Ban Length:
Permanent
Ban Date (YYYY/MM/DD/):
2023/02/26
Round ID:
Ban Reason:
Griefing
Appeal Reason:

I had shoved the VIP in the hallways beforehand, so when I saw him in my office, with him asking me to leave I was led to think that the VIP, possibly roleplaying as an entitled prick, was trying to sue me. To protect my legal reputation, in context, I shoved him, and then the things got out of hand because we and another assistant that got in started to beat him to crit. I know this constitutes overescalation because we kind of ganged up on him.

I know now this constitutes griefing, but at the time I was unfamiliar with the workings of the game as this was my first server and I was a very new player, so I didn’t really know proper behaviour. I understand my actions require penalizing, and I understand why I would be given a ban but I’ve grown fond of this community and am much more aware to what constitutes proper behaviour. I would like therefore to get my ban at least made temporary as my understanding of game rules was lackluster.

Since I got unbanned (from another, unrelated ban), I’ve been playing completely by the rules and there’s players who could vouch for my good behaviour and roleplaying.

TL;DR
I was new to the game at the time and not too familiar with the rules and expected behaviour. I understand that my behaviour was problematic, but that has changed since I got unbanned from my previous ban. I don’t think that my behaviour warrants a permanent ban now, even if it did constitute griefing.

This was a “permanent, appeal on the forums” type of ban, these are mainly done to force people to come here and talk it out and aren’t actually permanent.

I certainly hope so, saying this to the guy whom you soft griefed for a good period of time doesn’t inspire much confidence

Well, I can see that you realized what you did was wrong and that you are sorry for it. But you did, in fact, ruin another person’s round for no reason. Can’t really ignore that. So I’m willing to reduce this to a 3 day ban.

Huh, didn’t know the appeal on forums bans worked like that. Thanks for reconsidering my ban anyways!

It’s written in the Administrator Conduct.

You’re fine with 3 days then?

Sure, I’d prefer to not be banned but I did a bad thing so I’m accepting the consequences

1 Like

There you go, ban and note edited

1 Like