J0YKILLZ's Prompted writting

Dear Beestation.

I have asked everyone here about story writing within the setting of bee, with of course the cast of your static characters and have so far written and posted around 5 character lore bits and stories.

Now I wanted to do a more collaborative thing a while back, but that up and flopped, so I have conceived a much simpler scheme to better engage with everyone present.

You shall write a prompt, I shall read it, then I will write based on the context and details provided, a short story involving Kalavi Lumen, R.A.M.P.A.n-C or simply within the dreary, tight-lipped, faux-caring frame of the N.T.-H.R. department. Both is also entirely possible.

One of your characters puts some music on in the background while explaining something. This could be a villain monologue, a chewing-out of some poor unfortunate seccie set to Bossa Luna, a rapidly-deteriorating explanation of some kind of thesis set to Hall of the Mountain King, or something else. I just crave more music-synced text stories since I finished DECT.

Your character arrives home to their apartment/housing unit/whatever applies with a bundle of groceries from [insert store here], what did they buy, what does their apartment look like, etc?

Your character has been told that due to budget cuts, station 384-G is no longer eligible for evacuation and they will, unfortunately, not be going home.

Your character has been tasked with explaining this over voicecast.

also @ColonelOrion

DOUBLE PROMPT.

Musical Theme: Stream Ride Behind You 2 by AlexGiudici | Listen online for free on SoundCloud

SH-ERRR-CHK…

Attention crew, Hello, it’s me, your begruding leader, Head of Security Kalavi Lumen.
Due to current circumstance, lead to by officer Shwartz, thank you, officer Shwartz, whom is currently located in Dormitory room 04, YES, DON’T THINK YOU CAN HIDE FROM ME. ahem, following their bluder involving one of Admiral Pauline’s interns, I’ve been informed that the numbers monkies at Phobos have determined our Orbital installation as a lost investment. Long story short, there will be no shuttle, nor will there be recovery of escape pods.
NOW BEFORE YOU CRY ANARCHY. I will sumarize the current, indefinite status of the situation on 384-G.
Firstly WE REMAIN IN POLICE STATE STATION. but you already knew that since No one was sent who outranks me.
Secondly, the Engineering department is authorized to cannibalize and comandier almost anything in the name of getting a super-cruise worthy ship running to get all of us to Phobos so I may personally deliver Shwartz to Miss Dubois with roaring applause.
Thirdly, you’ve all done exceptionally well at not losing your heads, There will be a Pizza party in the Holo-chamber before engineering’s work starts, the theme is Shwartz’ Batonging, everyone who wants some slices and afew swings is welcome, my compliments to the chef for their good work.

KER-CHK

2 Likes

Location: Luxury Liner and Mid-rim transport “Gracious Ferry”, Deck 9, 4 Star long charter habitat, Cabin 24.

The door slid open and hid bespoke in the wall, with a duffle bag in hand and a full satchel on side, Kalavi Lumen stepped into his home and half the room lit up, there were dimmer lights in some spots and warmer lights in others. adjustable LED’s over the standardized mini-kitchen and it’s countertop, a single fluorescent light above a curtained off sleeping area and a warm Incandescent orange at the recliner, positioned near a large birch table and computer console not dissimilar to the ones found on frontier stations, except with screens on arms rather than inlaid to the frame and a pair of joysticks nearby.

Deposited quickly upon the kitchen counter was the duffle, it’s contents were a selection of cheesy honkers, twinkies, pizza making ingrediants, two liters of soy and regular milk and frozen Onion rings.
That was not the highlight of his outing, sure he swung by the level’s commissary, but the real destination was the engineering deck’s receiving desk.

Kalavi hastily moved to the unlit side of the cabin, there was a faint glare off the tinted glass partitioning the room and win-door entry. He flicked a switch and quickly partition was fully lit, a pair of
freestanding spot lights and 2 rows of ceiling lights. there were various dummies clad in various
replica uniforms.
A replica white SEC jumpsuit with formal beret, a mockup Semi-powered Mining hardsuit, non-vacuum rated, plastic pannels, minimal frame, and finally a replica NT space suit, re coloured to have orange visor and black centered racing stripes along the helmet, arms and legs.
There was one other dummy, this one however was affixed atop a very short robot.
It was a shooting target.
Those notable things aside, the rest of the clutter in the room was placed upon simple metal tables, most of it somehow related to the themes of the stationary dummies, the exception was cleaning supplies.

Kalavi had faint Ideas about the entirety of what his current position in NT entailed, as effective as the Dissimilarity project’s subconscious blocks were, the details of the jobs he performed were still in his head, even if he couldn’t consciously remember them all the time. hence this partitioning of his room, most of it’s contents and his most recent aquisition…

A replica NT-SEC disabler. Programed to scan for a designated target wearing an IFF tag, with a built in score counter linked to the set number of shots of the user’s practice round.
Basically a glorified laser tag gun, with shot accuracy calculator all bundled into a visually identical, similarly weighted package.

He took the fancy toy out of his satchel, slapped the IFF tag on the target dummy, started it’s little robot, stepped back and prepped for a round of practice for something he couldn’t even remember needing too…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.