Just fully remove swarmers

Admitedley, i have forgor about it :skull:

then make it freakin obvious.

Here are the ways you can’t destroy inactive swarmers, but rightly should.

• lasers.
  • guns.
  • Robust force objects and higher, melee or thrown

If you can bash a swarmer down with a batong in 3 hits then absafuckinnothing should be stoping you from just smashing the same thing just litterally in an offline state

I am not a chemist, I haven’t tested chems like acids on inactive swarmer shells.
I have also not tried burning them, but don’t think it would work since I haven’t seen fire kill an active swarmer either.

Also, maybe reward the crew for bringing intact, disabled swarmer shells and destroyed debris to SCI with tech.

As of right now though, there is nothing in the examine text that hints at the abbility to disable swarmer shells with screw drivers, at least add that.

7 Likes

Eh, just remove them at this point.

They’re more harmful than fun and no one actually follows their directives.

Ive seen countless times swarmers chasing down people or even invading the fucking shuttle.

No one mentions it, people never address it, but it happens over and over. No one wants to play after silo is gone, that is this servers mentality.

So whats the point?

2 Likes

i follow my objective.
but i am one of the few thats 100% do

rename swarmers to nikers

• yes
  • no
  • yes but unban me also
  • yes but perma ban ruko
  • yes but ban mr eloda and ruko

0 voters

1 Like

Anyways fun poll bad comment by Nik , but yeah rework don’t remove in my opinion, but yeah it would take a bit for them to work properly, like what Ruko did to spiders which they’re still being tweaked

Swarmers is a fun concept as a midround antagonists, the main issue is the cookie-clicker thing, the lack of interesting abilities that can protect/aid them and the rush of ore-silo which is a pain in the ass for everyone, including swarmers

Honestly the most ‘‘fun’’ i have when i fight the swarmers is when they start eating in maint places and expand from there because suddenly you feel like you’re in a derelict station with walls missing, open spaces, swarmer traps and walls, items on the floor, it’s like another type of station almost like the damage a blob does when expanding and of course a bunch of funny blue fellas trying to shoot you away, if on top of that you would add them a beacon to protect, a ‘‘red laser’’ mode and stuff like that it alongside getting rid of the cookie clicker gameplay it could be more interesting

one thing that could improve QOL for swarmers would be to give players the ability to switch to the simplemob swarmer AI. Give them a hud button or something that they can toggle on and off.

Could possibily mitigate the cookie clicker-ness of swarmers?

But the problem with that is It would (well I am pretty sure it would be) metaknowledge to immediately take stuff out of the silo.
But then again, I am not too sure on the lore behind swarmers (if they have any lore),
they might be known to the galaxy. I think a good temp fix for now would be, as the doktor said, to prevent them from eating ore silos, and communication consoles, until we can decide what to do with the pesky little things.

1 Like

What if swarmers had extremely limited range, similar to blob, requiring constant power from being nearby to other swarmers / some type of “core”

This would limit their ability to run off and do whatever while also preventing ore silo rushing and incentivizing eating maints.

However I worry something like this would make them too similar to blobs.

Maybe some type of recharge mechanic where they need to charge from a special structure they can place down with a significant time delay?

So then they can move the charge points but it will take a long time to do so, so expansion is limited but not impossible

4 Likes

swarmers are unironically unfun, on ALL rp levels.
lrp, mrp, hrp, they’re not fun. I actually usually see if I am allowed to log off when I see one, it’s just that unfun to deal with

3 Likes

lmao. they’re not that bad.

they’re not that bad - they’re just annoying as shit and impossible to end man

1 Like

what are y’all’s thoughts on:

1. increase cost of replicating playable swarmers, but buff health a teeny bit
  2. let playable swarmers replicate non-playable swarmers at reduced cost (super cheap blue swarmers, cheapish yellow swarmers, moderately expensive red swarmers).

basically transition them out of cookie clicker and more AI army general, though admittedly i’ve solo’d entire swarmer beacons no sweat as a miner cyborg before so idk how viable that would end up being

The old meta of xenobio creature spam could probably sweep stations clean… They are functionally invincible against swarmers and with the right prompting have no reason to go rogue if they are only to attack swarmers. Its more just hoping the ghosts choose xenobio over swarmer…

Gold blood and Light pink plasma. (Bluespace water for radio)

When we had swarmers three rounds in a row, I did just that. It was painful.

And hoping the Xenobiologist exists and isn’t a power gamer only doing their own thing.

Frankly i’ve never seen a xenobio do anything than what they want to. Even if asked directly and multiple times over a span of 30 minutes.

2 Likes

I once wanted like three or four slimes for chemistry, any kind. And they just outright threw me out…

hmm…
Could be interesting to experiment with. replicating simplemob swarmers. maybe their AI would have to be reworked a bit since I think they transfer resources to a swarmer beacon.

From my experience playing way too much R&D, honestly 30 minutes sometimes isn’t enough time to for that excruciatingly slow job to fulfill a request that they don’t already have the colors for

If you ask Xenobio for potions and all of their slimes are on the other side of the color chart, be prepared to wait most of the round

3 Likes