J515 Admin Aplication

Your CKEY (Including any alts you have): J515

Your Discord Name (Including any alts you have): EmiliaPains#0596

How often are you online to play/admin? (Timezone): Well I haven’t played as often as I would have liked as of late due to a few games peaking my interest and school (mainly the games) but if I was back on schedule I’d spend 4 hours a day maybe more in the game. My timezone is London/Dublin time

What changes, if any, would you bring?: A third Irish admin, And a different point of view I suppose like I know a fair amount of players and how they function and act

How old are you?: 19

Why do you want to be an admin?: To improve the community and make up for the wrongs I did to it i want to bring in my own fun while staying within the rules and admin conduct

How long have you been playing SS13?: at least 2 years now

How long have you been playing BeeStation?: Well, I’ve got 510 hours in game

On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you in SS13?: 7

On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you as an admin?: 6 (I have toyed around in the private servers and I’ve learned alot from it

Have you ever been an admin on another server? This is not limited to SS13: Yes I have moderated quite a few Discord server and twitch streams including setting up a discord with bots,and autorole

Do you have any alternate accounts on SS13? If so, could you provide their CKEY?: No

Your strengths: Intense IT skill, Wizard in Atmos, CIA mutilator(This is a joke in reference to one of my previous rounds)

Your weaknesses: Writing Press Releases

Is there anything that gets you really mad, real fast?: Making Mistakes and incompetence like insanely bad incompetence or griefers just fucking up the round for everyone

What do you think is the most important trait for a staff member to have?: Loyalty to the Community and the staff team

What makes a staff team good?: Well i believe it’s trust the trust for a staff team to make the right decisions and judgement

What is a staff team’s purpose?: To moderate a server in a basic sense, in a more complex sense keeping the server safe while not being a police state and allowing for fun that doesnt ruin the game for everybody

What kind of player are you?: I am a player that’s quiet i suppose i don’t really talk to people much and I like to be fair but strong when i need to be

How do you think you will change once you become a staff member?: I think i will develop into a more wiser and looked up to person for support

The clown slips the HoS and steals his gun, spacing it right after. What do you do?: I would first check the traitor panel to see if clown is a traitor, then check previous notes and bans of the clown to try and see if this is something they have done before and if they haven’t done it before I’d warn them due to HoS’ gun is a traitor objective and it might impede the round and if they have done it before I would give them a note for griefing the round. After that is done i would find the HoS’ gun and respawn it in his locker.

A non-antagonist is sabotaging the Atmospherics loop and pumping plasma into the distro, along with dragging around a canister and releasing it into the atmosphere. Assuming that another admin is cleaning up the after-effects, how do you conduct the ahelp with him?: First I would check his notes to see if he has done it before and check how old the account is to see if it’s a ALT and if it is an ALT then i would permaban them as a new player couldn’t possible know how to pump plasma into a loop,

If it’s not a alt i would first send them to admin prison to ensure they cant do any further damage then admin message them to ask them why they would do such a thing and find out their motive and if they seem like a mistake a warning. But if the player in question was just sounding like a general griefer being rude and not even being sorry for what they did then i would give them a month’s ban to ensure they learn their lesson.

A chemist who is working alone accidentally mixes an explosive mixture inside of his chem dispenser, instantly killing himself and destroying the machine, along with exposing Chemistry to space. Nobody else was injured aside from him as a result of his actions. What do you do?: Nothing it’s a IC problem that can happen quite regularly even with the most experienced players

I don’t like this, we are server that focuses on newbies, so there will be a lot of incompetent players.

I don’t know what to think of this. On one hand we could really use some admins and we lose nothing by letting you be trial but on the other hand you have 36 bans in just 400 living hours.

Yes it’s abysmal but i think over the last few months I’ve gotten better

Oh boy another one here to try themselves at being an admin. App looks pretty good, so here’s my +1

I’d be interested in seeing them trialed.

+1

Total: +2

I abstain because I know J515 well enough for me to be unable to give an objective assessment of their suitability for an admin position.

(I meant to post this way earlier but forgot)

1 Like

Well atleast your keeping this post alive haha

Also: Don’t use those numbers for bans. Server bans are much more serious than job bans, yet job bans increase the number of bans by 3-14 times more than a server ban. It’s more important to look at individual bans. Are they severe, recent, or have they shown improvement over time? etc. etc.

After collective consideration, we have decided to deny this application for now.
Feel absolutely free to reapply in about 2 months or later, gamer.

Denied