CKEY: LodedDiper

Your Discord: Discord User#4914

Offender’s CKEY: Unknown

Offender’s In-Game Name: Josh Jenkins

Server (Sage or Acacia): Sage

Date (MM-DD-YYYY): 08-06-2022

Round Number: 39737

Rules Broken: 9.1, 9.8, 9.9

Incident Description: I latejoin as warden about half an hour into the round. I hear there is a commotion at the HOPline, and 5 minutes later Josh Jenkins (stage magician) gets brought in in cuffs. He has HOP’s headset on him, so I arrest him for trespass and theft and brig him for 10 minutes. He doesn’t take this well, so he uses his gloves to remotely assault me and other sec members. So I take them away, and this makes him really mad. After time served he gets out, shoves me to the ground out of spite and hides in a locker in front of evidence storage, reasoning that he wanted to get his gloves back. (I do not to give them back to him, as he has used them to assault people, most likely used them to steal HOPs headset and would probably continue to use them to commit crimes.) This is despite being told multiple times to leave.

At this point a cycle starts. Josh gets brigged for trespassing, he gets mad and salts at security about how sec “wants to keep him in brig forever” even though there are dozens of times where all he has to do is to just not cause trouble again.Then once he gets released (or escapes because giving him even a split second of time makes him wallshove and run) he immediately runs back to evidence storage, wont leave even after being told to, and gets brigged for trespassing again.

Because repeat offenses escalate he eventually ends up with a perma sentence, but only ends up not actually going to perma due to the shuttle coming. Interestingly, post-roundend he praises me for being better than the rest of sec, which means it’s all just playing a character to him? However, even if his salt was just an act he was still self-antagging and generally being a nuisance for little to no reason.
(Edit: Typo corrections)

Additional Information: I didn’t ahelp because I assumed him to be an antag. Also, I am just now noticing how extremely similar this is to Smokeycat Player Report - #5 by LodedDiper. The fact they aren’t the same people shocks me, do sec mains really deal with this stuff daily?

Bonus report:

2 Likes

Yes this is a normal occurance to deal with as security, and actually the fact he didn’t try and make a bomb is surpirsing, because in almost every round you have some shitter who isn’t an antagonist harassing everyone and is in the brig every five minutes.

These people legit take being arrested as IC justification to grief and not RP, and is one of the main reasons i don’t like playing security.

1 Like

Bit out of topic, but you can gulag those guys.
90% of the time they ll just go SSD or suicide.
Problem solved

3 Likes

I’ll process the report. I was able to get in touch with the player, so i’ll wait for their reply before taking any action :+1:

Here’s the response:

Anyway I was just kinda walking around as a stage magician and I had the teleportation gloves and I had a great idea
so I start teleporting various low value items from areas to resell
I started with security bedsheets from cells, some folders and whatnot from HOP office
some guy in the HOP office gave me a HOP headset (I thought he was the HOP at the time but it turns out he wasnt) (edited)
I had also used the gloves to try to extort some money from I think the clown who was in a cell
I was pushing him around telling him 15 credits to make me go away but the det eventually pays me off for that part
Anyways, I of course eventually get arrested for my capitalistic tendencies and I get put into cell 3 (edited)
this is when some cyborg named providence gets involved, flashes me, w/e helps out sec
he feeds me a burger, makes me fat, makes me drunk
im fat, drunk, and stripped of many of my things(including having no headset or gloves) , and so at this point I’m more or less refusing to leave security until they give me my gloves back, being beligerant to the warden, etc… standard stuff (edited)
My beligerance is mostly limited to verbal means, but when I did get out of my cell I made good on what I was saying and wouldn’t leave without the gloves (edited)
shoving the warden when he came at me with a flash, etc, at one point when he gave me the opportunity, I made an attempt to cuff him (with an end goal of getting my gloves back from evidence, throwing the ID back at him and leaving), but that did fail and I end back up in a cell (edited)
so in the original report when he references a cycle thats pretty much what he meant
I was trying to get my gloves and leave but they shove me back in a cell each time
all the while the verbal back and forth continued
I did threaten to beat the wardens ass multiple times but I 1. ```
was an unarmed, injured, fat stage magician in a cell so I’m sure that could not be considered a real threat
and eh thats more or less the entire story
I think I spent like 40 minutes that shift in a cell
and they did break SOP in a few ways like taking my headset without throwing in a replacement or smth, so on but that was so minor I didn’t even think of making a report or ahelp (edited)
suprised he player reported
In my personal opinon he would have been better suited by just throwing me out of security with force (Which was always an option) but he just kept putting me back in a cell again (edited)
But in full summary, when reading the original player report, when the OP references me assaulting people with the gloves, it was just shoves
they took the gloves away and I wanted the gloves back
and as such remained in a jailcell in one form or another for the majority of that shift

I’ll process this as soon as possible :+1:

1 Like

I reviewed the player’s behaviour during the round.
As a non-antagonist there is a limit to how much you can antagonise.
Of course, it depends on how busy sec is, how much the roleplay supports what you’re doing, etc.
Being annoyed at security because they arrested you (even if it was deserved) is alright. But you took it too far, to the point where you shove-stunned officers multiple times, and were very harsh with your insults (being insulted this much just for doing their job correctly isn’t fun at all!).

What you did isn’t at all what i would call “standard stuff”. Toxicity and self antagonising aren’t allowed on the server. This is also just poor roleplay.

report processed