Input for official escalation policy

no i just think changing or expanding rules every 3 days isnt the best idea
just do one big rule overhaul instead of nitpicking every few days

This is open for player feedback before it’s implemented officially as part of the massive rule-shift and clarification on the wiki. If you see inconsistencies with how escalation has previously been enforced or how you expect escalation to work, this is place to discuss those conflicts so this can be changed.

Or are you telling me you’d rather all the rules be overhauled and clarified entirely behind the scenes with no option for players to have input?

It has just been clarified???

I am kinda Robotocist/Science main and i have a question for the tresspassing.
Lets say someone is breaking into Robotics. You call him out to Security but, oh suprise, Security dont show up. The offender is inside now. Am i on the “legal side”, if i flash and cuff him and weld him into a locker and bring him to security or this too much?
Also what if someone trys it again and again and again to break in, is it okay for me to put him into crit and give him a pacify surgery so he actually wont hurt me or someone else? EVEN THO he may die in the process BUT gets defibed / healed up after the surgery is done? (taken that Security, again, dont show up)
Asking so i am on the “safe side”, other than that its understandable written, thanks for that.

just flash+cuff him, welder lockering him actually means hes more likely to escape because he will be able to move when you unweld it.

the easiest thing to do would be to bucklecuff then call for sec to come pick him up

if this is LRP however feel free to full-strip and dunk him into disposals cuffed

1 Like

Thank you. Actually there comes a second question in mind. What about Borgs? Do the same rules apply when i would fight against them? Lets say i think the borgs (or just one) is rogue and i beat him to shit do i need to bring him to Robotics, or can i let him rot somewhere. … Just for clarification, i can think the answer is Bring him to Robotics but yeah.

Actual rogue borgs come from AI with bad laws or emag.
If the borg is misbehaving you can lock him or ask the AI to lock him but you shouldn’t punish them indefinitely or blow them up if you are not sure if they are actually rogue.
If the borg is really annoying (for example injecting you with pax) you can lock him down while ahelping so you have good argument why you locked him down in the first place.

Lets say i’ve beaten a cyborg to shit, i am in, lets say cargo. Should i leave the borg to rot where i am, should i bring it to robotics or should i hide it, like disposaling it or putting it into a locker in maint? And what are the consequences? Do i get a note for destroying and spacing a borg or is that okay?

Borgs are players and should be treated as such. If you have valid cause to lock down a borg, it should be locked down; if you can’t lock down a borg, your only real option is to destroy it, but much like with players you become responsible for “first aid”.

Spacing or hiding a borg is equal to spacing or hiding a body - don’t do it to a borg if you wouldn’t do it to a player. Take borg to Robotics if you’d take a player under similar circumstances to medical. A borg that is simply following its laws should not be removed from the round - get someone to fix or change the laws.

some jannies tend to disagree

cringe badmin moment

so if someone starts a non-lethal barfight and i dont want to be part of it and after many attempts to stop them am i allowed to use lethal force (death nettles, chairs, toolboxes, fireaxes etc.)?