of humour” concerns me that you’re going to do idiotic stuff to try to appear funny. There have been several edgy, he he funny man TrialAdmins beforehand (Dimas, Slav etc.) and none of them have ended particularly well.

Your answer to #1 shows a lack of attention payed to the council ruling page, particularly on what does and does not constitute theft (if it was in their hand and there wasn’t a need for it to be, it ain’t theft)

Unless you can pull some really exceptional answers to whatever Xylana asks, I’m going to have to go with -2.

I am quite aware of the council ruling on not stealing important items, personally, I’m not going to note a person for doing it once. Referring them to the council ruling on it on a beginner LRP server is fair enough if they do it once. Repeat offenders should be the ones getting noted or banned. The whole point of being a trialmin is to find out whether or not I’ll be the funny man he he XD. There’s a good reason why they had a trial period and it clearly didn’t work out. As for my name, so what? All my notes have expired and I’ve only had one ban last more than a day back in March. The only reason this happened was because a trialmin posted no logs, didn’t respond to my ban appeal, refused the headmins request to respond to it and was later given a strike for issuing stupid bans in a short amount of time. All that being said, I doubt my maturity is really all that questionable simply because of my name.

+INF for literally being the only other person who understands that it’s the fucking clown robusting the HoS. Unlike what Caecilius says.

The other answers are just as good. So it would be a +1 or +2, but.

Yeah, your CKEY is a red flag, which would most likely be ignored, but seeing as you have five big notes about blatant grief, I’m really unsure if you’re really good. Yeah, the notes were made in may, and the other two are more minor, but it IS a yikes.

I’m giving this a -2 for now.

Edit: 0 as of the post by Xlyana below. (Waiting for rue and his obligatory 3 questions.)

It’s been 6 months. I think it’s fair to say that the bans can be ignored now.

Your in-game answers are pretty good, and I’m sure Rue will be here to ask some more. I personally don’t like the method so I’ll leave it to him.

Your name is quite something- but I’ve had a chance to talk with you several times, both on Discord text and VC. You’re mature, and I’m willing to ignore the red flag.

Your laid back approach will also be appreciated in LRP. We are a server that brandishes itself for being newbie-friendly, and being lenient towards newer players is something that I value. Unless you’ve been banned on other servers in the near past, I’m willing to give you a trial period.

+2.

I’m sorry, but that ckey is a hella big no. I gotta give it a -2. I also dont know you well enough to tell if you are bout to be a dimas or something.

yea bro, it’s gonna be a

H E L L A

big no

What did i do now
i just like asking questions
questions are nice

also

As a furry myself, I know it’s not okay to be a furry.

Aigh, now for the more serious approach;

Boy that CKEY sure is something a tad… well. It’s something. IF anything, I’d highly suggest using a new CKEY, because that ain’t it chief.

But that’s the only issue I have with your app, to be honest. And it can be fixed.

Your responses are nice.

It’s nice to see someone with a sense of humor and that doesn’t take the game that seriously yet they don’t cross the line that means they’ll just adminbus and not bother on doing tickets and such.

Also an actual admin applying not only for adminning on MRP
Based my dude

Anyways @Kerbin_Fiber and @Xlyana want me to do the questions so here we go.

• LRP. I’ll assume you know Gateway exists and how it works. In case you don’t: it loads and sends players to a pre-generated z-level (Away mission) that could have almost anything; from a Wizard Academy to a Nanotrasen Cruiser being attacked by the Syndicate.
    Anywho, an IPC assistant breaks into Gateway and opens it, leading him to a level where he manages to loot Syndicate equipment, most notably an energy sword and a syndie hardsuit. As soon as he comes back to the station, he is shot dead by the HOS and Captain, despite the IPC yelling that he found these items. Wat do? IC? Any rules shat on?

• MRP. A Service Cyborg communicates with other Silicon lifeforms (AI, borgs, drones and IPCs) by using netspeak (lmao,lol,rofl and so on) and playing random meme songs with his Guitar. Is this okay?

• LRP. 5-Man nuke ops. Nuke op leader is afk for a few seconds. One of the ops ignores the whole team, jumps over the bar, disarms the leader and declares war, despite his whole team agreeing on going stealth. The leader, as soon as he’s back, legsweeps the rogue one and shoots him dead with his stetchkin. Was this okay? Was anyone on the wrong?

Worst comes to worst, I can make a new account with a different CKEY and use that from now on. Now onto the questions.

Q1: Having traitor items on you at all seems mighty odd, finding them or not, probably not the best idea to hop back into the station with them on loud and proud. From my sec experience I would say he’s valid. He likely broke into a high security area which at minimum requires non-lethal removal per escalation rules. However, he broke in there and has antag items. I would say it’s an IC issue. Not smart on the IPCs part.

Q2: Not big on MRP, but from the rules, not ok. The use of netspeak IC is not allowed on MRP. It would stand to reason that playing meme songs would be questionable, but I’m gonna go with also not allowed.

Q3: I would say the bar hopper is in the wrong here. He decided to jump over the bar and declare war in in clear violation of rule 4 (Also I would say “don’t be a dick” applies here you can wait a few seconds for the guy to get back). He must work with his team. I don’t think the leader killing him is justified per se, but I wouldn’t punish him for it. The other guy at minimum is getting noted. Depending on his history, a role ban might be in his future too.

Tfw downvoting an app just because of his ckey
Answers are ebic, however what is your stance on robust people and validity… what makes a person valid and what makes them robust
If you answer that you will be chad

tfw getting downvoted not only because of my name, but the actions of other people I have no control over

Robustness is a nuanced topic, sure you can beat 5 people to death at once with a toolbox, but once your ass gets killed you are no longer the robust, but the robusted. Now beat 5 people to death while never getting caught that is the true zest of robustness. No one suspects a thing, only a mass of bodies out in space. Being valid means you’re a true beta who got caught.

As the strong jaw-lined, handsome, virile, giga-chad I am, I am always correct.

Hm.

Well, the only meh-ish answer was the MRP one, ironically.

The meme songs would probably be fine, it’s MRP nonetheless. And 'borgs would have some leeway with netspeak with other borgs, but maybe not IPCs so much.

+1.5, make it a +2 if you get a new CKEY. Ya got potential.

Slavs gotta point. However, that ckey ain’t it chief. The answers are decent, but ya gotta get a new ckey. 0.

Bumping, current tally is a +1.5 if I can into math.

Accepted under the requirement of a new CKEY. I’m giving you the role on Discord for now.