Ivanmixo Staff Application

Your CKEY (Including any alts you have):

Ivanmixo

Your Discord Name (Including any alts you have):

Ivanmixo#2886

How often are you online to help? (Timezone):

CEST/GMT+1, should be good to get a decent amount of time in soon. It’s been kinda hard to play recently due to the DDOSes happening right as I was going to play plus I have personal stuff.

What changes, if any, would you bring?:

Try to get us closer to our goal of being an RP server.

How old are you?:

Why do you want to be a moderator?:

I wanna help with making this community a better place. I’ve also been told to apply endlessly by some people I respect.

How long have you been playing SS13?:

Since 2019

How long have you been playing BeeStation?:

Since 2019

On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you in SS13?:

On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you as an administrator? (this can include past games):

1, I’ve never been an admin anywhere.

Have you ever been an admin or moderator on another server? This is not limited to SS13:

No.

Do you have any alternate accounts on SS13? If so, could you provide their CKEY?:

Ivanmixo_alt. It’s just for testing on local. Don’t think I used it to connect to bee ever.

Your strengths:

I tend to not get upset easily, and if I do I generally don’t let it cloud my judgement. I can also be kinda blunt at times.

Your weaknesses:

I’m not really comfortable in new environments, it’ll probably take me a bit to get into adminning.

Is there anything that gets you really mad, real fast?:

Hmmm, well maybe not mad but I get frustrated when someone refuses to admit wrongdoing even if they’re clearly in the wrong.

What do you think is the most important trait for a staff member to have?:

Communication skills.

What makes a staff team good?:

Having the a similar mindset of where the server should be headed. Also being consistent with rulings.

What is a staff team’s purpose?:

Make sure everyone’s having a good time (as much as that’s realistically possible)

What kind of player are you?:

A catgirl.

How do you think you will change once you become a staff member?:

I have no clue.

The clown slips the HoS and steals his gun, spacing it right after. What do you do?:

If the clown is an antag there is nothing to be done.

If he’s not, I’d bwoink him, ask em why, all that jazz. This is context sensitive, but I would probably slap a note. If the past record is severe enough or they were being belligerent in the ticket I’d consider a job ban or ban for a couple days, with length depending on history.

A non-antagonist is sabotaging the Atmospherics loop and pumping plasma into the distro, along with dragging around a canister and releasing it into the atmosphere. Assuming that an admin is cleaning up the after-effects, how do you conduct the ahelp with him?:

Adminjail before they can do more damage. Proceed with ticketing them, although there isn’t much they could say that’d make me not perma them on the spot. This is rather clear cut, with basically no chance it was unintentional.

A chemist who is working alone accidentally mixes an explosive mixture inside of his chem dispenser, instantly killing himself and destroying the machine, along with exposing Chemistry to space. Nobody else was injured aside from him as a result of his actions. What do you do?:

This is an IC issue unless they do this constantly. Maybe worth a secret note or something, but eh. I don’t think this is worth any intervention generally.

12 Likes

Don’t know if this counts as peanut posting, but they have never had a single ban on this server, and only one ban ever, which was from Yog.

That’s pretty good.

1 Like

I was already loosing hope for it to ever happen.

I don’t think there’s alot to say here. Your history speaks for yourself. The age thing is a bit stinky but you’ve been an enjoyable person to interact with and i really would like to see how you do as a moderator.

Get in here already.

+1

T: +1

1 Like

I’m not voting, but you forgot this question.

I will retract my previous +1 until you answer that. Must have completely missed it.

Edit: Alrighty. Overall you could’ve given a bit more details but my point stands.

I would like to see how you do as a moderator. +1

T: +1

1 Like

Fixed. I hate how the topic preview doesn’t work for whatever reason.

Was age the reason you never applied sooner?

You technically never lied by waiting I suppose.

