Is antag rolling weighted?

I play command almost every round, (Research Director to be specific) and so can’t be a round start antagonist most of the time. However, I’ve found that whenever I’m not command because someone else has been assigned it, I am more often than not an antag, which is way more often than when I only played as eligible roles. Am I just lucky, or is there a system that compensates?

1 Like

This information is secret to prevent people from gaming it and playing only certain roles to increase their likelihood of getting antag.

4 Likes

Heads are excluded from antagonists (similarly to security).

Afaik antag rolls happen before role assigment so if you do roll an antag you’ll be queued into another role.

1 Like

Up until recently, whenever I rolled anything but HoS I had a 50/50 premonition I would be a tot or something.

I’ve retuned my job prefs since then since I am starting to loose it being head of low pop.

Last I heard, from ol’ threads when such arcane knowledge was discussed more freely, there are systems in place that weight how often you’ve been antag, how effective you are as one and then adjusts acordingly.

THAT SAID LEAVING ROUNDS FREQUENTLY WITHOUT SOME KIND OF RP OR LEGITIMATE REASON WILL OFTEN BE CONSIDERED “ANTAG ROLLING” WHICH IS CONSIDERED A ICKY NO NO VERY BAD AND IS A ADMIN/MOD PUNISHABLE OFFENCE. CONSIDER YOURSELF WARNED!

4 Likes

Not really a point to that when it’s an open source codebase.

Antag rep exists, and antag rolling takes priority over any other job pref (IE, you have blood bros on, Ai is on high, you roll blood bro instead)

See that’s where you’re wrong. How antag rep works and such is stored in the config, the current version of which wasn’t uploaded to the github.

1 Like

Well that’s just kind of shitty if Ie a bartender main gets less antag rounds than a curator main or whatever the comparison would be.

1 Like

playing 30mins then getting bored isn’t antag rolling btw, i asked with admins to know - my attention span is usually very low and i can’t bring myself to continue playing when bored

3 Likes

I remember when antag rep was removed on a different server, the whole playerbase celebrated, good times, I hate antag rep, everyone should have an equal chance(I dont know how antag rep works lol)

So does this function as a chance increaser or a resource that spends itself when it can? And if I changed my job priorities for one round, would I keep my high antag roll chance? (I don’t think you can roll antag if there’s nobody to take your place.)

Some amount of it is fair, or us command players would never get to be an antag.

I mean you RP’d right? so long as SOME RP happens then it’s not considered antag rolling, I mean if it’s low pop or low threat dynamic, then 30 minutes with nothing interesting is pretty well reasonable.

Encourages people who love antag to just play command because thats how their chances are increesed,(assuming antag rep is bigger if you play command, I dont care about the real answer) and with that you get useless command.

1 Like

Problem is if nobody else is able to fill that role, you don’t even get a roll.

I talk about it but also mention that if you’re playing any of those roles and are completely incompetent at them or cryo within like 30 minutes, it’s pretty obvious what you’re doing.

What I will say here is that assistant is at the very bottom, you will be incredibly unlikely to ever roll antag by only playing assistant.

I play with stuff like tots and changelings, you know, the most common antags off. Whenever i turn them on, I instantly roll it. That’s like once in 3 months though

how it works is by checking for antag status, and then job. if your job is antag-protected, you are given another job instead

otherwise, the antag chance is only weighted by antag rep, and, even then, only a little bit

1 Like

I mean I only got antag once in my first 80-odd hours, and then since I started playing command I’ve gotten it something like 5 times.