Is murderbone against the rules on sage?

sorry to tell ya but you dont need to roleplay on the forums

3 Likes

I am criticising their employment of “validity” on MRP. You should not do that.

this is more of a mrp-hrp ish style gameplay a large part of ss13 was “muh killin” and if you dont want the killing part then hrp servers make you roleplay out your killing

there isnt much validity left on mrp, you are valid for killing ian or planting shadow shrooms both make you valid because they are just annoying ic, ive never seen anyone killed for shadow shrooms but they are so fucking annoying when they happen if rnd doesnt have nvgs

also, again, you don’t… need to roleplay on the forums*

It was a tongue in cheek criticism. If you enjoy murderboning then it seems like LRP is more for you.

1 Like

Honestly, exactly this.

I detest the murderbone carve-out that we have on MRP, where you can kill security without even needing a reason to do so.

His Grace and the clown car allow other similarly brainless gameplay.

As it is now, you can kill anyone if you have a reason to do so. You have to rub your two brain cells together and REASON your kill.

1 Like

Depends, if you have more than half of objectives done than yes(if traitor), if you are certain antag like blob then yes. Otherwise no

No… you are reading the rules for LRP, not MRP.

Killing one or two people completely unrelated to objectives is also fine, particularly for trying to steal a backup identity or specific supplies for something you want to do. Other than that, this is a pretty inclusive list.

Then we need to start forcing security to be way less aggressive - this is the primary reason that carve-out exists. Security gets a free pass to shoot first (with stuns) and ask later right now. even for random searches with no prior evidence.

This carve-out exists so that they can opt to attack first rather than being stunned by someone at random and being removed from the round without even having a chance to fight back even if they did stealth perfectly because our security is so aggressively focused on winning the round instead of making it fun and engaging.

1 Like

“I’ve had ahelps and player reports for murderboning rejected, but now I’m seeing bans for it.”

sounds like ur less asking about if murderboning is allowed and more salting about other stuff

that’s what general is for

tru ̔̏̔̏̔̏̔̏̔̏̔̏̔̏̔̏̔̏̔̏̔̏̔̏̔̏̔̏̔̏̔̏̔̏̔̏̔̏̔̏̔̏̔̏̔̏̔̏

This is only allowed on red alert though correct? I’d say if the alert level is this high then it is acceptable to take the proper “precautions”.

This was a shuttle hijack incursion round. Their objective was to make sure that nobody made it out alive.

It’s allowed on blue.

Beestation is way too arcadey to restrict the rules like you’re suggesting; playing security on Bee is pretty much entirely gameplay with no roleplay and you can’t even do things like take hostages or make threats because you’ll immediately be validhunted by not just security, but random greyshirts looking for dunks. You can’t restrict antag gameplay much more than the rules already do because the playerbase is nowhere near ready for that kind of increase in roleplay strictness.

1 Like

Uhhh. Its sec’s job to kill and stop antags. If your an antag security is a direct threat to you. This is the equivalent of saying sec can’t kill antags because antags didn’t specifically do anything to them yet.

If you can justify your security kills like you could justify your normal kills, that’s fine.

But if you have two minor steal objectives and walk into brig with a 357 and start gunning people down, it’s a bit much.

1 Like

I’d agree if Security culture on Bee wasn’t so horribly arcadey and RP-nonfriendly. Security poses a constant and present threat to you the moment you acquire one of those items, regularly stunbatons you at random in the hallways to search you and will often arrest, search, brig and execute you without saying a single word to you. So long as sec is as horribly non-RP as it is, going full Hotline Miami and annihilating them before they have an opportunity to end your round is fine, because the way most security play is as hyper-aggressive hostile NPCs.

6 Likes

I wish Sec was less valid happy, and I wish our players were less valid happy as well.

1 Like

Yeah, until that changes you kinda need to give antags a blank check to dunk on security, because they have an infinite aggro range and sometimes will shit on you entirely at random, wordlessly. The only way to make them not a threat is to eliminate them.

1 Like

It’s not “a bit much,” it’s a valid strategy. Eliminating security makes it possible to actually enjoy your antag round.