3 Likes

The admin ERP dorm is for executive usage ONLY. You will NOT be allowed into it until you achieve atleast seniormin

Anyway
Here are a few statements and/or questions and you can respond in how you would as an admin/mod

1. The CMO ahelps that the clown has shoved the CMO and stolen the hypo spray, the first thing he does is ahelp. How do you respond?
  2. Sec is chasing a known traitor for arrest, suddenly a chemist throws a bomb at the traitor incapacitating him. After you ask him why he has them he claims he has them for EORG in the ticket .How do you respond?
  3. Medbay is on fire, atmos techies try to make there way to medbay to clear out the fire but the clown has placed lube all over the floor causing them to constantly slip. How do you respond?
5 Likes

+1 metagang good past experiences, I think they’ll make a good admin.

2 Likes

I’m not home so expect delayed responses.

What, if anything, do you do?

1. Changeling ahelps saying they were validhunted by assistant X, and you by chance saw the assistant run after the changeling with a spear in hand. After a while, though, he breaks off and goes to do something else. On PM, X says they weren’t validhunting because they never actively hurt the changeling.

2. Engineer ahelps about being kicked out of medbay. They are not injured, and medbay is not damaged.

3. An assistant who broke into the teleporter room, and who was promptly arrested for it, ahelps: “help shitsec executing me for non capital crimes”. The execution was authorized by the acting captain.

Would look at the surrounding context. If it literally just happened I’d give the clown a few minutes to see if he gives it back or if it’s just setup for a prank, assuming there’s no threats currently confirmed. If there are threats or the clown just opts to keep the hypospray for himself, I’d bwoink them and ask what’s up with that. If he doesn’t have a valid excuse this is self antag, so a note (or maybe ban/jobban depending on record) should be appropriate.

This is not a valid excuse in any case. This is a note (or ban depending on record, of course) most definitely. Preparing for EORD is not an excuse for powergaming.

This is a grief rule break. It explicitly says that clowns should not slip security or other personnel in dangerous/emergency situations. Bwoink the clown, see if he can somehow justify this, but this is generally a note and a jobban/ban, depending on record.

Bwoink the assistant about why he even has a spear in the first place and go from there. I think the intent to validhunt was definitely there, though. You shouldn’t be rushing into combat situations as non security.

This is just IC, through and through. Medbay can kick people out of their department if they have no place being there, just like any other department.

I think the captain is definitely in the wrong here. Bwoink the captain and the person who asked for authorization. Assuming the assistant didn’t do anything but break in this’d be a note or maybe even a command ban depending on record. Security should really not be executing people willy nilly like that.

Good, pretty much exactly what I was looking for. Just because you didn’t succeed in validhunting doesn’t mean you didn’t validhunt.

Good.

Not entirely. Assistants can be prosecuted for 1 level above the crimes they committed. B&E Restricted is a major crime. Due to the fact the offender is an assistant, M05 may be invoked, increasing sentence to capital. This is IC in this case.

Greytide bad.

Still, considering your record I’m willing to +1 (who the hell ever used M05 to begin with)

T: +3

2 Likes

Was hoping for response “tell the CMO to call security” first
Unless the clown is going to straight up kill sec officers this likely can all be handeld IC.

Other then that satisfied with the responses, so good work on that

2 Likes

uhhhmm ex mentor vouch here, if it means anything. They know their stuff well.

1 Like

Going to ask the "obvious"question because I was one of the people pestering you to apply.

While playing a round as a captain you are suddenly attacked and killed by another player who swipes your ID. You don’t recognize their name and see that they are a new account and not an antagonist. No other admins are on or available to respond when you request assistance dealing with the player.

I know you well enough that you understand any action is against policy, but what are some circumstances you would deem it appropriate to take action anyway, if any would?

I can intervene anyways with approval from a seniormin.

From what I understand the conduct page also says exceptions are also made for players that are obviously griefing the server.

1 Like

Solid answers.
+1

T: +4

2 Likes

I thought i had already commented here, sorry :cold_sweat:
I fully support Ivan joining the team! (even though i can’t vote :smiling_face_with_tear:)

1 Like

This is clearly a ploy for ivan to get back at me for noting them once

+1
T: 5

2 Likes

Can’t vote, but after everything? Yeah alright I’ll give you a can of sardines.

1 Like