ImSynthex mentor app

Your CKEY:
ImSynthex
Your Discord:
ImSynthex#1515
How long have you been playing ss13?:
2 years
Who vouches for your experience (if anyone)?:
spOcky (Martin Spes), tayloriguess (Taylor Fisher), Lago (Boron XVII), Bungo (Bungo) Bungo, did I mention Bungo?
Game Experience (More Detailed):
Pretty nicely spread out hours (even if I do say so myself)
Moderate med, engi, sec, sillycon and general game experience, gaming
0.2 hours as cargo tech :frowning:
Have read a large part of the wiki as a result of being bored.
Can read.
I have 1 note in 800 hours, paradise scarred me forever, I also have 500 more hours on pardise, if that is at all relevant.

I donā€™t have perms to post images, so enjoy this wall of text, also known as my hours:

Summary

Total

Living 773.3h
Ghost 94.3h

Jobs

Captain 123.0h
Head of Personnel 53.3h
Head of Security 52.5h
Chief Medical Officer 49.3h
Station Engineer 49.0h
AI 45.2h
Brig Physician 34.5h
Chief Engineer 29.2h
Lawyer 28.7h
Chaplain 22.3h
Shaft Miner 20.8h
Cyborg 20.3h
Security Officer 18.8h
Mime 15.3h
Paramedic 15.0h
Botanist 14.5h
Research Director 14.5h
Curator 14.2h
Medical Doctor 13.3h
Roboticist 12.3h
Geneticist 11.3h
Assistant 10.5h
Quartermaster 10.0h
Warden 9.2h
Scientist 9.0h
Detective 7.3h
Atmospheric Technician 5.5h
Janitor 3.0h
Chemist 2.3h
Virologist 2.2h
Barber 2.0h
VIP 2.0h
Clown 1.8h
Debtor 1.8h
Psychiatrist 1.8h
Bartender 0.7h
Cook 0.7h
Cargo Technician 0.2h
Stage Magician 0.2h
Deputy 0.0h
Gimmick 0.0h

Special

Lavaland Syndicate 9.8h
Ancient Crew 3.0h
Lifebringer 2.7h
Translocated Vet 1.7h
Free Golem 1.0h
Ash Walker 0.7h
Hotel Staff 0.7h
Servant Golem 0.3h
Hermit 0.3h
Exile 0.0h
Escaped Prisoner 0.0h
SuperFriend 0.0h
Space Syndicate 0.0h
Space Doctor 0.0h
Space Bartender 0.0h
Beach Bum 0.0h
Skeleton 0.0h
Zombie 0.0h
Space Bar Patron 0.0h
Ghost Role 0.0h

Being perm banned from Para is an achievement here.

I dont really know what to ask you honestly but i will ask you my standard questions anyway.

1: Best way to cool down a room?
2: Room is spaced, how fix?
3: What air alarm mode do you use to purge toxic gases?
4: How make Tritium?
5: As an AI, how do i talk to my borgs?
6: AI Malf, what do?
7: A borg has gone rogue and is no longer synced, how do you fix it without killing it?
8: How setup Tesla/Singulo?
9: How do i open the fireaxe container thing without breaking the glass?

Oh wait i know you. You are fun to be around as Atlas.

1. Either space heaters, or just space the room and set the air alarm to refill, make sure to get rid of the source of the heat less you want the room to remain a toaster.
  2. Seal the breaches with either iron rods and floor tiles or an RCD (Rapid Constructon Deviceā„¢) and set the air alarm to refill or just carry an air canister in there and open the valve if youā€™re weird.
  3. Contaminated
  4. Havent made too much trit in my time, but, pump 3 canisters of o2 into a chamber, 1 canister of plasma, light it on fire, put a scrubber down to scrub out that trit, make sure to use either plasma glass or just metal walls. reinforced windows are not heatproof.
  5. The shortcut is :b, itā€™s really handy to know all the radio frequencies and such so you dont look like a newbie, cant post a link, go to the beestation wiki and type in radio channels.
  6. Malf AIā€™s are fun, first, get an intellicard if you intent to mock the AI after you card it, then you have a few options, my go-to is to get a sonic jackhammer from the supply lathe, break into the sat, card the AI and tell it to cope and seethe, alternatively maxcap the sat or in the case the ai is subverted (might happen with revs, nukies or the most scary of them all, an incompetent captain) get an AI upload board from the sci lathe, make a upload in maints so the AI doesnt just overload it (lol, just realized if the AI is subverted it cant overload, still, might have combat upgrades, better safe than sorry), then use a reset module.(the amount of times iā€™ve seen people call the AI malf while it was subverted makes me sad)
  7. Though my robo experience is pretty pathetic, iirc you flash the borg, swipe your ID, use a crowbar on it (help intent, less you changed your mind and infact do want to just kill the borg), get a emergency reset module, and use it on the borg.
  8. The only real difference between tesla and singulo is how big the containment needs to be and what kind of engine generator you need, for tesla the containment 1x1, for singulo, the bigger the better, though the standard containment that comes with delta and meta is good, other than that, pretty analog, set the field generators up, atleast 1 emitter needs to be firing into the shield generators, having more just means you have more failsafes, if you want to get power from a tesla, get grounding rods and place them near containment, dont forget to wire them up, set up the particle accelerator to fire into where you placed engine generator, then fire up containment, fire up the emitters, fire up the PA, fire up the fire up, only thing to note after that, any singulo over the stage of 3 is highly advised against, as stage 4 will throw quite the tantrum, still technically containable, stage 5 will just eat your containment, your supermatter crystal and you.
  9. Multitool, the AI can also remotely disable the locks.

