Isy232 Banned By Admin Piterskiy

AI caused some mess on the station, but security was alive and there was no immediate threat to the station.

This isn’t some unrealistic oh look there is a problem time to run and hide server I would hope. When there is a problem that you can help fix and is a danger to you and others I assume you’re allowed to help fix it, especially if it has the potential to be extremely dangerous due to being a rogue AI.

If it wasn’t actually all that dangerous, how was I supposed to know, the AI cut comms and I know the potential for AI’s to mess with atmos. Comms got fixed somewhat later but people then mentioned something about the AI shocking doors. I do not think at any time anyone in an authority position said anything about the problem being dealt with or under control.

Then the AI satellite is literally connected to engineering, while it is mostly the realm of the CE or RD, someone in one of their departments should be able to act in their absence.

didnt turn tcomss or plasmaflood
im that useless

someone literally did it for me

im not removing your ban

You still have not answered any of my questions, exactly like you did in the ahelp.

I’m not asking for a removal, I’m asking for a shortening.

didnt turn tcomss or plasmaflood
im that useless

someone literally did it for me

Again, had no way to know this

@admins I would like more to weigh in or answer some of the questions I still have, seeing Piterskiy wont say anything but no without explanation.

Again, I fucked up by making a combat mech because I was bored, but is 2 days for this not excessive considering I have never done anything to purposefully break the rules?

Is it against the rules to fight a rogue AI as an engineer?

Again, that’s not the correct group.

@GameAdmin - They are looking for some added opinions

Building a mech is power gaming at best.
Killing and spacing the HoS for trying to arrest you is self antag.
The cherry on top is valid hunting since you decided to deal with the AI yourself instead of letting sec do it.

Not HoS, just sec officer. But everything else is correct.

Building a mech is power gaming at best.

Agreed, but I thought it was not due to roboticists making them every other round. I wont do this again.

Killing and spacing the HoS for trying to arrest you is self antag.

Wasn’t HoS, they acted exactly like a traitor, including attacking me with an energy sword when I tried to run away.

The cherry on top is valid hunting since you decided to deal with the AI yourself instead of letting sec do it.

AI satellite is somewhat under the jurisdiction of engineers plus its a serious threat to everyone when the AI is rogue, even when incompetent I have no way of knowing.

Seriously, no fucking way this bit was against the rules.

Even if I was trying to be a 100% realistic person, I still would have helped in this sitaution, a rogue AI is an immediate threat to almost everyone on the station.

Its like breaking into medbay to do surgery to remove someones xeno larva, common sense to disobey authority when there is a massive problem.

I’d also like to second RodBowards opinion.

Oops, I just assumed…

It’s under command. You literally have zero access to it for a reason.

You actively stopped security from dealing with the threat and killed one of them for it. You’re a normal engineer, not a sec officer. Let sec deal with the threats unless that threat is actively trying to murder you.

Then help instead of killing the sec officer trying to arrest you for being a threat. A heavily armed threat at that.

You actively stopped security from dealing with the threat and killed one of them for it. You’re a normal engineer, not a sec officer. Let sec deal with the threats unless that threat is actively trying to murder you.

It’s a rogue AI, its likely trying to murder everyone. Its also likely causing damage to the station, which does involve my job as an engineer.

Then help instead of killing the sec officer trying to arrest you for being a threat. A heavily armed threat at that.

I totally would have helped the security officer if they gave me a reason to believe their identity as a security officer. Since they didn’t do that I tried to run away.

They then chased me with an ENERGY SWORD and NEARLY KILLED ME. I had no space suit and destroying the mech stuns me for a while, long enough to crit me with the energy sword they were using on me. I had no reason to believe at that point their objective was anything less than killing me.

Killing it isn’t your job, fixing what it destroys is.

“Look I get he’s walking around in sec gear with a sec ID, but he’s probably not sec.” Lmfao

Killing it isn’t your job, fixing what it destroys is.

Very capable of causing irreparable damage, stuff that would force a shuttle call (which it actually did, even though it was perhaps not needed).

A rogue AI is very serious, I’d say close to xenos, if you can do something to help your fellow crewmembers you should.

“Look I get he’s walking around in sec gear with a sec ID, but he’s probably not sec.” Lmfao

They were wearing a security hardsuit and throughout the entire encounter they never spoke. They NEVER proved their identity and they also stripped me, looking for cable coil, but still, I felt like they might be going for my headset. Nothing proven yet, but suspicious as fuck, I want out.

They NEVER gave me any definitive proof that they were a member of security and through their actions they proved themselves suspicious, I want out. I tried to get out and they whipped out an ENERGY SWORD.

I do not think my actions in that situation were perfect, but acceptable to the point is shouldn’t be an OOC issue.

yes it is. unless they activated doomsday machine, you cant rush into combat using fully armed combat mech which you built for yourself for no reason

Ight, dropping this appeal due to another conversation with Xlyana. I’ve been chronically misinterpreting the rules due to lots of other people powergaming, so me thinking this sorta stuff is more acceptable.

@Piterskiy, you still did nothing to explain or counter my arguments, if I didn’t go out of my way to ask I would definitely still be misinterpreting the rules due to what I can only assume is your laziness.

This topic was automatically closed after 40 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.