Thanks for calling me fun to be around, dunno who you play but Iā€™m sure youā€™re epic too, also sorry for the wall of text, asking me to be brief is a lost cause at this point.

Yes or ATMOS Resin.

Yes.

Honestly Draught is better but yes.

Yes.

Good.

Yes. My method is Thermite and ATMOS Resin.

Ok but how do you resync and reset its laws?

Sure, detailed.

Detailed works. Also i am Paradox. Usually IPC CE or Atmos Tech.

Alright, hereā€™s my best shot and what iā€™d probably reply if this was a mhelp: borgs have 7 wires, you can access these by swiping your ID on the borg, using a crowbar on it, then empty hand, screwdriver, then a use a multitool to pulse wires at random until you get the ā€œIntelligence linkā€ and ā€œlaw syncā€ wires, from there it is pretty self explanatory, sync to the desired AI, make sure you didnt disable the camera of the borg or lock it down, then just screwdriver, power cell, crowbar and ID.

Dunno, donā€™t use draught often, usually itā€™s just me setting air alarms for med, xenobio or brig to get rid of miasma and for that, contaminated works just fine.

Yes. Exhaustive. But yes.

Well i play atmos tech and i use it all the time. Because it lowers the temp and pressure as well. Which can then be easily restored via refill. Contaminated does not fix either of these issues thus its better to fix two or three things at once.

Overall good. Your hours areā€¦fucking wonky but you have a lot of vouches and you are knowledge enough for me.

+1

1: how do you fit as much gas into a canister as possible?

2: what is the fastest way to clear distro?

3: how does one plasma flood the station?

4: what are some of the gases made with fusion?

5: you need to remove a pipe filled with plasma, what is a safe way to remove it?

6: do gas pumps hold gas?

+1

with all those vouches +1

All I have to say is, yes. +1

I am irrelevant but I am also vouching

1. Cool the gas down

2. Have never done it, donā€™t know, though if i had to, Iā€™d set air filters up at distro output, then just filter out whatever is in there that isnt o2 or n2.

3. Either just open plasma canisters in the main hallway or go to Atmos, replace the room that has 1 air canister in it with a mixture of plasma and o2 (so it burns better), then go around and set air alarms to draught.

4. bz, co2, nitryl, n2o, trit

5. My way of doing it would be to just surround it with atmos holofan holograms and removing the pipe(s), might not be the safest/most efficient way, but it works nontheless.

6. iirc, no

+1 automatically since I like the cut of your jib, but to further convince people who might be on the fence -

• A junior Atmospheric Technician asks you how he can safely remove gas from a pipe he accidentally misplaced. He doesnā€™t want to vent the entire network, only change one pipe. How could he go about this from roundstart?
  • A botanist receives a plant that contains something called polyprylium oligomers. What does this chemical do and what is the easiest source of it that is not strange seeds so he can research it? (This is on the wiki, but I am saying this so if you are asked a question you donā€™t know you can consult it.)
  • An assistant asks a question that you yourself donā€™t know. How do you go about responding to it and answering it?

I like your answers, the only one wrong is that trit is not made with fusion.

+1

1. Get an atmos holofan, surround the pipe with holograms, replace the pipe, some gas will leak, but this is a way of doing it without venting the entire network just to replace 1 pipe.

2. Right, after a minute of looking at the wiki, this is what i got: Polyprylium Oligomers are a toxin found in the Spacemanā€™s Trumpet Plant (acquired by mutating lily, which you get from mutating poppy, which you can get from the botany seed vendor), Polyprylium Oligomers themselves deal lung damage when ingested.

3. First, look to the wiki / code, if I somehow donā€™t manage to find an answer there, Iā€™d try to ask someone who knows that 1 field better than me, if that doesnā€™t work either, I would either give it my best shot and tell the person mhelping to take it with a grain of salt or if I really just have no answer and canā€™t even make an educated guess, I wouldnā€™t respond, seeing as just responding ā€œlol idkā€ doesnā€™t leave a great impression. Though I doubt any question would be left unanswered from even just the wiki / code alone.

donā€™t quote me here but I believe you only need to place a holofan/wall on top of the pipe you want to unwrench then alt click the tile to interact with just the pipe

Tbh I have thought about this, but any time I need to replace a pipe I just surround it anyways, never bothered to test it out.

Yeah, you only need one, but still a decent answer.

Second one is good too, but Polyprylium Oligomers heal lung damage - they donā€™t cause it, albeit its ultimately very minor considering how rarely lung damage occurs.

Third one is a great answer, albeit there are some that arenā€™t answered on the wiki - namely more niche things, such as what certain chemicals do or what has the illegal_item flag.

Looks good, questions answered.
+1

T: 7